X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Flacco!!!!!!!!!!

WELCOME TO BALTIMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

does anybody know what we gave up to get from 26 to 18

we gave up one 3rd rounder (89th overall) and our 6th rounder...wat a f**king terrible move on our part. of all teh QBs we could have taken, we take the worst one. wat a horrible horrible move. I just wanna say, guys, its been fun, but for serious, i cant cheer for the ravens anymore. thats just pathetic. I am Jack's complete and utter disgust. horrible. just horrible.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

That was just waaay too much of a reach for Flacco. We could have gone for Jenkins or someone where we are, or get Henne at 8 in Rd. 2. OR MAYBE FLACCO!

I don't get the move. At all. I just hope he doesn't start right away...I'll be highly HIGHLY upset.

Comment

It was only a 3rd and a 6th, it isnt that bad of a move, many teams wanted a QB.

Comment

It's a matter of value..now we hafta pay him first round money, when we could have paid him second round money and kept our picks, or traded up later on for some other guys..it's just a silly move.

Comment

Man, the day started off really promising with us trading down. Then we trade back up for Joe Flacco! We could have easily waited there and still could have taken him. We better a good CB in round 2 like Tracy Porter or Brandon Flowers.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

I'm okay with Flacco. Personally, I would've like Brohm, but there's worse than Flacco.

But I'm not okay with what the Ravens paid. It was way too much to trade up and make a reach pick with Flacco. Sure, he might not have been available at 26, but there were other QBs. And now you gotta pay some big bucks.

Comment

i hate the ravens now...im swithcing teams, this is bull. i dont feel bad about switching either, cause its not like i have a hometown team. I just like teams because of who they have or how they are run, and now the ravens messed up. So i hate them. this was one of teh worst manegerial decisions ive seen in a while. Like FLACCO? if u want a big armed QB, develop boller. dont go draft a bust like flacco.
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by SKim172 View Post
                  I'm okay with Flacco. Personally, I would've like Brohm, but there's worse than Flacco.

But I'm not okay with what the Ravens paid. It was way too much to trade up and make a reach pick with Flacco. Sure, he might not have been available at 26, but there were other QBs. And now you gotta pay some big bucks.
                  I think the media provided a huge smokescreen and everyone in the FO fell for it. Flacco's abilities have been highly overrated the entire week. Do I think he has potential to be a great player? Absolutely. He was way overdrafted though, and with Boller and Smith the other 2 QBs, Flacco might be expected to start sooner than later, and if he gets thrown to the wolves, it's Boller pt. 2.

Comment

You know what, it won't even matter. You guys don't have to worry about Joe Flacco not panning out, he'll be a great back-up to the one and only TROY SMITH!!! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Yung Flippa View Post
                      You know what, it won't even matter. You guys don't have to worry about Joe Flacco not panning out, he'll be a great back-up to the one and only TROY SMITH!!! :D

then they wasted a 1st round pick when it could have been used on mike jenkins

Comment

I agree, we could have easily taken Mike Jenkins there and still had a chance at Flacco OR Henne at #38. Jenkins is falling hard.

Comment

im officially a jaguars fan now...bye bye terrible ravens who waste draft picks on horrible players...the only way the ravens could make this up to me would be by drafting quentin groves or brandon flowers, then i MIGHT forgive them

Comment

chill the hell out... It wasnt really that bad, many teams had Flacco ranked #2 QB, they may have gotten word that a team will trade up, plus Flacco is the big armed QB Cam Cameron wants, and Boller is garbage he would be a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                              chill the hell out... It wasnt really that bad, many teams had Flacco ranked #2 QB, they may have gotten word that a team will trade up, plus Flacco is the big armed QB Cam Cameron wants, and Boller is garbage he would be a waste of time.
                              boller has much more natural ability then flacco does, first off...there is nothing flacco does that boller cannot do better. i dont care how many teams had him ranked as the #2 team, the point is we traded BACK UP to get him when we could have gotten adequate value at the #26 spot.

also, id much rather have boller throwing our passes then flacco. but tahts just me. since when has cameron had a hard on for strong armed QBs? drew brees wasnt renowned for his arm strength, neither was phillip rivers, who he had a part in drafting in SD. if anything, i think brohm would have been a much better fit for the ravens system.

also, i dunno about you, but i dont wanna watch another season of our secondary getting torched. that pick would have been better spent on mike jenkins.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information