Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offensive Line Situation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Offensive Line Situation

    While reviewing the various sports sites for the latest buzz on free agents I came across Len Pasquarelli's Sleeper Free Agent list:

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2784447

    Anyway I came across the name of Marc Columbo the Tackle recently of the Cowboys. He's 6'8" 320 lbs and only 28 years old. He may be worth a look at during free agency in case Pashos is serious about the interest he's generating. Another interesting name on there was Al Johnson also from the Cowboys who was a former 2nd round pick and was the center of the future for them until Gurode got a chance and took over the position. I'm not sure if we are considering releasing Flynn over the summer or not but if we could get Johnson on the cheap we could leave both Jason Brown and Chris Chester at the Guard position as they should good comfortability there when both in the lineup.

    Magical sig by OSUGiants

    SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


    Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

    So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

  • #2
    Columbo could be a viable option if he comes cheap. We all know that Ozzie likes those cheap stopgap guys at RT. Just get by baby, that's Ozzies OL philosophy. That's all if all this stuff about Pashos is true, though it seems to be unfortunately.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hey man at this point as long as they can pass/run block there good enough for me. Open a hole for the back and keep the QB clean and whoever it is will get no grief from me....

      Magical sig by OSUGiants

      SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


      Originally posted by Job
      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

      So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

      Comment


      • #4
        Oh I'm not disagreeing. A rookie likely won't be much better, regardless of who it is.

        Comment


        • #5
          Well Tony's gone, bring on Columbo!

          Magical sig by OSUGiants

          SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


          Originally posted by Job
          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

          So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

          Comment


          • #6
            Tony's gone bring on Joe Staley!!!
            HALL OF FAMER!
            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

            Xbox Live - Kevown8999

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
              Tony's gone bring on Joe Staley!!!
              There are better talents to be had in the 1st. I don't like us taking a guy just because Pashos is gone, I think we should look at FA's and Terry and go in that direction. Starting a rookie on a team looking to win the SB next year would definitely hurt us. I think we should look at who is cheap, a solid run blocker and not total crap, and then draft somebody in rds 3-5 for the future.

              Comment


              • #8
                Staleys a great option started his career as a TE he is a very agile guy... and can still pack on another 15-25 lbs on his frame... and hangin with Terry and JO he won't have a problem doing that !! I think we need to ad another guard in the mold and Flynn leaving is not an option yet I don't think...Jason Brown is the backup and I think Chester needs a little more seasoning... I think we need ad another OG to the fold...Manuel Ramirez he is a BEAST !

                Comment


                • #9
                  I decided to give this thread a bump because now that Pashos is gone I'm getting more used to the idea of Columbo as a stop-gap. For one thing, he's definitely going to be better than any rookie we take at 29, perhaps a crucial point when you have a vet team trying to contend, and for another he might come pretty cheap. I also don't like the idea of spending our first round pick on a reach (I consider Staley just that at 29) just because we lost somebody.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bohleive View Post
                    I decided to give this thread a bump because now that Pashos is gone I'm getting more used to the idea of Columbo as a stop-gap. For one thing, he's definitely going to be better than any rookie we take at 29, perhaps a crucial point when you have a vet team trying to contend, and for another he might come pretty cheap. I also don't like the idea of spending our first round pick on a reach (I consider Staley just that at 29) just because we lost somebody.
                    I have to agree I think that reaching is not a good strategy for us in the draft we have never followed that and shouldnt start now. I would rather see us go after someone like Jarvis Moss or a Brandon Merriweather or a Jon Beason. I think 2nd round will be the best place to start building up backups for the OL.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Don't be surprised if Adam Terry is your starting RT week 1. I know there's talk about him being strictly a LT, but Eric Decosta did an interview this past week, and said Terry could very well be the starter at RT.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The longer it takes Colombo to sign, the more it looks like he is staying with the Cowboys. We still has his offer on the table, and he is trying to find something better, but it looks like it isn't happening.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          LT: Jonathon Ogden
                          LG: Jason Brown (Mulitalo if he returns)
                          C: Chris Chester
                          RG: Keydrick Vincent
                          RT: Adam Terry


                          That line doesnt seem THAT bad. Theres alot of potential there. Our front office knew what they were doing when they drafted these guys. I think we will be fine even if we dont address line in this draft. If JO walks we must address the line this year or sign a cheap veteran.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                            LT: Jonathon Ogden
                            LG: Jason Brown (Mulitalo if he returns)
                            C: Chris Chester
                            RG: Keydrick Vincent
                            RT: Adam Terry


                            That line doesnt seem THAT bad. Theres alot of potential there. Our front office knew what they were doing when they drafted these guys. I think we will be fine even if we dont address line in this draft. If JO walks we must address the line this year or sign a cheap veteran.
                            Mulitalo is being asked to take a pay cut and a backup role to Jason Brown so Im thinkin Mulitalo will either be back and on the bench or cut.

                            Something else, I just saw a mock that had us taking Ryan Kalil in rd 1. And at first I was kinda not to into it, but when you think about the fact that Chester played very well at OG last year, and the thought that Kalil could be a special C it doesnt seem like such a bad idea....

                            LT: Ogden (preferably Terry at LT, JO at RT, but for the sake of argument)
                            LG: Brown
                            C: Kalil
                            RG: Chester
                            RT: Terry

                            That seems a pretty solid line right there.
                            HALL OF FAMER!
                            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

                            Xbox Live - Kevown8999

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              That would be a lot of youth and potential on our offensive line.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information