Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ovie Mughelli

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ovie Mughelli

    Adam Schefter was just saying its basically a done deal that he'll go to ATL for big dollars, this loss really makes me angry he was a guy who ran hard caught well out of the backfield and blocked great.......this is a true loss.
    HALL OF FAMER!
    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

    Xbox Live - Kevown8999

  • #2
    yup this loss really, really irks me. i think we should have made more of an effort to resign him. if we needed more money we should have restructured keydrick vincent's and mike flynn's contracts. both are garbage and are making over 2 millions bucks a year. ovie was one of the really good guys in the locker room and was turning into one of the best blocking fullbacks in the nfl.

    Comment


    • #3
      Doesn't ATL have Justin Griffith?

      Sig By:The Dynasty

      2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
        Doesn't ATL have Justin Griffith?
        Thats what i was just thinking.

        Comment


        • #5
          Oh nevermind saw on the free agent list and Griffith is one guess they are letting him walk but I don't want him cause he can't block, but one name on that list really attracted me, Alan Ricard.

          Sig By:The Dynasty

          2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
            Oh nevermind saw on the free agent list and Griffith is one guess they are letting him walk but I don't want him cause he can't block.
            That's basically why we'd pay Mughelli and let Griffith go. He couldn't lead block.
            Last edited by Shiver; 03-02-2007, 04:29 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              I want Ricard Back.

              Sig By:The Dynasty

              2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

              Comment


              • #8
                1 question, if Pashos is gone, Mughelli is gone, JJ is leaving, why the hell didnt we franchise AD? I thought we let AD walk so we could re-sign these guys.
                HALL OF FAMER!
                PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

                Xbox Live - Kevown8999

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                  1 question, if Pashos is gone, Mughelli is gone, JJ is leaving, why the hell didnt we franchise AD? I thought we let AD walk so we could re-sign these guys.
                  I'd have to guess that one more time other teams vastly overpaid for our FA's picking us clean. On the other hand, this does leave us in much better cap shape for the future and AD is 30.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    gah.... i loved ovie....


                    Go Ravens!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bohleive View Post
                      I'd have to guess that one more time other teams vastly overpaid for our FA's picking us clean. On the other hand, this does leave us in much better cap shape for the future and AD is 30.

                      I think we can basically abandon any hopes of being a true contender next year IMO. We might be able to stay around 9-7 but our whole backfield could be new which is gonna take time to adjust, and all this has got to be lowering the morale of the team.
                      HALL OF FAMER!
                      PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                      JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

                      Xbox Live - Kevown8999

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If we had franchised Adalius it would be a sign that we are stacking our chips for a year or 2 but now by letting these guys go and the age of our team don't expect Baltimore to be a championship contending team for atleast the next 5 years.

                        Sig By:The Dynasty

                        2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                          I think we can basically abandon any hopes of being a true contender next year IMO. We might be able to stay around 9-7 but our whole backfield could be new which is gonna take time to adjust, and all this has got to be lowering the morale of the team.
                          I wouldn't start jumping ship just yet. RT is not that pivotel a role on this team and it never has been. Pashos could be replaced rather cheaply, maybe even Terry will turn a corner this year and actually progress to being able to put his hand down on the right side. If we can get a legit runner either through trade or FA or the draft we are very much in business. A good RB will take us a long way. Mike Anderson could likely replace the touches Mughelli gave us, if not Green, again if he is in fact gone. Same goes for AD. We still have Cody and plenty of fire power from a passrush standpoint. AD was never a great passrusher until Scott emerged and we signed Pryce. IMO our best passrushers are still on the team and that is the crux of our defense. Lighten up. This team went 13-3 and lost to the SB champs by essentially 6 pts last season. The thing that hurt us the most was the lack of a good runner, all of our other strengths remain basically intact. Like I said if we get that runner and stay healthy again we are fine. Damn it's early to be writing this kind of post.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bohleive View Post
                            I wouldn't start jumping ship just yet. RT is not that pivotel a role on this team and it never has been. Pashos could be replaced rather cheaply, maybe even Terry will turn a corner this year and actually progress to being able to put his hand down on the right side. If we can get a legit runner either through trade or FA or the draft we are very much in business. A good RB will take us a long way. Mike Anderson could likely replace the touches Mughelli gave us, if not Green, again if he is in fact gone. Same goes for AD. We still have Cody and plenty of fire power from a passrush standpoint. AD was never a great passrusher until Scott emerged and we signed Pryce. IMO our best passrushers are still on the team and that is the crux of our defense. Lighten up. This team went 13-3 and lost to the SB champs by essentially 6 pts last season. The thing that hurt us the most was the lack of a good runner, all of our other strengths remain basically intact. Like I said if we get that runner and stay healthy again we are fine. Damn it's early to be writing this kind of post.

                            Im not jumping ship I love my team Ravens fan for the rest of my life, but Im just facing reality, what FB are we gonna find better than Ovie? Cody I think can be good replacing AD but he isnt as good as AD. JO and Ray get another year older as does Samari and C Mac which at there ages is when you start to see declines by the year. McNair sucks and is old and getting older and more useless by the second, if we bring back Jamal then our running game sucks again, and we'll be the same ol team that loses games when our defense only gives up 14 points. 9-7 was sugar coating it btw cause I was looking at the schedule when I thought we would get Ovie back and some other guys and was having trouble coming up with 7 wins in it, now I look at it and I think to myself maybe Darren McFadden here we come cause we will be picking in the top ten next year if we dont do something soon to stop the bleeding.
                            HALL OF FAMER!
                            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

                            Xbox Live - Kevown8999

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                              Im not jumping ship I love my team Ravens fan for the rest of my life, but Im just facing reality, what FB are we gonna find better than Ovie?
                              I meant jumping ship in terms of totally losing hope for the season, I wasn't questioning your loyalty as a Ravens fan. As far as the things you said, I just don't think a FB is that pivotal a position, and it's not like we don't have guys in place- Justin Green, Mike Anderson, both of whom are known for their ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. The big ? is can we find a legit runner. Call me an optimist I guess, but if we find one and we stay healthy then I think we'll be fielding a better team than last year. Replacing Pashos isn't that big a deal. Hell, we might even find someone who can run block to replace him.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information