Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jarret Johnson

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=2786311

EWE!!!! This infuriates me more than anything!!! We friggin gave Johnson $13 mil for 3 years??????!!!!!! EWE!!!!!!!!

EWE!
    HALL OF FAMER!
    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=2786311

EWE!!!! This infuriates me more than anything!!! We friggin gave Johnson $13 mil for 3 years??????!!!!!! EWE!!!!!!!!

EWE!
    I am happy to have him back, but that is too much for a player who is a backup LB/DE. The only way that is a good deal is if Ozzie expects him to be our starting OLB. I would have much rather had Mughelli at 3M a year then Johnson at 4.33 M a year.

Comment

JJ is A Good Player
      But I Think That Is A Little High
      For A Back-Up

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

im glad he is atleast comming back. he and dan cody should compete well to fill AD spot.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

not reallly as high on JJ as i once was... we def overspent

Go Ravens!

Comment

Wow if we are willing to throw crazy money on a backup like this and we don't resign Pashos or Ovie and we cut Jamal, makes you wonder why we didn't lock up Adalius.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

I think we paid him that much because he will be the starter next year. I dont think theres anyway Dan Cody starts over him.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                I think we paid him that much because he will be the starter next year. I dont think theres anyway Dan Cody starts over him.
                I think Jarrett Johnson sucks and never understood why everyone here loves him so much, we will all see he will really downgrade our defense considerably. He is very slow doesn't take on blocks like you would like and is not good in coverage. Realiable backup sure, but starter on a top defense in the NFL, heck no.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Why all the hate on JJ ?? we still have over 8 million in cap room for this year and I am sure we will restructure someone to get that down...I don't see us making Jamal a part of this team though after this...I think JJ will do just find platooning with Dan Cody and a rookie that we get in the 3rd or 4th rd.. very hard working guy... and he did well on special teams just like AD did when he was starting out...

Comment

that is a lot of $.

Comment

Too much. It had better be loaded with incentives. I never liked JJ as a starter, he seems to be the all around backup. Unlike Thomas when he was unknown, he doesn't have the athletic ability to explode into a great player. But we'll see.

Comment

no way ERU....has you seen the type of money that guys are going for now?

7 years, 49 mil for derrick dockery.

wes welker will probably go to the patriots for 5 million bucks a year. 3 years 13 million is a fine deal.

ovie mughelli is the highest paid fullback in NBA history.

i love JJ and rex ryan will find some way to use him to is full potential. he will be a force on our D. you heard it from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                          I think Jarrett Johnson sucks and never understood why everyone here loves him so much, we will all see he will really downgrade our defense considerably. He is very slow doesn't take on blocks like you would like and is not good in coverage. Realiable backup sure, but starter on a top defense in the NFL, heck no.
                          This is based on what? JJ is a very underrated young player. The guy can do everything, just like AD. He's solid in coverage, he's great against the run, he's versatile and people don't realize how good a passrusher he is. The reason Cody didn't see the field this season was JJ's ability to rush the passer. He didn't get a lot of sacks but if you watch film he consistently got pressure and was one of our best players in this regard. The guy could be ready to take the next step and our FO would know better than us. Seriously, go back and watch the film. I know most of you are basing your disapointment off of the fact that you wanted a better passrusher, but this guy is good and improving all the time. Give him a shot. I for one am very happy we retained him and realistically speaking the only guy I wanted to retain more was Pashos, mainly from a standpoint that Pashos would've allowed us to be more flexible in the draft and given us continuity on the line.

Comment

I dont care what the top OG got on the market, we still drastically overpaid for a guy who is a good rotation guy, he is not a starter.
                            HALL OF FAMER!
                            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                              we still drastically overpaid for a guy who is a good rotation guy, he is not a starter.
                              How do you know he's not a starter? He's never really got the chance. If you're projecting this, I think I just made a pretty good case above for him being just that. I expected somebody like SF or Cle to pay JJ a lot more than we did.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information