My Ravens Draft/Offseason thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Ravens Draft/Offseason thoughts

The ravens need to draft a corner in round 1 which will add another great player to their defense such as DJ Moore or Alphanso Smith, and than in the second round they need to draft a receiver i think Kenny Brit is a good fit here because he is the tall type of deep threat the ravens need also Brandon Lafell would be a good second round pick. Last year many receivers picked in the second round showed tons of potential and contributed immediately such as Eddie Royal and Desean Jackson. Or they could go the other way and choose a receiver in the first round such as Jeremy Maclin, Hakeem Nicks or Darius Heyward Bay (I really don't think Percy Harvin fits well with the ravens) and in the second round get a corner like Asher Allen, Sean Smith, Victor Harris or Tevard Lindley. In the third round we need to get a linebacker most likely an inside linebacker because either Lewis, Scott or Both are leaving and we need a replacement in this draft such as Darry Beckwith or Jason Phillips, Jameel McClain may even be able to fill in he was an undrafted free agent last year and the ravens signed him and he had both of their safties. Antawn Barnes would replace Suggs next year if they lose him and may even replace Jared Johnson even if they get Suggs, Lewis, and Scott back. In the fourth Round we should get a DT or DE for more depth on the D-line Gregg, Banaan, and Pryce are all getting old and we should look to add someone to play with Ngata.

Isn't Layfell going back to college? Or am I a dunce?

Comment

oh yea sorry

Comment

Trevard Lindley is going back also.

Comment

sorry about that to

Comment

IMO Our draft day should go like this......

If available the Ravens should go Heyward-Bey, if he's gone get Nicks, and if he's gone then shop that pick for a WR. Rd 2 there has been talk of Laurinaitis slippin and it seems as if Ray Ray is outta here so I nab JL and call it a day 1. Rd 3 I look at Jairus Byrd CB of Oregon, if he is not there which I doubt I look for Robert Ayers DE, Tennessee or Kyle Moore DE, USC.
            HALL OF FAMER!
            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

I agree with the reciever part but i think Tavares gooden is a good player to replace lewis im not saying he will BE ray lewis but i think he can fill in for him

Comment

Originally posted by ravensfan3jt View Post
                I agree with the reciever part but i think Tavares gooden is a good player to replace lewis im not saying he will BE ray lewis but i think he can fill in for him
                Right I agree but we run a mostly 3-4 scheme and we need 2 inside LBs, and IMO Gooden/Laurinaitis would be dominant!
                HALL OF FAMER!
                PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

yea but if we lose lewis that would most likely mean we keep scott so we would have johnson and suggs on the outside and gooden and scott in the middle i also think i good idea might be to replace johnson and start barnes instead

Comment

There's no way Little Animal falls all the way to our 2nd pick. Maybe the second round, but not our pick in the 2nd. I would like WR in the first, or a corner if DHB/Nicks/Britt/Maclin aren't there.

Comment

Why does everyone think Harvin is a bad fit for us?? He is a playmaker and has top level speed...

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
                        Why does everyone think Harvin is a bad fit for us?? He is a playmaker and has top level speed...
                        I don't think he does have top level speed. He has AMAZING burst and agility, but his top-end speed isn't as good as some think it is. There were plenty of games where he was caught from behind with an open field in front of him, and a guy like DHB or Maclin probably would of taken those plays to the house. I don't really think he is much of a deep threat in the league, although he'll be great for a team that runs a ton of screens and spreads the ball around.

Comment

i do not like harvin at all we already have a guy kinda like him in ray rice

Comment

well as a ravens fan I made a list of what I'd do.
                            1. Resign Ray Ray and T-Sizzle.
                            2. Trade Willis McGahee for Anquan Boldin.
                            3. Draft Alphonso Smith and Ramses Barden.

ps. How would you guys feel about Larry Johnson? I mean hes from Maryland..

Go Celtics
                            Go Irish
                            Go Ravens

Comment

Originally posted by lordquas View Post
                              well as a ravens fan I made a list of what I'd do.
                              1. Resign Ray Ray and T-Sizzle.
                              2. Trade Willis McGahee for Anquan Boldin.
                              3. Draft Alphonso Smith and Ramses Barden.

ps. How would you guys feel about Larry Johnson? I mean hes from Maryland..
                              I do not think we could get Boldin for Willis.
                              Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                              Just let it go RWO.
                              We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information