• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Porter

Originally posted by kffl.com
    Ravens | Ravens showing interest in Porter
    Sun, 4 Mar 2007 12:26:18 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the Baltimore Ravens have joined a growing number of teams interested in signing unrestricted free-agent LB Joey Porter (Steelers). Baltimore was one of the latest teams to contact Porter, agent Jeff Sperbeck said Saturday, March 3.

Well this sucks, hope this doesn't pan out, let one of the other teams interested overpay for this worthless turd.
    HALL OF FAMER!
    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

please please please no. cmon ozzie don't do it. not only does the league hate this guy, but he isn't even any good. just go with my boy jarrett johnson.

Comment

He is still a good player but NO WAY is he welcome on our team. please we are better of with Jarret Johnson, plus he would be a pain in the locker room. I cant see why Ozzie is pursuing him.

Give Kyle Boller 1 Last Chance
      #1 supporter of Demetrius Williams!
      I used to be MaddenPlayer52

Comment

Id feel safer with Porter starting over Johnson but I still dont want him, its time for the Dan Cody era to begin!
        HALL OF FAMER!
        PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
        JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

I think once teams start floating numbers, teams like Cle and SF who missed out on JJ and AD, teams who are gonna offer way more than he's worth, the interest will come to a screeching halt. I can't imagine we were looking at him as anything other than depth, if this is true.

Comment

I think if we sign Joseph he will want enough money that we kiss our hopes of re-signing Suggs good-bye.

Comment

I heard somewhere, can't remember where though so take it with a grain of salt, that the Bengals dropped out when they inquired about Porter's asking price.
              That doesn't bode well for us picking him up (not that I'm really for it) with our limits on spending, unless he wants to take less to play for an outstanding defense.
              Or maybe he just didn't have a long enough rap sheet to qualify for the Bengals.

Comment

id like him as a player on the field becuase i know he can play even though he is declining. how ever his price tag is gonna be too high and id rather have a younger guy get a chance who knows Cody/JJ could become a star with some more in game experience.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

I wouldnt be opposed to signing him, nothing long term and not for a whole lot of money. Id rather have him starting than JJ or Cody.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                    I wouldnt be opposed to signing him, nothing long term and not for a whole lot of money. Id rather have him starting than JJ or Cody.
                    I Agree
                    I Mean I Know He Is Like The #1 Enemy Right Now
                    But If We Can Get His Skills For A Cheap Price Then
                    Id Take Because I'm Not Sure Dan Cody Can Stay healthy
                    And I Wonder if JJ is ready to become a starter

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

I love the hate on Porter... This guy is the same age of AD !! He seems to be declining because of whom he is surrounded by in Pittsburgh... put him on our defense and you have a guy that could get 15 sacks next year and boost the numbers for Suggs to just as many if not more !!! you could be setting records left and right with a guy of his ability rushing the passer on Rex's Defense. I would think that the knowledge amongst you guys that you could appreciate that. With him in there think of some of the experimenting with players you could have... hell you could try JJ inside sometimes and give Dan Cody an another experienced pro bowler to learn from...

Comment

Joey Porter would make our pass rush unreal. He has a ton of talent, and being around the talent we already have, would make him that much better. I don't like the guy, but wouldn't hate to see him and Suggs coming off the edge.

Comment

Here is a link talking about our RB situation. It says we are done with LB after signing JJ. So apparently he is the new starter at OLB. Im not mad I think JJ could really suprise alot of people, hes all hustle.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...orts-headlines

"Unlike running back, Newsome said the team is done with outside linebackers in free agency after re-signing Jarret Johnson over the weekend. That means the Ravens are no longer considering Joey Porter."

"
                          The Ravens also are not pursuing any free-agent offensive tackles. At this point, the Ravens are ready to go with former second-round pick Adam Terry as the replacement for right tackle Tony Pashos, but that isn't necessarily a lock."

"Could we draft a tackle? Sure," Newsome said. "But we feel like [Terry] would go in and do a credible job for us."

This leads me to believe we could be trading up for a RB or trading some picks for a RB. It seems like we are set in most positions so we have picks we could package for either a higher pick or maybe to trade for McGahee.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                            Here is a link talking about our RB situation. It says we are done with LB after signing JJ. So apparently he is the new starter at OLB. Im not mad I think JJ could really suprise alot of people, hes all hustle.
                            That's very good news, I whole heartedly agree. A lot of people seem to forget that even in 05-06 Joey Porter was viewed as one of the most overrated players in the league.

Just for those of you who will be gnashing teeth over this one let me restate my thoughts on Porter from a previous thread.

He's worthless. I never thought he was good in his prime and he's past it. I considered him a beneficiary of the system, getting most of his sacks unblocked or against RB's, and being a one trick pony on top of that.
                            That may be debatable, but what is not is that he's certainly past his prime now. Last season he was just pathetic, running his mouth and then getting owned by any OT who got a hand on him. Think about it, the steelers have a ton of cap space, passrush trouble and they still cut him. Why would we, a team with a great passrush and very little cap space then go out and sign him.

Comment

I am a fan of JJ I love his hustle and attitude, intensity, and work ethic.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information