The Contract We Offered Ray

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Contract We Offered Ray

$24M over three years..what do you guys think?

I think that's a good figure for what he's worth, and I can see the Cowboys courting him, but I don't think Jerry would pay him anything much better than that.

I'm still optimistic he'll be re-signed.

yup 24 seems about right. he's coming here most likely. It's been rumored that the Jets have a similar contract,(25 mil) but if he had to choose, I'm sure he'd choose us over the Jets anyday. I hope 1 mil is not going to change anything.

Comment

Not sure 3 years gets it done though... I think 4 years is the sweet spot to offer.. that way you can restructure during the uncapped year. I heard them talking about that on the NFL Network last night.

$24m seems about right. I just hope the rumors are false about us and Bart Scott that have popped up this morning. Supposedly we aren't close again with Bart. Which means Bart and Jason leave ouch.. that does hurt.

Comment

Ray is DONE in Baltimore. It's over. And all I can say is good bye, get out.

After we stood by him through thick and thin, he's going to talk like he's been disrespected? This team has always made him one of the league's highest paid linebackers, and has always catered to what he wants. He's disrespected the entire city of Baltimore with the way he's handled these free agent negotiations. For now, good riddance. Ozzie gave him a reasonable offer, we made him a top priority this offseason, and he spat in our face as far as I'm concered.

So long Ray, you won't ever find a team or city that will embrace you like Baltimore has.

Comment

I dont think 8 mil a season was enough thats basically what Bart Scott just received from the Jets over 5 years....i think Ray is looking for at least 10 and im sure hell get it, he was a top 5 linebacker this year.

Comment

I can't believe this crap.

Comment

10 Million?
              No way!
              This is too much for Ray, no one will pay this!
              The Jets sign Bart Scott and host Ivy for a visit.

If Ray doesn't sign, i think he will be long on the market.

The Dolphins also bring back Crowder, so i don't think he will go this way.
              24 Million is very good, but i don't think he will play for more than two years.

Greets

Thanks to Hitman for this awesome sig!!

Comment

After the contract Bart Scott just received and the monster deal we gave Foxworth im 100% in agreeance with Ray that the contract we offered was way below market.

Comment

Ray is being a diva, I bet it hurt his self esteem that ol' Rexy brought Scott to NY instead of him. Really the only loss today to be up in arms about is Jason Brown, Chris Chester better be ready to step up his game from last year.

I like our signing of Foxworth (TERP!) but I don't really like the price, at least CB isn't as pressing of a need in the draft now and we can focus on WR/TE/LB

REY MAUALUGA TO BALTIMORE!!!! (I wish :() but I doubt we ever take a LB 1st round wiht the success we have getting them later on. Too bad DHB turned in a ridiculous combine, the homer in me really wanted him.

Comment

can anyone see Ray a raven next year? I haven't heard of him visiting any team as of now, and I doubt anyone will pay him twice as much as we did.

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                      can anyone see Ray a raven next year? I haven't heard of him visiting any team as of now, and I doubt anyone will pay him twice as much as we did.
                      He probably has burned all bridges here, I guess it's a possibility if he realizes his asking price is ******* ridiculous and no one will pay it for a LB entering his mid 30's.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                        He probably has burned all bridges here, I guess it's a possibility if he realizes his asking price is ******* ridiculous and no one will pay it for a LB entering his mid 30's.
                        true, I really can't see many maybe any team that wants to pay what he is asking for. He's old and slowing down. He's got 2-3 good years in him and what we offered him IMO was a very legit deal. I can't see why he is so upset with us, I'd love to hear his reasoning.

Comment

His reasoning is he is a player who thinks he is bigger than the team. I love Ray, probably my all time favorite player but he is for lack of better word, a Diva. He probably thought teams would be lining up for his service and shitted on our offer because he thought there would be others on the table. Ray is a player with such an inflated ego that I'd be surprised to see him put his tail between his legs and sign the deal he turned down. I really don't have an idea how this saga turns out but can't wait to find out one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                            His reasoning is he is a player who thinks he is bigger than the team. I love Ray, probably my all time favorite player but he is for lack of better word, a Diva. He probably thought teams would be lining up for his service and shitted on our offer because he thought there would be others on the table. Ray is a player with such an inflated ego that I'd be surprised to see him put his tail between his legs and sign the deal he turned down. I really don't have an idea how this saga turns out but can't wait to find out one way or the other.
                            lmao, I'd love to see that, but if his ego is as big as you say, he might just retire. But seriously, I can't see teams matching or raising the offer we gave him. Ray was dumb to turn it down and make a big scene out of it.

Comment

wonder if he would come to the titans :D

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information