Clear All

• 2009 Offseason to date

Ray Lewis is a bigger Diva then Beyonce

Bart Scott is a Jet

Jason Brown is a Ram

Domonique Foxworth gets $22+ million after being run out of 2 cities

CMac is gone

Jim Leonhard is visiting the Jets

Definitely could have been a better start, certainly couldn't of been much worse.....

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

I know we want some money in the future to resign guys like Gaither but you can do it with much less money than we have, if we aren't gonna spend it and willing to lose so many key pieces, I just can't understand. Would have been better off than giving 100 mil to Haynesworth to create the beastliest Dline ever.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Maybe Big Steve is so distraught over his mancrush Ray Ray that he's not answering his phone or signing checks?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

I think Ozzie's greatest strength is also his greatest weakness. He's so good at finding talent through the draft and free-agency, he thinks that he can replace just about anybody. Now I really don't know about this, but it has seemed to work for him in the past. I don't like it though, and this year's FA (Brown mainly) will be hard to find a replacement. Only time will tell...

Comment

Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
          I think Ozzie's greatest strength is also his greatest weakness. He's so good at finding talent through the draft and free-agency, he thinks that he can replace just about anybody. Now I really don't know about this, but it has seemed to work for him in the past. I don't like it though, and this year's FA (Brown mainly) will be hard to find a replacement. Only time will tell...

Well lets face it, they have to give Chester a chance at C after spending a 2nd rounder on him.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Well I am kind of glad we didn't sign Scott. It gives a young guy to emerge and we all know that is way to much for scott. Looking on the bright side we will have $ to sign NGata and Gaither instead of breaking the bank on a average LB who is getting paid way to much. I honestly don't care about Ray anymore, I am no phycologist(I cant even spell it right) but he could very well be a legit megalomaniac.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
              Well I am kind of glad we didn't sign Scott. It gives a young guy to emerge and we all know that is way to much for scott. Looking on the bright side we will have $ to sign NGata and Gaither instead of breaking the bank on a average LB who is getting paid way to much. I honestly don't care about Ray anymore, I am no phycologist(I cant even spell it right) but he could very well be a legit megalomaniac.

Psychologist

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

BD Im gonna disagree with you here. Foxworth wasn't run out of either city. Things didnt work out in Denver and Domonique is not a guy who you hear alot about so his name doesnt say Ill give you a top pick for him. And as for Atlanta, they wanted Foxy back bad but we gave him more money then they offered. Personally I think the Foxworth pickup is a very good signing. Maybe we over paid for him, but I'd rather overpay for a guy like Foxy who is 25, and headed to his prime, then give a bigger over payment deal to a guy like Dre Bly who is on the downside of his career.
                HALL OF FAMER!
                PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

^ Well put.
                  But heres my take on the offseason so far-

Ray will either retire or fix his ties with the Ravens and come back, because no other team will offer him a contract similar to what the Ravens offered him, cause if there was a team, they'd have signed him by now.

Glad we didn't sign Bart to a 42 million dollar contract, New York will regret paying him 48 million for 6 years. This gives Taravares Gooden the chance thay he needs to potentially play next to Ray Lewis. I can't wait to see what he brings

Leonhard is gone, so that means its between Zbikowski and Landry for the starter at SS. Personally I want Zbi because he is more aggressive but I don't know how he is in pass coverage.

I think we need to re-sign Chris McAlister or draft a taller more aggressive guy because Foxworth and Washington are both smaller speedy guys who lack aggressiveness.

And lastly, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! RE-SIGN TERRELL SUGGS!!

Comment

Ray Lewis is the new Brett Favre, there its been said.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

I have read 2 really good posts by ERU OMG!!!! If I could give him rep I would
                      Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                      Just let it go RWO.
                      We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                        I did it for you!

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                          Im turnin ya, I turn everybody. everybody hatesme at first then they love me! Then around prediction for the season time people hate me again until the season starts and takes shape.
                          HALL OF FAMER!
                          PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                          JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

I read somewhere (don't remember where) that Denver traded Dominique because he was so emotionally disturbed about Darrent Williams death, and by being in Denver he could just not let go of it. Also they received so little in a trade because it was basically a 1 year rental. I agree we may have overpaid to get him but he is still very young and is a great character guy, and also frees us up to have some flexibility with what we do in the draft.

I urge everyone to go read Dominique's first blog over at Baltimoreravens.com you can't help but like the guy after you read that here is an excerpt...

Originally posted by Dominique Foxworth

I drove into town this morning with my girlfriend, who is a 1L at Harvard Law right now. We came in from D.C., and on the way we passed by the University of Maryland, College Park, where I played as a Terp. We came through Randallstown where I grew up, and played as a Randallstown Panther. We even drove by my old elementary school. Finally, we arrived at 1 Winning Drive. Itís incredible to look back on my football career and to finally come back and play home in Maryland, for the team I rooted for growing up.
                            He has some other things to say that shows you this guy is nothing but character, really excited to have him back in Maryland.

I think this offseason's theme has been pretty apparent, out with the old in with the new. The young guys are going to get their chance to show what they got. Whether it turns out good, or blows up in our faces, is yet to be seen. I would say if we don't make another signing in free agency we will be significantly worse going into next year but we will have better long term security.

Comment

I think it will all come down to Chris Chester. If he can do a solid job for taking over Jason, I don't think our offense will miss a beat, matter of fact, they will only get better. I'm hoping we draft Britt or Nicks to give Flacco some weapons to throw to, especially since he might not have that great of an o-line he had last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information