• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last time we did a mock, I ran the Ravens, and it ended up like this:

1. Vontae Davis
    2. Percy Harvin
    3. Travis Beckum

Obviously since then, things have changed. Its highly unlikely Harvin will be available in round 2, and after the signing of Foxworth, I'm not convinced we will go CB in Round 1, even though I feel we still should. The signing of LJ Smith eliminates the Beckum selection, although I feel he would be an excellent addition and give Flacco a dynamic recieving threat. As of now, my ideal ravens mock looks like this:

1. Vontae Davis/Alphonso Smith
    2. Derrick Williams (Im a fan, the kid is gunna blow up in the pros, I love him as a slot/#2)

Im still doing further research on round 3 and down, but I think for our top 2 picks, we should go like that. Cant say id be upset if we went with DHB/Harvin in Round 1, but I dont like Britt or Nicks.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Williams may very well be a good slot/#2 guy in the pro's, but we need a big #1. I just can't grasp what there is to like about him.

Comment

Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
        Williams may very well be a good slot/#2 guy in the pro's, but we need a big #1. I just can't grasp what there is to like about him.
        Well right now, he would play in the slot...Mason has said he wants to continue playing, and he is doing so at a fairly high level, and I believe that once Mason retires, Clayton, who is basically his Carbon Copy, can do everything that Mason is doing, and Williams could slide out and be the #2. That would be my immediate thought, but as i said, im not really overly concerned as to which WR we end up with...there is quality there in this draft.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
          I actually think Jarron is a sleeper for our first or 2nd round pick. Highly doubt he will last past the first day. He'd be the perfect replacement for Trevor Pryce. I guess my dream Ravens draft, key on dream would be,

1st: Eben Britton
          2nd: Jarron Gilbert
          3rd: Shawn Nelson
          4th: Ramses Barden
          5th: Deangelo Smith
          6th: Antonio Appleby
          7th: Marko Mitchell
          Yeah I was kind of hoping he'd fall to the 3rd but if he makes it to the 3rd he will probably go earlier than our pick with the number of new 3-4 teams popping up, I wouldn't mind taking him with our second, but he might not even be available for that pick, the dude is a beast.
          Last edited by ccB; 03-24-2009, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            Well right now, he would play in the slot...Mason has said he wants to continue playing, and he is doing so at a fairly high level, and I believe that once Mason retires, Clayton, who is basically his Carbon Copy, can do everything that Mason is doing, and Williams could slide out and be the #2. That would be my immediate thought, but as i said, im not really overly concerned as to which WR we end up with...there is quality there in this draft.
            Except Clayton isn't good enough to replace Mason...

Comment

Does anyone know exactly what picks we have? I know we got a cluster of mid round picks in the trade w/ JAX, then we lost some picks trading up for Flacco. Then we lost some trading for Douglas.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                Does anyone know exactly what picks we have? I know we got a cluster of mid round picks in the trade w/ JAX, then we lost some picks trading up for Flacco. Then we lost some trading for Douglas.
                1st Rd #26 (overall)
                2nd Rd #57 (overall)
                3rd Rd #88 (overall)
                4th Rd #119 (overall)
                5th Rd #154 (overall)
                6th Rd #185 (overall)
                HALL OF FAMER!
                PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Thanks now I am gonna give a full mock a try.

This is a realistic mock and not a dream mock.

1st-Kenny Britt WR(A big WR who will do great w/ our curl and slant routes, is a big target for Flacco so he isnt throwing Jump balls to 5'11 190 Mason/Clayton)
                  Other options:Vontae Davis,Tyson Jackson,Eben Britton,Alex Mack
                  2nd-Jarius Byrd CB(A playmaker that will support the run can play FS/CB could be Reed replacement down the line.)
                  Other options:Ramses Barden,Phil Loadholt,Jarron Gilbert
                  3rd-Jonathan Luigs C(a smart hard working player to learn behind Birk)
                  other options: Kevin Barnes CB.
                  4th-Anthony Hill TE (he fits the role perfectly that Heap did this year)
                  5th-Scott McKillop(A ILB who is smart a leader and is intense)
                  6th-Jose Martinez K(A strong legged kicker who can create a position battle between him and that european guy who we had do kick offs.)
                  Last edited by Ravens1991; 03-24-2009, 03:38 PM.

Comment

^ Nice, I really like Britt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                      Thanks now I am gonna give a full mock a try.

This is a realistic mock and not a dream mock.

1st-Kenny Britt WR(A big WR who will do great w/ our curl and slant routes, is a big target for Flacco so he isnt throwing Jump balls to 5'11 190 Mason/Clayton)
                      Other options:Vontae Davis,Tyson Jackson,Eben Britton,Alex Mack
                      2nd-Jarius Byrd CB(A playmaker that will support the run can play FS/CB could be Reed replacement down the line.)
                      Other options:Ramses Barden,Phil Loadholt,Jarron Gilbert
                      3rd-Jonathan Luigs C(a smart hard working player to learn behind Birk)
                      other options: Kevin Barnes CB.
                      4th-Anthony Hill TE (he fits the role perfectly that Heap did this year)
                      5th-Scott McKillop(A ILB who is smart a leader and is intense)
                      6th-Jose Martinez K(A strong legged kicker who can create a position battle between him and that european guy who we had do kick offs.)
                      I love the first three picks. I'm not so sure we need Hill after signing Smith and Quinn coming back, but I guess both could be gone after this year so I'd be alright with that. McKillop is in the same position. We just have a lot of young guys right now who we need to develop, so I don't know if he would ever even get reps in practice. I agree on going with a kicker too.

Comment

O IDK that Quinn was coming back. Then I would change that pick to a TE who can be a red zone threat and a passing option. and Quinn can be the main blocker.

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
                          I love the first three picks. I'm not so sure we need Hill after signing Smith and Quinn coming back, but I guess both could be gone after this year so I'd be alright with that. McKillop is in the same position. We just have a lot of young guys right now who we need to develop, so I don't know if he would ever even get reps in practice. I agree on going with a kicker too.
                          Where did you see Quinn was coming back? I haven't seen any reports that say that..

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
                            Where did you see Quinn was coming back? I haven't seen any reports that say that..
                            http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,7025233.story

Comment

Here's the part he's referring to if you don't want to read lol:

... Three other restricted free agents (safety Dawan Landry, receiver Demetrius Williams and tight end Quinn Sypniewski) received low tenders. The Ravens will tender them one-year, $1 million deals and would receive a draft pick from the round the player was drafted as compensation. ...

Comment

I hadn't seen anyone post this yet, if I missed it sorry but........we got 0 compensation picks, so unless a trade is made we have 6 picks and no more.
                                HALL OF FAMER!
                                PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                                JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information