Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade for Boldin

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/15/card...for-wr-boldin/

We need a Receiver! Why not take a proven WR??

Thanks to Hitman for this awesome sig!!

Because he would want a ton of $ and a contract extension right away, and we need to re-sign Suggs, Gaither, and Ngata before we give a WR any $. However, a first round WR where we pick wouldn't cost all that much money.

Comment

Ok, Sounds understandable!

But a 1st Round Pick would cost lots of Money tooo

Thanks to Hitman for this awesome sig!!

Comment

Well I'd love to see Boldin a Raven but his agent has eluded that he would want Larry Fitzgerald $ aka 10-12 million a year, and we can't afford that. At #26 a 1st rd WR would only cost about 2 million this year, and then escalate that by a couple mil over the following 4 years.
        HALL OF FAMER!
        PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
        JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

A 1st and a 3rd for Anquan?
          I'd do it. He's safer than guessing on DHB or Kenny Britt as draft picks.
          We'd still have 2nd and 4th round picks for an ILB, or DE.
          Anquan would be the missing piece to a young offense and would compliment Clayton, and Mason perfectly.
          Trade for Boldin, and draft Jarron Gilbert, and Frantz Joseph

Go Celtics
          Go Irish
          Go Ravens

Comment

I'd take my chances with a DHB or Britt. They'd be cheaper and younger. Whereas boldin is 26 ad with his style of play I could see him start to slow down soon. I say keep our draft picks and the money and use it for our franchise players (I.e nagata gaither and suggs) then take a WR on the first.

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
              I'd take my chances with a DHB or Britt. They'd be cheaper and younger. Whereas boldin is 26 ad with his style of play I could see him start to slow down soon. I say keep our draft picks and the money and use it for our franchise players (I.e nagata gaither and suggs) then take a WR on the first.

What he said.
              Originally posted by SunTzu_22
              Just let it go RWO.
              We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

I'd do it. Apparently we have looked into it per espn.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

There might be a legit chance at this happening. Despite what I said earlier, he's still a beast and gives us a great weapon, although I'd be bummed out that we have to give a first for him :(

According to Sun reporter Jamison Hensley, who broke the story, the Ravens are willing to pay first- and third-round picks for Boldin. Then they'll have to re-do his contract; that, after all, is the reason he's forcing his way out of Arizona.
                  Source: Baltimore Sun
                  http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...nanza_for.html

Comment

I won't be mad if it happens because he is a beast but I just hope if we get him it doesn't effect us from signing our guys
                    Just let it go RWO.
                    We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                      Problem is if we get another Travis Taylor we will be pissed for not going after Anquan. That is even extreme, if we even draft just a Mark Clayton type performer will will be upset. The fact is we really are expecting our first rounder to develop into a stud WR which we disparately need but WR's in the draft. As long as it doesn't cost much more than a first and a third I want that guaranteed weapon for Flacco which he desperately needs. The longer we have to wait for the weapons to develop the more Flacco will suffer which could ultimately ruin his confidence. If we don't get Flacco formidable weapons asap he could be a broken down mentally QB before these WR's even come to fruition. With that said if we don't get him we still need to go wideout. After signing Foxworth and re-signing Rolle I would be in full support of taking 2 WR's with our first 3 picks as it's such a crap shoot you don't want to put all your marbles on one receiver.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Yeah if we got our finances straight to re-sign the young guns, and get him without getting rid of Suggs I wouldn't mind it.

Comment

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/16/bold...t-it-resolved/
                          8 different teams. I wonder what he have planned
                          Just let it go RWO.

John Wall

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                            Problem is if we get another Travis Taylor we will be pissed for not going after Anquan. That is even extreme, if we even draft just a Mark Clayton type performer will will be upset. The fact is we really are expecting our first rounder to develop into a stud WR which we disparately need but WR's in the draft. As long as it doesn't cost much more than a first and a third I want that guaranteed weapon for Flacco which he desperately needs. The longer we have to wait for the weapons to develop the more Flacco will suffer which could ultimately ruin his confidence. If we don't get Flacco formidable weapons asap he could be a broken down mentally QB before these WR's even come to fruition. With that said if we don't get him we still need to go wideout. After signing Foxworth and re-signing Rolle I would be in full support of taking 2 WR's with our first 3 picks as it's such a crap shoot you don't want to put all your marbles on one receiver.
                            Flacco is going to need Gaither more than Boldin. Jared is a RFA after this year, I'd rather not let go of our best OL because we gave all of his money to a WR...

Comment

there are reports that there may be no cap in a upcoming year(I forget what year exactly). I could see Biscotti as a guy who throws $$$ to help the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information