In Ozzie We Should Not Trust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Ozzie We Should Not Trust

Horrible day 1. Way to trade up to get a guy who easily makes it to 26 and give away a pick that we drastically need in this the year of only having 6 picks. And way to once again (except for last year) throw away your 2nd rd pick.......Gilbert and Johnson young stud DE's on the board....no thanks lets take a guy who has no potential to be great. Thanks Oz!

BTW don't hate Oher but to me a guy like Maualuga or Kenny Britt helps this team much more than a luxury pick like Oher. We're not in a position to be taking luxury picks, teams like the Steelers are and guess what, we fell back another step behind them today.
    HALL OF FAMER!
    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

I think you are overreacting. Not how anyone seen it but not a bad 1st day.
    Last edited by Ravens1991; 04-26-2009, 12:03 AM.
    Originally posted by SunTzu_22
    Just let it go RWO.
    We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Kruger doesnt have as a high as a ceiling as Johnson or Gilbert, but Kruger can be molded into a perfect replacement for pryce. it isnt like its a horrible pick but I do agree I would have prefered Gilbert over him.

R/W/O sorry for editing your post, I thought I was typing up my post. but I think I fixed it back to normal

Comment

Oher was a GREAT pick! And I truly believe that. This gives us one of the best young offensive lines.

I'm mad we didn't take Sean Smith in the 2nd round though, but Ozzie is a greaking genius and he knows what he is doing.

Comment

We moved up to take a guy who was a potential TOP 10 pick according to some. Miami would have selected him if we didn't. This kid has the heart and desire to do anything. His interview with Erin Andrews was not a fluke or fluff that was really him.. its going to be scary with him on the right side or as a back up plan to Gaither if for some reason his progression stops...

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
            We moved up to take a guy who was a potential TOP 10 pick according to some. Miami would have selected him if we didn't. This kid has the heart and desire to do anything. His interview with Erin Andrews was not a fluke or fluff that was really him.. its going to be scary with him on the right side or as a back up plan to Gaither if for some reason his progression stops...
            Yup hopefully we can get Flacco the same protection as Manning and Brady has had there careers. I like it because our main priority is to make sure Flacco develops into a good QB and it all starts with protection.
            Just let it go RWO.
            We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall

Comment

ERU, your an idiot. Football games are "Won in the Trenches" Adding Oher to an already young and improving o-line was probably the best move we could have done with who was on the board. And did you ever stop to think about the teams behind us?? Pittsburgh maybe?? that mighta wanted to trade up to get Oher? Your crying about giving up a 5th for a top 15 talent?? you always do this(flame Ozzie) on draft day, and your always wrong. As for Paul Kruger, he is your typical Raven pick. I think he'll be a versitile monster for us. He can bulk up to 280 and play the 5 technique and still play OLB at that wieght. The games are won through the trenches and we just made ours much better, younger, and versitile with Oher and Kruger.

Comment

If we are going to take a flyer on a WR I sure hope we don't take one on Barden... I really think he is the Michael Johnson of the WR group... great measureables but it wont equate to the field. I would rather see us take a guy like Johnny Knox. Great speed and is in the mold physically of a Torry Holt 6' 200lbs and has speed to burn (sub 4.4 40) I think he could be a sleeper on day 2

Comment

Is anybody surprised that ERU is unhappy? lol. Oher was probably the best OL we could have taken in the draft because he can/should play RT effectively, where the other guys cannot (I have Oher above Andre).

Kruger is growing on me. I read in an article on the Ravens home website that they want him to add some weight (get up to about 285) so he can be an every down lineman. I think he will be a good player for us.

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
                    If we are going to take a flyer on a WR I sure hope we don't take one on Barden... I really think he is the Michael Johnson of the WR group... great measureables but it wont equate to the field. I would rather see us take a guy like Johnny Knox. Great speed and is in the mold physically of a Torry Holt 6' 200lbs and has speed to burn (sub 4.4 40) I think he could be a sleeper on day 2
                    Knox is a intriguing prospect, he has decent size and blazing speed and alright hands.

Comment

I like how you guys completely skip over how I said I like OHER!!! God some of you are ****** ********!
                      HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                        Horrible day 1. Way to trade up to get a guy who easily makes it to 26 and give away a pick that we drastically need in this the year of only having 6 picks. And way to once again (except for last year) throw away your 2nd rd pick.......Gilbert and Johnson young stud DE's on the board....no thanks lets take a guy who has no potential to be great. Thanks Oz!

BTW don't hate Oher but to me a guy like Maualuga or Kenny Britt helps this team much more than a luxury pick like Oher. We're not in a position to be taking luxury picks, teams like the Steelers are and guess what, we fell back another step behind them today.
                        First you said horrible day 1. No one said you didn't like Oher we are just saying that taking Oher doesn't make this a "horrible day 1.

Then you say Kruger has no potential. That is your opinion and I will trust Ozzie's opinion over yours.

Saying Oher is a luxury pick then saying Maualuga would of been better is crazy because Rey is just as much as a luxury pick as Oher.
                        Just let it go RWO.

John Wall

Comment

Luxury picks usually = better value, and Oher was > than anybody else left on the board. Rey fell for a reason, we just don't know what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                            First you said horrible day 1. No one said you didn't like Oher we are just saying that taking Oher doesn't make this a "horrible day 1.

Then you say Kruger has no potential. That is your opinion and I will trust Ozzie's opinion over yours.

Saying Oher is a luxury pick then saying Maualuga would of been better is crazy because Rey is just as much as a luxury pick as Oher.
                            To me its horrible to waste 2 picks in one day which is what we did. There was absolutely no need to trade up to get Oher, he is easily there at 26. Maualuga is an immediate starter and an impact player who immediately becomes the face of your defense when Ray retires, not to mention there were OTs in rd 2 left that are on Oher's level, not any LBs left on Maualuga's level.
                            HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

there is no OTs on Oher level, if this draft wasn't so stocked at T Oher is a top 10 pick. A team like PITT,DET,NY just to name a few could have moved up from the last 1st early 2nd and got him before us at 26.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information