Very early depth chart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very early depth chart

Ok lets try to put a depth chart together for this upcoming season, obviously things will be different in the season but it will be cool to look back on.

QB-Flacco/Smith
    RB-McGahee/Rice/McClain
    FB-McClain
    TE-Heap/LJ/Quinn/Drew
    LT-Gaither/Terry/Oher
    LG-Grubbs/Chester
    C-Birk/Chester
    RG-Yanda/Chester/Cousins
    RT-Oher/Anderson/Terry
    WR-Mason/Clayton/Smith/Riley
    WR-Williams/Clayton/Smith/Riley

DE-Pryce/Bannan/Kruger
    DT-Gregg/McKinney
    DE-Ngata/Bannan/Kruger
    OLB-Johnson/McClain/Barnes
    ILB-Ray Lewis/Phillips/Ellerbe
    ILB-Gooden/Burgess/Ellerbe
    OLB-Suggs/McClain/Barnes
    CB-Washington/Rolle/Carr/Webb
    CB-Foxworth/Rolle/Carr/Webb
    Nickel-Rolle/Carr/Webb
    FS-Reed/Nakamura/Webb
    SS-Landry/Zbikowski/Nakamura

That's pretty accurate except IMO there is no reason why Yanda should be starting over Chris Chester who was pretty good last year at guard. Also I doubt Mark Clayton ends up playing in the slot. I still believe he and Dmase will be the only consistent WR's.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

true Chester did improve as the year went on. I think it will be the key position battle this off-season. I just put Yanda there because Yanda was over Chester before he got hurt.

Comment

Also interesting will be the KR and PR. I assume Carr will be the PR and Rice will be one of the KR's. Also I'm hoping Gano wins the kicking job.

Comment

yea I see figures being cut unless a miracle happens. It was odd he was pretty nice his rookie year but boy did he suck his sophmore year. Kelly Gregg could have returned kicks better then Figures

Comment

Figurs has world class speed but is afraid on the field, that's why he sucks as a returner. He stops his feet in anticipation of being hit and basically closes his eyes before he's even hit. You can tell especially against the Steelers he was shaking and hardly moving on the returns because he knew he was going to be lit up. He doesn't have the toughness to be an NFL returner. In college where everything is so spaced out he was great but not in the NFL. Jim Leonhard showed last year and a guy on the Skins who I love Rock Cartwright show that being a great Kick returner is about choosing a lane quick and hitting it hard. You don't have to be the fastest you just have to be aggressive or you will get flattened. Figurs is like this kid on my high school football team back in the day. He was an All district sprinter and would freak kick offs in practice but on game days he was so afraid that he basically shuffled his feet back deep until the kick team smothered him.

Comment

yes he will be nothing in the NFL. Also does anyone think David Hale has a shot at making the team? I think that may have been the biggest "WTF Ozzie" pick in history.

Comment

Not that this means anything, but in an interview on Sirius, Bart Scott said he thinks Prescott Burgess will be the starter if he can stay healthy. Of course, Ray also said in a later interview that he thinks Gooden will be the guy, so Ray probably knows better.

Originally posted by Jakey
                WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

well Ray always gotta watch out for his U boys. Also if Burgess can stay healthy is a big IF. I believe he has been injured a lot here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                    well Ray always gotta watch out for his U boys. Also if Burgess can stay healthy is a big IF. I believe he has been injured a lot here.
                    Absolutely. I think he's been injured both seasons so far hasn't he? My big thing with Burgess when he was at Michigan was he was always great in practice. Always looked like a beast. Then he'd get into games and just be an OK/solid guy.

Comment

I want Tavares to be the starter. Prescott is stronger and more stout against the run but Tavares is a better playmaker. He's quicker, better at reading plays, more fluid footwork. He's also a much compact and explosive hitter.

Comment

I think the key battle will be the CB one. I really want to asee how that shakes up, as well as the ILB battle. Gooden, Burgess, possibly Ayenbandejo? Phiiilps or Ellerbe? TC will be fun this year.

Comment

David Hale was such a wierd pick. He's got a great beard though. He and Oniel Cousins seem like they're stuck down on the depth chart. I think Yanda vs. Chester should be a great training camp battle. Obviously Yanda opened the year as the starter but he's coming back from an ACL tear. And I don't see Clayton losing his spot as the #2 wideout. I also doubt Ellerbe makes the team with the numbers we have at ILB.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                            I want Tavares to be the starter. Prescott is stronger and more stout against the run but Tavares is a better playmaker. He's quicker, better at reading plays, more fluid footwork. He's also a much compact and explosive hitter.
                            One thing about it, I'm sure the best player will play. It's not like one of them is a first round pick that might get more opportunity than the other guy.

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
                              David Hale was such a wierd pick. He's got a great beard though. He and Oniel Cousins seem like they're stuck down on the depth chart. I think Yanda vs. Chester should be a great training camp battle. Obviously Yanda opened the year as the starter but he's coming back from an ACL tear. And I don't see Clayton losing his spot as the #2 wideout. I also doubt Ellerbe makes the team with the numbers we have at ILB.
                              If we keep him we would have the same # of ILB's as we did last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information