Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ravens to Work Out WR Kelley Washington

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...ashington.aspx

I knew we would go after a low impact veteran WR the way we did with Terrance Copper last year. I absolutely loved Washington when he played at Tennessee, too bad he never lived up to the immense amount of potential he had. I guess it can't hurt to bring him aboard for depth purposes.

does anyone think this guy will make the team?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
      does anyone think this guy will make the team?
      If Terrance Copper made the team last year than anything is possible.

Comment

he made it because Dwill was put on IR. I think. I also pray Dwill wont be on IR again

Comment

He won't make the team, only reason they might bring him in is to keep the competive nature around. I doubt Harbaugh want's anyone coming in with the feeling that they have a "garunteed" job without working for it.

Comment

He is an absolute stud on special teams. He made a couple huge hits covering punts for us last year and even blocked a punt, he doesn't offer too much as a receiver but he has talent and is a hell of a special teamer. I was pretty pissed when I found out he was leaving NE.

Comment

yea Harbuagh loves players that can play special teams

Comment

He's worth a flyer. Honestly I was hoping the Bengals would take him. I was surprised he didn't work out better with the Patriots.

He does have the greatest TD celebration in the history of the world. He also points his leg downfield when he gets a first down. While most thought he was annoying, I thought he was brilliant. I look forward to seeing the 'squirrel' in the near future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMuvj...layer_embedded

Comment

Give that man a contract.

Comment

best TD dance

ever

Go Celtics
                    Go Irish
                    Go Ravens

Comment

I agree best dance ever. We never had a guy w/ good TD celebrations. But his celebration would have been funnier if CIN was down by like 30 in the 4th quarter of a pre-season game

Comment

Wikipedia says we signed him yesterday??

Go Celtics
                        Go Irish
                        Go Ravens

Comment

Originally posted by lordquas View Post
                          Wikipedia says we signed him yesterday??
                          I haven't read anything about that, from what I read he, along with Hackett, Porter, and Perry are getting a try out during mini-camp, and mini-camp hasn't even started for us yet.

Comment

yeah, they are all practicing with the team, maybe if one of em sticks out they'll get signed, who knows. It's good to see them bring in alot of competition.

Comment

Our Receiver Line-up is as followed..
                              1WR- Derrick Mason
                              2WR- Mark Clayton
                              3WR- Demetrius Williams
                              4WR- Justin Harper/Marcus Smith
                              5WR- Marcus Maxwell/ Eron Riley

I think we should really consider signing Jerry Porter. Why?

DJ Hackett- He's a solid receiver when healthy but isn't consistent at all. Could fit in nicely on our offense as a #4 option, but I'd rather go with Porter..

Jerry Porter- I like Jerry Porter and wished he stayed healthy during his career. Has got snubbed throughout the league but I'd like him in Baltimore. He's 30, but can be a real nice 3rd option when hes got his gameface on. (2 year deal)

Kelley Washington- Great dancer, and good on special teams. Not young and offers basically nothing as a receiver. Don't want him. Should go on Dancing With the Stars though..

Tab Perry- Just tore his Achilles, hasn't really proved anything. Don't want him.
                              Last edited by lordquas; 05-07-2009, 11:11 PM.

Go Celtics
                              Go Irish
                              Go Ravens

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information