X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derrick Mason Retires

Ravens | Mason announces retirement
    Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:11:38 -0700

JOCKlife.com reports Baltimore Ravens WR Derrick Mason has announced this retirement from professional football. "I have had a tremendous career and I played for two great teams, I had fun. In my career, I have been able to do everything but win a Super Bowl. I've had the opportunity to play on great teams and with great players. After 12 years, I have seen it all and done it all," Mason stated. "Right now, I am content with the decision I am making. All good things come to an end and I am ready to see what else life has to offer."

This sucks some D. Trade for Brandon Marshall...
    A Clayton, D-Will starting lineup is just plain ugly.

**** DERRICK MASON!!!! I hate his guts!!! He showed he was a selfish player when he bitched about Clayton gettin the ball more than he did a couple years ago. This is ******* ridiculous he bent us over and ****** us good!!! He should have retired right after the season so we could have taken Kenny Britt or Nicks in the draft!!! **** YOU DERRICK MASON!!!!
    HALL OF FAMER!
    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

That is a serious shock. He was freaking great last season...

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
      You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

That one hurts.

Comment

well now you lot just have to trade for marshall

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
          - Corner or Wideout in the first
          - No reaching
          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

What In The World???
            This Totally Came Out Of Nowhere?!?!?
            Qui23hrj392ohr23no2i3n
            23ruo32ro32hruo32

Wtf!!!??!

Go Ravens!

Comment

God please let D Will be healthy all year.......PLEASE!!!!!
              HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

First Willie Anderson, now Derrick Mason. What's up with all the late retirements?

Boldin and Marshall can probably both be had for the right price so it's not the end of the world. I'd imagine WR would be a big need next year anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                  First Willie Anderson, now Derrick Mason. What's up with all the late retirements?

Boldin and Marshall can probably both be had for the right price so it's not the end of the world. I'd imagine WR would be a big need next year anyway.
                  Willie Anderson retired right around the draft so that wasn't overly late or at least we knew he was gonna retire around the draft.
                  HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

well i want to know WTF is his problem acting pissed off about his contract situation asking for another one then retiring. Also 2 weeks before camp WTF Derrick. We can keep our fingers crossed and that it was out of emotion during the McNair saga then he comes back but I doubt that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                      well i want to know WTF is his problem acting pissed off about his contract situation asking for another one then retiring. Also 2 weeks before camp WTF Derrick. We can keep our fingers crossed and that it was out of emotion during the McNair saga then he comes back but I doubt that happens.
                      **** him, I dont care if he wants to come back I dont want to have a ****** quitter on the team. Quitters dont win superbowls and mason is a prime example of that!!!
                      HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                        **** him, I dont care if he wants to come back I dont want to have a ****** quitter on the team. Quitters dont win superbowls and mason is a prime example of that!!!
                        I honestly agree with you..but we're not gonna do **** w/ Clayton/D-will, let's be honest here, we're not a super bowl team this year unless we pull Matt Jones out of his massive coke stash and onto the field. EVEN THEN..I dunno, but I agree with you. 3 weeks before training camp? Are you effing kidding me???

I understand that he lost someone extremely close to him, and maybe it had some detrimental effects on him, but COME ON! It's just messed up to do this at the end of the offseason and not the beginning. Christ we would have traded way further up for Maclin if he had retired in March or something. I hope they're doing whatever it takes to get Mason's mind out of the gutter. Even then, this offense might slowly disintegrate if Mason's heart isn't in it anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post

Boldin has a new agent who is frivolously working out a deal with the Cards, who have a TON more cap room than we do. Marshall's way too expensive. We can't afford to pay these guys. It's Cocaine Jones or bust..or both simultaneously.

I'm literally sick to my stomach.

Comment

Marvin Harrison anyone? Granted he will be a 1 year quick fix but its something.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                              Marvin Harrison anyone? Granted he will be a 1 year quick fix but its something.
                              Absolutely not. You might as well keep Clayton/Williams in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information