New Draft Strategy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Draft Strategy

Now That We Pretty Much Have Willis McGahee (I Know It's Not Official)
    But I Mean I Am Positive It Will Happen
    Now We Have 4 or 5 Backs On Our Roster:
    Willis McGahee
    Mike Anderson
    Musa Smith
    PJ Daniels
    Cory Ross (Wouldn't Really Count Him)\

Doubt We Will Be Picking a RB Unless Someone Great Falls
    Also Not So Sure We Will Pick a DE/OLB In Early Rounds Because of JJ
    Assuming That Nobody Great Falls Into Our Laps
    What Do You Think Our Draft Should Look Like?
    (I Am Assuming That We Gave Up Our 2nd For Willis)

Round 1: Justin Blalock (OG,Texas) or Aaron Sears (OT, Tenn)
    Round 2: Willis McGahee (Great Pick)
    Round 3: Rory Johnson (OLB, Ole Miss)
    Round 4: Steve McNair (Great Pick)
    Round 5: Anthony Arline (CB, Baylor)
    Round 6: Dedrick Harrington (ILB, Misssouri)
    Round 7: Matt Trannon (WR, Michigan St.)
    Last edited by Yung Flippa; 03-08-2007, 12:19 AM.

Baltimore: 7-4

agree'd. Maybe Ben Grubbs in the 1st too.. the only thing i disagree with is taking Nate Harris. I'd rather have Desmond Bishop in the 3rd and Jacob Ford ( a possible steal) in the 5th. Corner, to me, isn't much of a need and If the front office thinks so, I'd be more comfortable picking up a free agent.

Comment

I really dislike Blalock and I dont think OG is the position to adress on the line I think RT is.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
        I really dislike Blalock and I dont think OG is the position to adress on the line I think RT is.
        agreed RT tackle is more important especiall if ogden retires

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
          agreed RT tackle is more important especiall if ogden retires
          At Gaurd we have Vincent, Chester, Brown, Rimph all capable of playing there. MIke Flynn sucks but we can use him at C for one more year if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post

Depending on what Ogden does I say if he leaves go RT hopefully Joe Staley but if he stays Im startin to climb onto the Ryan Kalil bandwagon, especially with how much Mike Flynn sucks donkey ass.
            HALL OF FAMER!
            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Tackle is more of a need. I like Adam Terry but we need a future replacement. Joe Staley? Levi Jones? i would like either of em. I love Blalock but guard is a postion with alot of depth so its not really a first round need.

Give Kyle Boller 1 Last Chance
              #1 supporter of Demetrius Williams!
              I used to be MaddenPlayer52

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                Depending on what Ogden does I say if he leaves go RT hopefully Joe Staley but if he stays Im startin to climb onto the Ryan Kalil bandwagon, especially with how much Mike Flynn sucks donkey ass.
                The thought of an interior line of LG Jason Brown C Ryan Kalil RG Chris Chester, makes me drool. Throw in Terry and a RT that could be an elite OL in a couple years. I really think JO will be back next year.

Comment

I dont think we'll take a center unless its for depth cause i'm pretty sure we are planning to put Chris Chester at center and Jason Brown at guard. IMO i wouldn't like that. I would prefer us taking a center in the 3rd round and a tackle in the first. I doubt we get Kali in the 3rd round but maybe Doug Datish who i really like. In the firs we could take Joe Staley.
                  OT - Joe Staley
                  OG- Chris Chester
                  C- Doug Datish
                  OG- Jason Brown
                  OT - Adam Terry

thoughts??? BTW does anyone wanna take Ryan Kali in the first??

Give Kyle Boller 1 Last Chance
                  #1 supporter of Demetrius Williams!
                  I used to be MaddenPlayer52

Comment

RT is the position that needs to be filled. Adam Terry is a great kid, though. I would suggest this:

1. Jarvis Moss, OLB
                    2. McGahee
                    3. (Guards and Tackles usually fall in drafts like these; take your pick)
                    4. McNair
                    5. (Pick)
                    6. (Pick)
                    7. Isaiah Stanback, QB
                    Reached 1,000 posts 4/29/07, lost it because of the deletion of the forum mock.
                    Also Also: Reached 1,000 posts again 12/31/07

Comment

Originally posted by Yung Flippa View Post
                      Now That We Pretty Much Have Willis McGahee (I Know It's Not Official)
                      But I Mean I Am Positive It Will Happen
                      Now We Have 4 or 5 Backs On Our Roster:
                      Willis McGahee
                      Mike Anderson
                      Musa Smith
                      PJ Daniels
                      Cory Ross (Wouldn't Really Count Him)\

Doubt We Will Be Picking a RB Unless Someone Great Falls
                      Also Not So Sure We Will Pick a DE/OLB In Early Rounds Because of JJ
                      Assuming That Nobody Great Falls Into Our Laps
                      What Do You Think Our Draft Should Look Like?
                      (I Am Assuming That We Gave Up Our 2nd For Willis)

Round 1: Justin Blalock (OG,Texas) or Aaron Sears (OT, Tenn)
                      Round 2: Willis McGahee (Great Pick)
                      Round 3: Rory Johnson (OLB, Ole Miss)
                      Round 4: Steve McNair (Great Pick)
                      Round 5: Anthony Arline (CB, Baylor)
                      Round 6: Dedrick Harrington (ILB, Misssouri)
                      Round 7: Matt Trannon (WR, Michigan St.)
                      Well now since we know that we still have our 1st and 2nd... I think we go after OLB / DE in the first and OG/OT in the 2nd I agree with Dedrick Harrington.. I think we need to start rebuilding the depth on the Defensive side of the ball depth is the one thing we have a lot of on Offense other then the line... we have 2 good QB's 4 or 5 RB's 3 or 4 maybe 5 depending on Devard Darling and how he plays and 2 good TE's and Quinn Sypniewski we need to get deeper on the other side of the ball. Particularly on the DL with Dwan Edwards being our only real back up. So I would expect us to still pick up a Vet on the DL and draft a rookie. Can't wear out Gregg and Pryce and Ngata on every down...

Comment

Offensive line definitely needs to be addressed in the draft and I'm not opposed to Arron Sears, Joe Staley, Ryan Kalil, Ben Grubbs, or even Dan Mozes later. I don't see a need for all the hatred for Mike Flynn especially with the great year the Line had but he is no spring chicken and a top back-up is needed. Lets just hope we don't trade away anymore picks so we can get some young talent from this deep draft.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Fellas, I hate to break it to you, but we would not sign JJ to a six year deal, with Cody, who we invested a 2nd in just 2 seasons ago, already on the roster, if we planned to take an OLB in the first rd. Whoever we got at 29 would not even see the field this season, much less be the starter. It takes time to transition from DE to OLB, almost always 2 years. Moss is just not gonna happen.

Comment

Well maybe not Moss but I still think we are going to address Defensive depth we are not in need of any starters right now. The OL is set but we need depth. You are correct we are not going to bring in a starter on defense this season unless somethin earth shattering happens in the draft and someone falls completely unexpectedly falls to us that can come and in compete. Though we need to address DL depth and OT depth.

Comment

I read somewhere we thought our OL was set and we wouldnt be addressing it. If we dont address OL and we dont need a RB we could possibly just go BPA and get whoever the best player availble is.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information