No announcement yet.

my realistic ravens big board based on need

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys who I like that I see as realistic options right now (regardless of round):

Brandon Lafell, WR, LSU
    Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota
    Brandon Lang, DE/LB, Troy
    Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas
    Corey Wooton, DE, Northwestern
    Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State
    Myron Lewis, CB, Vanderbilt
    Danario Alexander, WR, Missouri

Comment

It is true that this team needs a wide receiver but watching this year, I would say our biggest hole is in the secondary. By far. The only receiver Im interested in out of the first round is Dez Bryant. Outside of Carr (obviously) Dawan Landry has been the weakest player in our secondary. In my opinion, this teams needs go as follow:

Secondary
      Pass Rush
      Wide Receiver
      Rays eventual Replacement

Positions of Strength?

Offensive Line
      Quarterback
      Running back
      DT

Seeing as I dont know how well this team is going to finish with our tough schedule, Im not leaving any prospect out.

1. Eric Berry
      2. Dez Bryant
      3. Taylor Mays
      4. Carlos Dunlap
      5. Joe Haden

Another top 3 round pick should be used on a corner. They need to replace Walker, Carr and Landry in the secondary. Both preferrably for physical corners to make up for Foxworth and Washington (I would be suprised if either gets moved off the team). I would hope they draft one and find another through free agency. Im hoping that second pick (along with another pick) can be used to make a trade for a good proven WR.

Comment

Add Kicker to that needs list. Just watched Haushka blow the vikings game from 45 yards INDOORS.

Comment

CORNERBACK!

That is all.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hound View Post
            Add Kicker to that needs list. Just watched Haushka blow the vikings game from 45 yards INDOORS.
            Well kicker isn't usually a drafting need. Stover would have made that sh*t. It might have just cleared by 1 foot but he would have made it. That Purdue kicker though I saw yesterday has a legit NFL leg but I don't know what year he's in.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Fair enough, that post was just my disgusted reaction to what I just witnessed in the game.

Comment

yeah, cornerback is a definite weak spot, its sucks that this years draft is pretty weak in the defensive backfield.

Comment

The way were playing, Taylor Mays isnt that unrealistic.

Has Carlos Rogers extended with the Redskins yet?

He took a shot at Dan Snyder this week for being a bad owner. Could be a good potential free agent signing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hound View Post
                    The way were playing, Taylor Mays isnt that unrealistic.

Has Carlos Rogers extended with the Redskins yet?

He took a shot at Dan Snyder this week for being a bad owner. Could be a good potential free agent signing.
                    We're not getting a top 10 pick, no way. Top 20 maybe, but not that high. There's too many horrible teams. It's not like we're getting blown out by our opponents either, and one play in any of our losses could have us at higher than .500.

Comment

Im not saying we are guaranteed a high pick, I still think we are going to make the playoffs. This bye week, Im hoping the team works out there problems and goes on a great run in the second half.

All I am saying is that its not guaranteed that we don't pick in the top 15 (where Mays is at in many experts opinions, although I think he will go higher.)

Comment

I say 7 picks on defensive this year IDC all 7.

Comment

I am pretty sure we were 3-3 last year as well and we went 11-5....Just saying that we need to chill out. The panic button should not be hit yet. Yes we have a lot we need to work on this bye week and hopefully we can get some kind of trade in before the deadline(I doubt it). We can get it done on offense. I mean Flacco/Rice/Mason all showed that. I would love to make a deal for a physical CB or maybe we can say we are sorry a million times to C-mac and talk him into coming back.
                          Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                          Just let it go RWO.
                          We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

The Titans are 0-6, maybe there shopping Cortland Finnegan, he'd be an awesome pickup, but I doubt they're gonna trade there best corner.

Comment

I think no matter what WR has to be our #1 need.

Mason, Clayton, Williams, Washington, Tyree are all URFA's after this season. And personally I would give Washington a new one year deal. Of course you know I would give D Will a new deal but since Cam and Harbaugh apparently hate him he's gone. Mason will probably retire, and I wouln't give Clayton a deal unless he is willing to take #3 WR money. And Tyree wont be back, so basically if you dont re-sign the guys who dont retire you go into next year with Justin Harper and Eron Riley as your top 2 WRs. And even if you bring back Washington thats still an ugly looking group of WRs.
                              HALL OF FAMER!
                              PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                              JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                                I think no matter what WR has to be our #1 need.

Mason, Clayton, Williams, Washington, Tyree are all URFA's after this season. And personally I would give Washington a new one year deal. Of course you know I would give D Will a new deal but since Cam and Harbaugh apparently hate him he's gone. Mason will probably retire, and I wouln't give Clayton a deal unless he is willing to take #3 WR money. And Tyree wont be back, so basically if you dont re-sign the guys who dont retire you go into next year with Justin Harper and Eron Riley as your top 2 WRs. And even if you bring back Washington thats still an ugly looking group of WRs.
                                I think even if we resign 2 of those, and one of the jucier FA's from opposing teams, Flacco has shown enough this season to illustrate he doesnt need a top flight WR to score points. What we do need is a ******* secondary which can cover someone. The pass D has been atrocious, and I still think CB should be our top priority.
                                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                                The APS is strong in this one.
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information