my realistic ravens big board based on need

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    I think even if we resign 2 of those, and one of the jucier FA's from opposing teams, Flacco has shown enough this season to illustrate he doesnt need a top flight WR to score points. What we do need is a ******* secondary which can cover someone. The pass D has been atrocious, and I still think CB should be our top priority.
    Flacco has done really well with this extremely average core of receivers. Kelly Washington should be back. And hopefully they can convince Dmase to stay one more year. But if not, I still think the defense needs some attention. I'm a big Perrish Cox fan, and I think he'd be awesome for us in the middle of the first. And then hopefully Nakamura or Zbikowski can take over for Landry, who apparently can't run anymore.

Comment

yes I would love to give Zbikowski a shot back there, all this play like a Ravens crap about intensity and all jinxed us. Zbikowski is a physical prescence we need back there. Landry was a great in the box physical player but it looks like after that injury he isnt the same, we need Zbikowski to get a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
        yes I would love to give Zbikowski a shot back there, all this play like a Ravens crap about intensity and all jinxed us. Zbikowski is a physical prescence we need back there. Landry was a great in the box physical player but it looks like after that injury he isnt the same, we need Zbikowski to get a shot.
        Id actually rather see Nakamura get a starting shot back there next to Reed then Zbikowski. I was a huge Zbi supporter in the draft and was thrilled when we got him, but Nakamura has shown some nice coverage ability and right now, tahts what we need more then anything.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Id actually rather see Nakamura get a starting shot back there next to Reed then Zbikowski. I was a huge Zbi supporter in the draft and was thrilled when we got him, but Nakamura has shown some nice coverage ability and right now, tahts what we need more then anything.
          He would probably get the first shot at it too. He seems to get more PT on defense right now than Zbikowski.

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
            Flacco has done really well with this extremely average core of receivers. Kelly Washington should be back. And hopefully they can convince Dmase to stay one more year. But if not, I still think the defense needs some attention. I'm a big Perrish Cox fan, and I think he'd be awesome for us in the middle of the first. And then hopefully Nakamura or Zbikowski can take over for Landry, who apparently can't run anymore.
            Tom Brady always showed he could play well with **** awful WRs also, but when they got him a true #1 he set records. Regardless of Joe's performance with his crop of WRs he needs a #1.
            HALL OF FAMER!
            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
              Tom Brady always showed he could play well with **** awful WRs also, but when they got him a true #1 he set records. Regardless of Joe's performance with his crop of WRs he needs a #1.
              Not at the cost of our defense giving up 30 points a game he doesnt. Pick your poison, either we score 30 points a game with mediocre receivers and a strong running game but give up 35 with no pass D, or get some damn pass defense and hope Flacco can make those bad receivers better.
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Not at the cost of our defense giving up 30 points a game he doesnt. Pick your poison, either we score 30 points a game with mediocre receivers and a strong running game but give up 35 with no pass D, or get some damn pass defense and hope Flacco can make those bad receivers better.
                You don't have to pick on or the other, Im not saying what we should do Im saying what our biggest need is and its WR. The secondary would be alright if we didnt give QBs all the time in the world to stand in the pocket. Do we need a bigger CB to match up against the Vincent Jackson's and Brandon Marshall's of the world?....yes, but we need a true #1 target for Flacco more than anything else. And I realize this is a big board thing but Im not saying this has to happen in the draft, in fact Id like all the problems to be fixed by free agency and then draft a BPA like Gresham.
                HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

I would much rather Nakamura in there, he can be something really good imo

But obviously CB and WR are huge needs but when going into the draft WRs recently have been dropping, so thats a plus.

just wanna look at some of the senior prospects
                  at WR there is:
                  Brandon Lafell - Great talent would give the size, red zone threat, and toughness we need at WR. IMO slightly overrated at this point and will be a mid 2nd round pick
                  Mardy Gilyard - I am in love with this kid, he is deadly quick out of his cuts, can jump, has great production and is really underrated. Reminds me alot of Ochocinco. Great mid to late 2nd rounder
                  Eric Decker - Great Hands, toughness and is the definition of team player. Not much to dislike just not as athletically gifted. Late 2nd

At CB
                  Perrish Cox - He has size, is physical with recievers, loves to tackle and is an athlete. Will be an amazing NFL corner and imo the best senior. Come draft time late 1st early 2nd.
                  Patrick Robinson - Great ball skills and is a playmaker, aggressive and lays the lumber. Has a great program pedigree. late 1st early 2nd.

depending on where we draft we can get a wide variety. My dream is we get into playoffs win SB have 32nd pick get perrish cox and get Gilyard in 2nd, however slim chances.

but who are the top juniors?? or possible players who may declare
                  Patrick Robinson -

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist

Comment

I never thought Brady was that great of a quarterback in those times. He had a comparable core and didn't put up huge numbers and threw a lot of picks. I think Flacco is doing better than Brady did at this point in his career. I guess that's not relevant, but I don't know if we can get a Randy Moss and a Wes Welker in the same offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedoobie View Post
                      I would much rather Nakamura in there, he can be something really good imo

But obviously CB and WR are huge needs but when going into the draft WRs recently have been dropping, so thats a plus.

just wanna look at some of the senior prospects
                      at WR there is:
                      Brandon Lafell - Great talent would give the size, red zone threat, and toughness we need at WR. IMO slightly overrated at this point and will be a mid 2nd round pick
                      Mardy Gilyard - I am in love with this kid, he is deadly quick out of his cuts, can jump, has great production and is really underrated. Reminds me alot of Ochocinco. Great mid to late 2nd rounder
                      Eric Decker - Great Hands, toughness and is the definition of team player. Not much to dislike just not as athletically gifted. Late 2nd

At CB
                      Perrish Cox - He has size, is physical with recievers, loves to tackle and is an athlete. Will be an amazing NFL corner and imo the best senior. Come draft time late 1st early 2nd.
                      Patrick Robinson - Great ball skills and is a playmaker, aggressive and lays the lumber. Has a great program pedigree. late 1st early 2nd.

depending on where we draft we can get a wide variety. My dream is we get into playoffs win SB have 32nd pick get perrish cox and get Gilyard in 2nd, however slim chances.

but who are the top juniors?? or possible players who may declare
                      Patrick Robinson -
                      Donovan Warren?

Comment

I never thought Brady was that great of a quarterback in those times. He had a comparable core and didn't put up huge numbers and threw a lot of picks. I think Flacco is doing better than Brady did at this point in his career. I guess that's not relevant, but I don't know if we can get a Randy Moss and a Wes Welker in the same offseason.
                        We just need the Randy Moss!
                        HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

We just need the Randy Moss!
                          Good idea. Let's just trade a 4th for him like the Patriots did. I wish we had been that lucky.

Comment

And good news...Edward Lee, of The Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens CB Lardarius Webb might see more defensive snaps. Head coach John Harbaugh said, "I think Lardarius Webb continues to earn more playing time based on the way he's playing. We gave him more defensive snaps, and he played well on those snaps. When you play well -- no matter who you are -- your role expands."

Comment

thank god I have been a fan of him, I am glad Ellerbe and Webb are showing promise, making me look smart I told all my Ravens fans friends to watch out for these 2 now I am looking smarter. I need Eron RIley to do work and my friends will think I am a genius

Comment

Good idea. Let's just trade a 4th for him like the Patriots did. I wish we had been that lucky.
                                It could have been us.
                                HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information