my realistic ravens big board based on need

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

r.i. dowling is too slow for our defense...he's a cover 2 corner only

updated draft board...berry and mays will be long gone.

1) d. bryant
    2) a. benn
    3) j. gresham
    4) j. haden
    5) p. cox
    6) d. thomas
    7) d. williams
    8) p. robinson
    9) b. ghee...c.b. wake forest
    10) b. lafell

i think we should target ghee in the second round unless we go corner in the first then i think we target d. thomas, d. williams, b. lafell or d. briscoe in the second...in my new mock i have us picking 16th...we get dez round 1, p. cox round 2 and o.g. sergio render round 3...i think the return of gaither and another grinder at o.g. next to oher would solidify our line as the best in football.

Comment

If Mattison is the DC I could see him push for either of the FL CBs or Spikes, he did recruit them. I see us either going TE or BPA on D.

Comment

I don't know, this could very well be the year we actually go WR in round one. All five of the receivers on the active roster are on 1 year deals/in the last year of their deal. BPA is always the way to go, but when you literally have no wide-outs I don't think you can ignore it. I expect at least Washington to be back, but IDK about the others.

Comment

You never know. There will be free agents and we will probably go 2nd or 3rd round WR
          Originally posted by SunTzu_22
          Just let it go RWO.
          We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Still for Flacco's development if Mason retires at least 2 or 3 real veteran receivers must be brought in. You can't rely on even a first round rookie WR to start or even necessarily produce consistently in his first year. The Ravens need to grab someone like Antonio Bryant or Kevin Walter.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
              Still for Flacco's development if Mason retires at least 2 or 3 real veteran receivers must be brought in. You can't rely on even a first round rookie WR to start or even necessarily produce consistently in his first year. The Ravens need to grab someone like Antonio Bryant or Kevin Walter.
              I realize that, I'm just saying it's looking like WR will be our thinnest spot going into the offseason. If we were to rely on mostly rookie receivers our passing game would be terrible. Personally I would prefer a guy like Perrish Cox in the first, maybe a TE depending on who's there/where we pick. I don't see us going OLB/DE too early this year, but it's really early.

Comment

Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
                I don't know, this could very well be the year we actually go WR in round one. All five of the receivers on the active roster are on 1 year deals/in the last year of their deal. BPA is always the way to go, but when you literally have no wide-outs I don't think you can ignore it. I expect at least Washington to be back, but IDK about the others.
                i think w.r. and c.b. are dead even as far as needs go...if bryant or benn are available then yea w.r. should be a first round pick but if they're not then i would take haden or cox before reaching on a w.r. that could very well be there round 2 in this ultra deep (at all positions) draft.

Comment

The real Ravens big board at the moment would go as followed.

Need #1: Cornerback:
                  Webb should be a starter next year because Carr, Foxworth, and Washington haven't been solid this season. They're inconsistent and get burned quite often. The most impressive cornerback prospects this far go as followed.
                  - Robert Johnson, 6'2 200, Utah
                  - Myron Lewis, 6'2 205, Vanderbilt
                  - Brian Jackson, 6'1 200, Oklahoma
                  - Jerome Murphy, 6'1 185, USF
                  We need a big solid corner who won't get pussies around by bigger receivers. This should be our #1 draft need if we don't target a corner in the off season. There's some big name free agents out there.
                  - Corey Webster, Giants.
                  - Cedric Griffin, Vikings.
                  - Terrence Newman, Cowboys

Need #2: Wide Receiver:
                  Yeah, Clayton's playing well. He did drop that pass though. Mason is still the best wide out on our team, but he's getting ready to retire. Kelly Washington is playing really well, but Demetrius just can't seem to get it together. We need a sure handed, route running, wide out, that can help our short game.
                  -Eric Decker, Minnesota
                  - Jordan Shipley, Texas

the only free agents that come to mind are.
                  - Vincent Jackson, Chargers.
                  - Antonio Bryant, Bucs.

Go Celtics
                  Go Irish
                  Go Ravens

Comment

Originally posted by lordquas View Post
                    The real Ravens big board at the moment would go as followed.

Need #1: Cornerback:
                    Webb should be a starter next year because Carr, Foxworth, and Washington haven't been solid this season. They're inconsistent and get burned quite often. The most impressive cornerback prospects this far go as followed.
                    - Robert Johnson, 6'2 200, Utah
                    - Myron Lewis, 6'2 205, Vanderbilt
                    - Brian Jackson, 6'1 200, Oklahoma
                    - Jerome Murphy, 6'1 185, USF
                    We need a big solid corner who won't get pussies around by bigger receivers. This should be our #1 draft need if we don't target a corner in the off season. There's some big name free agents out there.
                    - Corey Webster, Giants.
                    - Cedric Griffin, Vikings.
                    - Terrence Newman, Cowboys

Need #2: Wide Receiver:
                    Yeah, Clayton's playing well. He did drop that pass though. Mason is still the best wide out on our team, but he's getting ready to retire. Kelly Washington is playing really well, but Demetrius just can't seem to get it together. We need a sure handed, route running, wide out, that can help our short game.
                    -Eric Decker, Minnesota
                    - Jordan Shipley, Texas

the only free agents that come to mind are.
                    - Vincent Jackson, Chargers.
                    - Antonio Bryant, Bucs.
                    If they don't re-sign him, then the discussion begins and ends with him! We throw whatever we have to throw at him to get him here!
                    HALL OF FAMER!
                    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                      If they don't re-sign him, then the discussion begins and ends with him! We throw whatever we have to throw at him to get him here!
                      Yes, yes indeed. I really don't think they will let him go, but Jackson would be the perfect fit at WR for what we need. Perfect. I'd imagine the Ravens would be an attractive option for a FA WR too.

Comment

Id kill to have Corey Webster on the Ravens. He is a top 5 CB in the NFL IMO.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

well it also depends on if we get a CBA, the rule is if you are in the NFL for less then 6 years you are a RFA. But if VIncent Jackson does hit the FA market if we dont give him a blank check I may very well be on the hate ozzie bandwagon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                            well it also depends on if we get a CBA, the rule is if you are in the NFL for less then 6 years you are a RFA. But if VIncent Jackson does hit the FA market if we dont give him a blank check I may very well be on the hate ozzie bandwagon.
                            If he does hit the FA market, there will most likely be a new CBA and salary cap so we might not have enough $$$ to give him a blank check. If McGahee is cut we might be able to find enough room, but I don't know. He would probably get something like what Roddy White got this offseason/early preseason.

Comment

If we cut Wilis don't we still have to pay him? If so we should try to trade him. I don't care for what either.
                              Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                              Just let it go RWO.
                              We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

i think there is a clause in his contract where we can let him loose w/o paying a ton of $. I am not 100% sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information