Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my realistic ravens big board based on need

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • my realistic ravens big board based on need

    1) D. Bryant...stud w.r. with exceptional jumpball skills would suit flaccos cannon to perfection and would also become his career #1 reciever.

    2) A. Benn...another #1 reciever type

    3) J. Gresham...if we cant land one of the top 2 recievers than i like gresham...extremely balanced tightend could slip to us and be a steal at the end of the first round...great reciever/outstanding blocker...fits scheme to perfection.

    4) P. Robinson...physical c.b. with good size...we need a true #1 corner esp. one that can matchup on bigger recievers that will give us fitys all year.

    5) J. Haden...very similiar to robinson

    6) D. Thomas...big reciever with great hands and size could be a sleeper...tremendous run blocker as well.

    7) B. Lafell...has the potential to be a #1 reciver.

    dez is the only one that "probably" wont be there....i would also love to land o.g. sergio render in round 2...mauling run blocker would solidify our already great o.l.

  • #2
    I would love Bryant but unless we trade up there is a snow balls shot in hell we get him. I know Crabtree may be at our pick but I dont want him at all

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
      I would love Bryant but unless we trade up there is a snow balls shot in hell we get him. I know Crabtree may be at our pick but I dont want him at all
      i'd take crabs in a heartbeat, maybe even over dez....ray wouldnt let him get away with any shanagins here.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by roscoesdad27 View Post
        i'd take crabs in a heartbeat, maybe even over dez....ray wouldnt let him get away with any shanagins here.
        I'd personally have Crabs as my #3 WR. He's stronger than Bryant but Bryant is a superior big play threat. Bryant is faster, has better hands, and biggest difference has insane ball tracking skills and body control. Crabtree will be more of a possession receiver while Bryant is a dynamic big play threat receiver. My personal favorite WR is Benn and he's more comparable to Crabtree. Benn however is stronger and better with the run after the catch than Crabtree although Crabtree has better hands and ball skills. If he declares Damaryius Thomas would definitely be a great fit for Baltimore. He's the best blocking WR in college football and has serious ball skills and hands. His lack of top end speed though projects him more as a #2 type but I see a lot of TO in him and I'm talking about performance on the field. Personally though I feel the most realistic guys who will land in Baltimore are Lafell and Gilyard. Lafell is probably the best fit. He's a big and strong receiver. Gilyard personally though is my favorite of the two. He won't be an impact blocker but he is probably the smoothest receiver in the draft. He reminds me of Reggie Wayne although I'm sure many will disagree to that.

        Sig By:The Dynasty

        2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
          I'd personally have Crabs as my #3 WR. He's stronger than Bryant but Bryant is a superior big play threat. Bryant is faster, has better hands, and biggest difference has insane ball tracking skills and body control. Crabtree will be more of a possession receiver while Bryant is a dynamic big play threat receiver. My personal favorite WR is Benn and he's more comparable to Crabtree. Benn however is stronger and better with the run after the catch than Crabtree although Crabtree has better hands and ball skills. If he declares Damaryius Thomas would definitely be a great fit for Baltimore. He's the best blocking WR in college football and has serious ball skills and hands. His lack of top end speed though projects him more as a #2 type but I see a lot of TO in him and I'm talking about performance on the field. Personally though I feel the most realistic guys who will land in Baltimore are Lafell and Gilyard. Lafell is probably the best fit. He's a big and strong receiver. Gilyard personally though is my favorite of the two. He won't be an impact blocker but he is probably the smoothest receiver in the draft. He reminds me of Reggie Wayne although I'm sure many will disagree to that.
          1) IF bryants hands are better than crabs its not by much.

          2) benn isnt better after the catch than crabs, benn is very, very good...crabs is great even tho he isnt quite as fast...reminds me of jerry rice here.

          3) i love d. thomas as well but gilyard is wayyy overrated...too small and not very fast...great college w.r. tho....but i would take a potential #1 c.b.'s patrick robinson or joe haden over thomas, lafell or gilyard.

          Comment


          • #6
            Robinson likely won't be in draft range. Perrish Cox is the only other CB I would think about taking round 1. He can handle the bigger receivers, has catchup speed, and could also step in and become the punt returner although I guess Webb is the PR of the future.

            Sig By:The Dynasty

            2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
              Robinson likely won't be in draft range. Perrish Cox is the only other CB I would think about taking round 1. He can handle the bigger receivers, has catchup speed, and could also step in and become the punt returner although I guess Webb is the PR of the future.
              cox is great...could possibly move ahead of robinson as the #1 corner...i overlooked him....good call...i would say eric brry as he is the top c.b. prospect as well as safety prospect to me...he could be a modern day mel blount as a c.b. or a hybrid ed reed/troy polumolu type safety.

              1) dez
              2) benn
              3) gresham
              4) robinson
              5) cox
              6) haden
              7) thomas
              8) lafell

              i wouldnt be too upset with any of these 8 guys in the first.
              Last edited by roscoesdad27; 10-02-2009, 10:52 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hey, doing a forum mock draft and looking for some input. I got Bryant in round 1, so do you guys feel that CB is the biggest need after that?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah CB is definitely #2. #3 would probably be TE. Following that would be C or G, and then maybe a MLB or 34 DE to replace Pryce.

                  Sig By:The Dynasty

                  2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Alright cool thanks. There are still plenty of good corners left. We're through round 1 and Haden has been the only CB selected so I should be able to get a good one.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I hate to rain slash take a turd on everybody's party, but I wouldn't just assume we're picking in the 25-32 range just yet. We're 3-1 and the next 2 games are very loseable and we still have to play the Colts once and Steelers twice, Bengals again after Sunday, and Denver who is 4-0 right now. If you look at our schedule we could just as easily be 7-9 as we could be 10-6 or higher. So after the half way point we cant start talking about draft range and all that, but for now I would just assume everyone is gonna be there when we draft.
                      HALL OF FAMER!
                      PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                      JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

                      Xbox Live - Kevown8999

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Alright I just made my last pick. I didn't get all of the needs filled because the values were too good in round 3 and 4 to pass on so I think you guys will still like who I got.

                        28. Dez Bryant, WR, OK State
                        60. Ras-I Dowling, CB, UVA
                        92. Ricky Sapp, DE/OLB, Clemson
                        124. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                          Alright I just made my last pick. I didn't get all of the needs filled because the values were too good in round 3 and 4 to pass on so I think you guys will still like who I got.

                          28. Dez Bryant, WR, OK State
                          60. Ras-I Dowling, CB, UVA
                          92. Ricky Sapp, DE/OLB, Clemson
                          124. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
                          Lol what a dream draft that would be. Demaryius in the fourth, I like him better than Dez, lol. Oh and Dowling is the perfect CB for the Ravens. Big, physical, but holds his own in coverage. Oh and Ricky Sapp is working his way into the late first-mid 2nd range. Love the ACC flavor although this draft would never happen as 3 of them are first round picks, and IMO Ras-I would be a first round lock as well if he didn't play on such a piss poor team.

                          Sig By:The Dynasty

                          2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Ya I was quite surprised at how awesome my Ravens draft turned out and my first thought was this draft will never happen as well haha.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I would cry if that was our draft. Tears of joy that is. Two deep-threats and one who is a good blocker, along with a big corner and a great value pass-rusher. I'd be happy if we only got one of those guys really.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information