No announcement yet.

Maryland Terps Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think we absolutely have the talent to make at least a sweet 16 run and are peaking at the right time. when this team is on we can play with just about anyone in the country. its good that weve won a few game son the road here towards the end of the season because that was always my worry. when youve got a guy like vasquez on your team you cant count out anything.

Comment

Against a guard heavy team I think Maryland can beat just about any team in the nation. They will run into trouble in the tourny when they face a team with length and front court depth. If Jordan Williams picks up fouls Maryland is in big trouble as guys like Greggory, Milbourne, and Mosely are so under sized. I think an even lesser team and a possible early maybe 2nd round matchup like ODU could bounce Maryland. Even though Gtown has Monroe and Vaughn, they were able to beat Gtown at verizon as they exposed Gtowns lack of big man depth, and Maryland's is even worse. With that said Maryland can beat almost every guard oriented team in the top 25. Just like last year Cal was the better team, the top 25 team, but Maryland handled their guard play. I think Maryland can beat top 20 teams like Butler. It will definitely be interesting though to see how far they go.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Terps looked good last night. This team showed some serious fight and gave another very strong defensive performance. Garys squad is young, less skilled than duke, and clearly still developing but I was still impressed with the performance and I gotta admit the future is looking bright. Stoglin was awful offensively last night but I love his attitude and confidence and think he is going to be a player as he continues to develop. Both he and Howard are already very good defensive players and look like they have the confidence to get better on offense. I think Mosleys biggest issue at MD in development was a lack of confidence. He's also good on the defensive side but we cant count on him being more than a 3rd or 4th scorer on this team.

I don't think enough can be said about Jordan Williams. There is a very very good chance that if he stays all four years that he will make a serious run at being my favorite Terp of all time. Watching him last night was special. Yes he needs to still get better from the free throw line, and yes he missed the rotation on the 2 on 3 break that led to the dook 3 pointer late in the game that basically iced things but i was in absolute awe last night watching this kid work under the basket ripping boards, making acrobatic shots, being physical. He keeps improving every game and if that continues he is going to end up one of the all time greats. I hope Faust comes in as good as advertised next year because his 3 point range is going to really help this team take the next step.

Comment

So I think we looked amazing against 'Nova we just need to hit our free throws and kep a bit more experience. This year we will be the young team NO team wants to play but next year if we get Jordan Williams back we will be a TOP 10 if not TOP 5 team in the country. Next year we need another big man but if we can keep Jordan Williams around till his senior year.. maybe we can couple him with this guy

http://terrapinstationmd.com/2011/01...quille-cleare/

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information