Week 17 : Baltimore Ravens @ Oakland Raiders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
    yea I agree not just yet, we arent bad just a solid average team. Give him more time even if we lose to OAK.
    Hell, Tomlin lost to Cleveland, Kansas City, and Oakland this year and the Rooneys will probably give Tomlin an extention.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
      Hell, Tomlin lost to Cleveland, Kansas City, and Oakland this year and the Rooneys will probably give Tomlin an extention.
      It's not who we've lost to, it's his in-game management that worries me. That aspect of his coaching game seems to have regressed from last year. I really like the guy, but we've just got to be sure. It's probably a very minuscule chance that anything happens anyways, at least with the head coach. I could see some coordinator and position coach changes though.

Comment

If we had beat the Browns last week,I'd say we get our doors blown off,but who knows. Maybe Dr. Jekyll shows up instead of Hyde.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
        like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

why is it that when Ed Reed returns, our secondary looks bad again? Never thought I'd ever say that but I'm just wondering what you guys think about that.

I thought we looked pretty bad out there but at least we made the playoffs. That's a great accomplishment.

Also, are we guaranteed to play the Pats? is there any scenario that we can end up playing the Bengals instead?

Comment

I wondered the same thing. I wonder if Reed free lancing is hurting the team more then it helps. But I honestly dont know how the secondary plays has a lot to deal with the play call and the game tape us fans cant see.

also we knocked out PITT and got in, ya cant complain.

Comment

Congrats on the playoff birth. **** you guys for knocking out Frye. I think the Raiders could've won if Frye didn't get hurt. Oh well, see you next season.

Comment

yea Frye impressed me. He will probably be starting opening day next year

Comment

yea Frye impressed me. He will probably be starting opening day next year
                  Naw, I like Gradkowski for the job. I was so mad when JaMarcus took over. I knew that the Raiders lost when he stepped on that field.

Comment

I wondered the same thing. I wonder if Reed free lancing is hurting the team more then it helps. But I honestly dont know how the secondary plays has a lot to deal with the play call and the game tape us fans cant see.

also we knocked out PITT and got in, ya cant complain.
                    That's exactly what it is. Reed isn't disciplined enough in his zone coverages, and that TD pass to Miller was a prime example of that. He can't let Ray run with Miller by himself, just stupid stupid stupid. I think his want to make a big play is going to be detrimental to the team. I'd actually rather have Zbi start and keep Reed in the slot role. At least keep Frank Walker off of the field.

Comment

OMG!!!!!!! ED REED NEEDS TO BE BENCHED!!!!!!! I love our fans
                      Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                      Just let it go RWO.
                      We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                        Our secondary was better in coverage without him. I'm not saying he can't change, but the way our defense is no there's no room for free-lancing like there was under Ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                          well, the only TD scored by the Raiders was over the middle, and Ray Lewis definitely should have had help over the middle with covering Zach Miller, where was Reed?

I think either Reed is losing a step or teams are learning and catching on to him. Cause Oakland had it WAY to easy, and if you give a QB like Brady that many open WR's, he's gonna hit em all day long, not to mention, we have no pass rush so that doesn't help at all.

When Zbikowski was in, I never saw Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Detroit or Chicago have WR's find that many holes in our defense.

I'm not blaming Reed, I'm just wondering why that when he returns, all of a sudden, that terrible defense we saw early mid season came back?

Comment

This team has so many problems....... that said, happy we got to the playoffs means we have at least an outside shot.

We got the worst first rd draw possible so that sucks, but who knows maybe we can squeak past New England. If we were to luck our way past rd 1 I dont like us against Indy or SD. But hey its all bonus now just along for the ride.
                            HALL OF FAMER!
                            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

I think the thing w/ reed is because our pass rush sucks the QB is not making quick decisions where reed can jump a route. I think since the QB has enough time to eat a sandwich back there they are able to find reed better.

Comment

I think the thing w/ reed is because our pass rush sucks the QB is not making quick decisions where reed can jump a route. I think since the QB has enough time to eat a sandwich back there they are able to find reed better.
                                very true, I 100% agree with this.

Suggs has to step it up. He has been a bum this year, and Antwan Barnes needs more playing time. That's the only way I see our pass rush getting better. Gregg has stepped up his play and it is evident. All we need is our edge rush to improve.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information