[Post Your Ravens Mocks]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a pretty horrible mock...
    - Sean Weatherspoon isn't a 1st round talent, and LB isn't a need..
    - Chad Jones is a fantastic safety, but probably won't make it to Baltimore's second round pick..(1st round talent after a monster combine)
    - Shipley is a good pick if the team decides to wait until the 2nd/3rd round to target a receiver But I'd like a more talented player in the 1st/2nd such as (Gilyard, Tate, Williams, Lafell, or Thomas)
    - Arenas will probably be gone by the 4th round, and to be honest, I don't like him as a prospect at all. Baltimore needs a big, physical, playmaking cornerback in the 2nd/3rd round aka (Devin McCourty, Donovan Warren, Perrish Cox, or even Myron Lewis)
    - Andre Roberts is a solid late round pick, but the 5th round seems too early for me.
    - Chris Cook and Thaddeus Lewis are development guys. Cook will try to switch to safety, and Lewis will never be an NFL passer. Wasted Picks.
    DRAFT GRADE: C-
    GO RAVENS

Comment

If we re-sign Washington it wont shock me at all if we dont even think about CB. Webb is a beast, we gave Fox big bills, Washington would have just been re-signed. We have Carr $ and he has been playing like it towards the end of the season. and Walker had good playoffs, yes it doesnt make up for his horrible season but our coaching staff loves this guy 4 whatever reason.

but w/ that said I would love drafting a mid round project CB.

Comment

ended up getting fairly drunk tonight... So I made this new mock!
        Round 1: Damian Williams, WR
        Round 2: Myron Rolle, S
        Round 3: Alex Carrington, DE
        Round 4: Myron Lewis, CB
        Round 5: Eric Decker, WR
        Round 6: Dexter Davis, OLB
        Round 7: Andrew Quarless, TE
        Last edited by GoRavens; 01-29-2010, 12:42 AM.
        GO RAVENS

Comment

IDK why a safety in the 2nd round. We got Zbi and Nakamura riding the bench and they are both talented.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
            IDK why a safety in the 2nd round. We got Zbi and Nakamura riding the bench and they are both talented.
            Reed wants to retire..
            Landry might be gone..
            Zbi is a capable starter..
            but Nakamura is a backup for life..
            - Myron Rolle can play either strong, or free safety, and is proving he's a top 5 safety in the Senior Bowl...I love the pick
            GO RAVENS

Comment

Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
              That's a pretty horrible mock...
              - Sean Weatherspoon isn't a 1st round talent, and LB isn't a need..
              - Chad Jones is a fantastic safety, but probably won't make it to Baltimore's second round pick..(1st round talent after a monster combine)
              - Shipley is a good pick if the team decides to wait until the 2nd/3rd round to target a receiver But I'd like a more talented player in the 1st/2nd such as (Gilyard, Tate, Williams, Lafell, or Thomas)
              - Arenas will probably be gone by the 4th round, and to be honest, I don't like him as a prospect at all. Baltimore needs a big, physical, playmaking cornerback in the 2nd/3rd round aka (Devin McCourty, Donovan Warren, Perrish Cox, or even Myron Lewis)
              - Andre Roberts is a solid late round pick, but the 5th round seems too early for me.
              - Chris Cook and Thaddeus Lewis are development guys. Cook will try to switch to safety, and Lewis will never be an NFL passer. Wasted Picks.
              DRAFT GRADE: C-
              Not sure what you're smokin, but Weatherspoon is most definitely a first round talent. He's probably the best linebacker in the draft and he's schematically diverse.

Comment

Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
                Not sure what you're smokin, but Weatherspoon is most definitely a first round talent. He's probably the best linebacker in the draft and he's schematically diverse.
                McClain, Spikes, Kindle > Weatherspoon

- Weatherspoon is a good linebacker don't get me wrong. But he's weak in coverage, and could easily slip to the second round.. And, oh, by the way, Baltimore doesn't need a linebacker! Especially in round 1!!
                They drafted Phillips last year for a reason, once he comes back from injury he should be a force. And did you guys forget about Ellerbe??? He played lights out last season, Gooden isn't bad, and Ray Lewis is still playing amazing football. Weatherspoon is just a horrible pick.. Inside Linebacker can be addressed after the draft, by signing some undrafted talent. Such As;
                - Mike McLaughlin, Boston College
                - Vincent Rey, Duke

:)
                Last edited by GoRavens; 01-29-2010, 08:58 PM.
                GO RAVENS

Comment

Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
                  Weatherspoon is a good linebacker don't get me wrong. But he's weak in coverage, and could easily slip to the second round.. And, oh, by the way, Baltimore doesn't need a linebacker! Especially in round 1!!
                  They drafted Phillips last year for a reason, once he comes back from injury he should be a force. And did you guys forget about Ellerbe??? He played lights out last season, Gooden isn't bad, and Ray Lewis is still playing amazing football. Weatherspoon is just a horrible pick..
                  And where did I say we needed a LB? All I said in the first post about this mock was that i didn't mind him based on value. I'm the first to say we don't need a LB, believe me, but don't think it's out of the question with Ozzie drafting.

Comment

I see us drafting more need this year than normal. I think its a situation where we need an impact player and don't have the need to draft a lineman or LB or RB because he is the best player available. We need a CB or a WR. Last year we needed those same spots but we had a player like Oher that was supposed to be a Top 12 pick and he fell all the way down like did. I don't see that happening this year unless you are talking QB. Now if we were in a spot where a Clausen or a Bradford dropped like Quinn or Rodgers did a few years ago and we could trade with a Washington (Santana Moss and a pick) or Arizona (Boldin) or Carolina (Steve Smith) I think thats a situation we have to take.

Comment

No thanks to Santana Moss
                      GO RAVENS

Comment

As normally I would say no to him as well. He has never had a decent QB to throw him the ball and he still has wheels to get deep. Not to mention he is from the U. Those guys all get a little better playing in Baltimore.

Comment

My moRavens mock would go like this......

Rd 1 = Demaryius Thomas WR GA TECH

Demaryius Thomas has all the potential in the world, and the physical abilities to go with it. Still a raw WR prospect but with Quan and Mason back to take the starting jobs DT will be allowed to mature.

Rd 2 = Lamarr Houston DL TEXAS

The Ravens need to get younger along the DL and we also need to add depth. Houston fills both those needs and may just steal a starting job along that DL in year 1.

Rd 3 (comp pick) = Ed Dickson TE OREGON

This is my favorite TE in the draft right here, and I think he would be a huge steal in rd3.

Rd 5a = Ed Wang OL VA TECH

Provides solid depth at OT, and can play inside as well.

Rd 5b = Taylor Price WR OHIO

This is a potential steal at WR, has all the physical tools and is very coachable. A starting 3 of DT/Boldin/Price is an incredibly bright future right there.

Rd 6 = Nolan Carroll CB MARYLAND

This was my homer pick of the draft. I love me some Nolan Carroll, he has great foot speed, excellent size, very good ankle and hip flextion. If he does not get injured last year he would be long gone by this point. As a 6th rd pick he is low risk extreme high reward.
                          HALL OF FAMER!
                          PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                          JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Nice Mock. Mine's a little better.

1st- Jermaine Gresham, TE.
                            - Let's face it, having a great tightend on your team makes passing the ball a lot easier. Heap is past his prime, and with Gresham still on the board Baltimore would be foolish to pass him up.

2nd- Lamarr Houston, DT
                            - Houston would fit in perfectly in Baltimore. His aggressive nature and versatility is just what the Ravens aging D-line could use. Bulk Houston up to 315, and he'll be a beast for years to come.

3rd- Amari Spievey, CB
                            - Cornerback is a top need for the Ravens, and Spievey is a talented player. Deion Sanders is really high on Spieveys game, and I can see why; Spieveys size is perfect, and his athleticism is outstanding. He’s been productive, durable, and has awesome hands as well.

5th- Mike Williams, WR
                            - He's got character issues, but as a player, there's no way he should've slipped to round 5. Baltimore sees this as a steal, and knows the Ravens locker room will change Williams' character flaws. As a player, he's great, but he'll need some coaching up before he even sees the field. Could be a huge steal though.

5th- Antonio Coleman, OLB
                            - Coleman was a great pass rusher in college (like most Auburn prospects) I like Colemans game a lot though. He's undersized, but he uses his competitiveness, and excellent pass rush moves to consistently beat his man. The Ravens have struggled to find a consistent edge rusher other than Suggs. Drafting Coleman allows him to come off the bench late in the game, and fly by bigger, more tired offensive tackles. Baltimore would coach this guy into becoming a sack machine.

6th- DeMarcus Granger, DT
                            - I love Granger. He's nasty and has the talent to back it up. He possesses great strength, and is a beast in run support. He has a ton of potential, and could potentially be a gem for the Ravens. Give Granger 2-3 years of proper coaching, and he'll be a stud in the NFL.

i love it :)
                            Last edited by GoRavens; 03-16-2010, 09:43 AM.
                            GO RAVENS

Comment

Well Jermaine Gresham in rd 1 isnt better than Demaryius Thomas. Personally best case scenario is trade back to top 10 of rd 2 and get Demaryius there.
                              HALL OF FAMER!
                              PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                              JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                                Well Jermaine Gresham in rd 1 isnt better than Demaryius Thomas. Personally best case scenario is trade back to top 10 of rd 2 and get Demaryius there.
                                Gotta disagree with this. Gresham at his best will be just as big of an offensive asset as Thomas at his best, especially now that we have Boldin. I actually LOVE the mock STRIP did, with Weatherspoon, Jones, and Shipley. I think that adds alot of depth to the defense, and adds a bit of youth. I suppose if I had to do a mock right now, it would probably look like

1) Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
                                - ***OPTION B*** Jared Odrick, DL, Penn State

2) Mardy Gilyard, WR, Cincinnati
                                - ***OPTION B*** Lamar Houston/Cam Thomas

Something along those lines for the top rounds. Tried to be realistic for who might be there.
                                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                                The APS is strong in this one.
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information