[Post Your Ravens Mocks]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Post Your Ravens Mocks]

*Considering we don't get Malcolm Floyd, or Kevin Walter, What's your ideal Ravens mock..

1/21/09 Baltimore Ravens Mock Draft

+ Round 1, WR, Damian Williams, USC
    - Although I'm the biggest fan of Tate coming to Baltimore, I think he'll be gone by the time we get on the board.. Damian Williams is just as good, if not better, runs better routes, and would be the future #1 target for Flacco.

+ Round 2, DE, Corey Wootton, Northwestern
    - Big, and nasty. (think Chris Canty).. He'd be a future stud on a Baltimore D-Line that's getting older.

+ Round 3, CB, Trevard Lindley, Kentucky
    - If Lindley falls to the 3rd, it'd be a huge steal. Great cover corner, that'll help improve a shaky, inconsistent secondary.

Round 4, TE, Jimmy Graham, Miami
    - Huge, 6'8, redzone ANIMAL. Former basketball player that will need to be coached into huge playmaker.

Round 5, FS, Van Eskridge, ECU
    - Possibly Ed Reeds replacement. Fiery, playmaker, thats good at everything. (Special teams Ace)

Round 6, WR, Chris McGaha, Arizona State
    - Great hands, quick routes, great possession receiver. Baltimore needs help at receiver at McGaha, and Williams would be 2 different, and special targets.

Round 7, C, Eric Olsen, Notre Dame
    - My boy outta Notre Dame!! Great leader, and intense drive blocker. Since center will soon be a need once Birk retires, he's a great last pick with a lot of potential.
    Last edited by GoRavens; 01-21-2010, 11:51 PM.
    GO RAVENS

perfect!!!!!

Go Celtics
    Go Irish
    Go Ravens

Comment

Personally Im not a fan of Damian Williams or Chris McGaha at all, but that said your other picks are pretty fantastic. If we can get Lindley in rd 3 thats excellent, and Graham as the future TE here would be perfection. Olsen is a nasty C and would be a great depth guy until he steals Birks job. Corey Wootton is a guy that I am extremely high on and hoping beyond hope that he is a Raven in the future. Van Eskridge would be an excellent special teams boost don't know that he'd ever become a reliable starter at safety but still a nice pick.

The draft would be absolute perfection if you had Demaryius Thomas, Arrelious Benn or Brandon LaFell instead of D Williams. And instead of Chris McGaha I absolutely love Taylor Price!! I think he is gonna be an absolute beast of a late rd gem for someone....hopefully us.
      HALL OF FAMER!
      PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
      JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

I like that mock a lot. I could understand why some Ravens fans wouldn't like Damian Williams (not a big flashy receiver with outstanding physical tools) but i think he's one of the safer receivers to take in the draft. Good route running, good hands, and decent size (6'1 195). IMO there's many more questions surrounding guys like Benn, Lafell, and especially Thomas (who I like more than Lafell) and I'm not a fan of the high bust-factor type of receivers. We need guys that can produce at the position, and that's the type of guy that I think Williams is.

Comment

I like Damian Williams, and I love the Graham pick, I had him in an earlier mock. Lindley is solid too.

Comment

Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
            I like that mock a lot. I could understand why some Ravens fans wouldn't like Damian Williams (not a big flashy receiver with outstanding physical tools) but i think he's one of the safer receivers to take in the draft. Good route running, good hands, and decent size (6'1 195). IMO there's many more questions surrounding guys like Benn, Lafell, and especially Thomas (who I like more than Lafell) and I'm not a fan of the high bust-factor type of receivers. We need guys that can produce at the position, and that's the type of guy that I think Williams is.
            You know who else was a "safe WR" to take in his draft class.....Mark Clayton, **** that be bold get a physical beast that has the potential to be amazing and stop settling for "safe" players at the WR position. Personally I think Taylor Price has the sameskillsets as Damiam Williams and might even be more explosive so Ill take that later in the draft and take an amazing freak of an athlete early on.
            HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
              You know who else was a "safe WR" to take in his draft class.....Mark Clayton, **** that be bold get a physical beast that has the potential to be amazing and stop settling for "safe" players at the WR position. Personally I think Taylor Price has the sameskillsets as Damiam Williams and might even be more explosive so Ill take that later in the draft and take an amazing freak of an athlete early on.
              I hope you're not comparing Williams to Clayton. For one, Williams can actually run routes and get open. Secondly, Williams actually has hands where as I believe that Clayton regularly tries to catch passes with his feet (actually he might be better if he actually did try that).

Honestly I would like just about any receiver taken in the first. Benn, Lafell, Tate, and Williams seem like the most likely guys to either be there or be valued at our pick. Tate is the guy I'm most iffy about, he actually does remind me a bit of Clayton (although more physical).

Comment

Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
                I hope you're not comparing Williams to Clayton. For one, Williams can actually run routes and get open. Secondly, Williams actually has hands where as I believe that Clayton regularly tries to catch passes with his feet (actually he might be better if he actually did try that).

coming out Clayton was said to have perfect routes and great hands. Clayton is just a bust, he is a slot WR at best in the NFL.

Comment

No Im not saying Williams and Clayton are alike Im just saying I'd rather take a chance on a guy with a high ceiling then a guy who is just gonna be a middle of the road WR.
                  HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

What does everyone think of Dexter McCluster as a slot receiver in the later rounds? I feel like he could play a dynamic role in the offense either like Wes Welker picking up the quick passes or like Darren Sproles with screens and patterns out of the backfield.

Comment

Mine's a little Different

1st: Sean Weatherspoon: A thumper who could be a hugely valuable asset. IMO has versatility to play both inside and outside.

2nd: Chad Jones: Thinking future here. Jones has range and insane hitting ability. He's like a missile locating guys down the middle.

3rd: Jordan Shipley: Your epitome slot receiver. One of the best route runners and secure hands in the draft. IMO I could easily see him developing into Flacco's security blanket. Shipley is the kind of guy who can turn a dump off into a first down. Value as a punt returner as well.

4th: Javier Arenas: Height is a huge downside but unlike all of the other corners on the roster he isn't afraid to be physical. He's the kind of guy you can put on the Wes Welker's of the world and shut them down. Also can compete for PR duties.

5th: Andre Roberts: Great project WR.

6th: Chris Cook: Physical coverage man with good range and ball skills. Versatility to play both CB ans safety.

7th: Thaddeus Lewis: Troy Smith doesn't really project to be in the future of this team. Lewis can be bread as Flacco's longterm backup.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

A lot would have to depend on the off-season for that draft to help our needs IMO. It's a great value draft, but drafting a slot WR (when we don't really use a slot receiver that much) isn't going to help us much. If we were to get receiver (hopefully 2) in FA, this draft looks alright. We don't really have a need for a LB at all but I wouldn't be upset at drafting Weatherspoon in the first. That guy seems like one of the safer/most productive players in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                          Mine's a little Different

1st: Sean Weatherspoon: A thumper who could be a hugely valuable asset. IMO has versatility to play both inside and outside.

2nd: Chad Jones: Thinking future here. Jones has range and insane hitting ability. He's like a missile locating guys down the middle.

3rd: Jordan Shipley: Your epitome slot receiver. One of the best route runners and secure hands in the draft. IMO I could easily see him developing into Flacco's security blanket. Shipley is the kind of guy who can turn a dump off into a first down. Value as a punt returner as well.

4th: Javier Arenas: Height is a huge downside but unlike all of the other corners on the roster he isn't afraid to be physical. He's the kind of guy you can put on the Wes Welker's of the world and shut them down. Also can compete for PR duties.

5th: Andre Roberts: Great project WR.

6th: Chris Cook: Physical coverage man with good range and ball skills. Versatility to play both CB ans safety.

7th: Thaddeus Lewis: Troy Smith doesn't really project to be in the future of this team. Lewis can be bread as Flacco's longterm backup.
                          I dont see us going LB round 1. if we go 34 we got Suggs/Ellerbe/Lewis/Johnson and Johnson has played well when we show 43 fronts

Comment

I agree. I see us going WR in the 1st. History says that one of the top WR's will drop they always do.

I see us getting Dez Bryant in the 1st
                            Taylor Mays in the 2nd will drop as well much like Mualuaga did this past season and he played well despite his stock falling.

after that we start simply drafting like we normally do best player available and start stockpiling players

I see us trading Troy Smith for a 3rd or to move up in the 2nd rd to get a player we want.

Comment

i doubt smith gets us a 3rd. He looked solid in his time starting but he was a 5th round pick. I see us getting around a 5th for him

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information