Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TO and Harbaugh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TO and Harbaugh

    Anyone ever heard of any comments that John Harbaugh said about TO's time in Philly? Was he positive or negative about him? I know Harbaugh doesn't like issues ie C-Mac and TO is bigger of a headache then him, but he is also still a good QB in the mold of WR that Cam Cameron likes and he didn't make much noise this year in Buffalo. We could probably get him with a cheap deal and laden with incentives.

    Anyones thoughts??

  • #2
    Signing TO would be a horrible move.
    He's old
    Expensive
    and drops passes
    ... No thanks.. If Baltimore acquired Antonio Bryant and drafted Golden Tate, Flacco would get a stiffy
    GO RAVENS

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
      Signing TO would be a horrible move.
      He's old
      Expensive
      and drops passes
      ... No thanks.. If Baltimore acquired Antonio Bryant and drafted Golden Tate, Flacco would get a stiffy
      this. no TO please. Harbaugh surely wants nothing of him.

      Comment


      • #4
        Not sure why everyone is hot to trot on Antonio Bryant, like he is the 2nd coming or something? He has never had a year that he was completely dominating in, his one and only good year since coming to the league he didn't even start all the games he played and didn't have anymore TD's then Mason did this year? So why is bringing in a guy that is 7 years younger then Mason going to be such a huge upgrade? As for Golden Tate... he looks like another Mark Clayton to me. I think we need to try and move up to get Dez Bryant.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
          Not sure why everyone is hot to trot on Antonio Bryant, like he is the 2nd coming or something? He has never had a year that he was completely dominating in, his one and only good year since coming to the league he didn't even start all the games he played and didn't have anymore TD's then Mason did this year? So why is bringing in a guy that is 7 years younger then Mason going to be such a huge upgrade? As for Golden Tate... he looks like another Mark Clayton to me. I think we need to try and move up to get Dez Bryant.
          I'm not that high on Antonio Bryant either, but I'd much rather have him, than T.O.

          And he's an upgrade from Mason cause he's stronger, faster, and more explosive. He's not just a possession WR, he can make plays from a small 3 yard slant or a 5 yard hitch, oh and I'd feel much more comfortable throwing end zone fades to him, rather than Mason. Downside is that he's got injury problems as well as character concerns.

          As for Golden, how does he remind you of Clayton? His style of play resembles more of an Anquan Boldin or Hines Ward type player. Clayton is more of a speedy, possession WR.

          Comment


          • #6
            Just to get my 2 cents in, TO isn't that expensive. Also you will only sign him for a 1-2 year max contract so if you get a 1 year deal in an uncapped year hell giving him 10 mil won't really hurt the future. I agree TO is so risky because of his relationship with QB's but he seemed to be fine this year even though Trent Edwards is horrendous. It's a very risky move but you can't deny the threat of TO on the outside opens it up for everyone else.

            Sig By:The Dynasty

            2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

            Comment


            • #7
              Bmore Blackbyrdz check out this video of Mark Clayton in College.. and then check out the 2nd link to Golden Tate in College. I think you will see why I compare those two. Not only are they practically the same physically but I think they play a similar game.

              Clayton: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcIbmfagFAE

              Tate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikQaUdZrET8

              I don't see Anquan Boldin or Hines Ward in Golden Tate, not to say he won't be a good WR.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                Just to get my 2 cents in, TO isn't that expensive. Also you will only sign him for a 1-2 year max contract so if you get a 1 year deal in an uncapped year hell giving him 10 mil won't really hurt the future. I agree TO is so risky because of his relationship with QB's but he seemed to be fine this year even though Trent Edwards is horrendous. It's a very risky move but you can't deny the threat of TO on the outside opens it up for everyone else.
                see that's the thing, I don't think defense's consider him that much of a threat anymore to the point that they have to double him. He's slow and has a weak break off the ball and also has poor hands. I'm sure many teams would are done double covering him anymore and feel fine about single covering him w/ 1 DB.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
                  Bmore Blackbyrdz check out this video of Mark Clayton in College.. and then check out the 2nd link to Golden Tate in College. I think you will see why I compare those two. Not only are they practically the same physically but I think they play a similar game.

                  Clayton: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcIbmfagFAE

                  Tate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikQaUdZrET8

                  I don't see Anquan Boldin or Hines Ward in Golden Tate, not to say he won't be a good WR.
                  I see what you are saying, but I still feel like Tate is more physical after the catch, stronger to the ball, and a lot tougher to bring down.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    As a 49ers fan and T.O. being my favorite player, let me say that I do hope the Ravens stay away from him because I want him to return to SF where he started his career.

                    As for him being "done", this past season with him being in BUF is the same as when Moss was in OAK. Average at best QB, bad coaching and a horrible OL. Evans didnt do anything either nor did anyone else for that matter.

                    If T.O. goes to a team that has offensive weapons, he'll bounce back like Moss did two years ago in NE.

                    And for those talking about Bryant, he was on my team in 2006 and had a breakout year but for anyone who thinks that T.O. is a pain in the ass, you can put Bryant right below him because he's not all there either. The only difference between the two is that T.O. is a future HOFer while Bryant has only had two good seasons in his entire eight year career. I would rather have T.O. over Bryant anyday.

                    Hopefully, it will work out for both of our teams. I for one will definitely be happy.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I don't know that TO would break any records here in Baltimore like Moss did in NE as he is a bit older, but TO still would be a 90-100 rec 1200-1400yd 10-12 TD's Cam Cameron loves BIG WR's like TO.

                      TO didn't cause any issues up in Buffalo this past year and would be a good addition here with the Ravens!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        He is a team killer, drafting Tate is great advice, he was awesome at ND.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I would still take TO at this stage, he didn't cause the headaches he used to in Buffalo last season and drafting Tate is just putting another Mark Clayton type in our stable of WR's

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Let's face it, if Baltimore's going after a free agent receiver, it will definitely not be TO. He's getting really old so the potential is non existent.. He drops half the passes that get thrown his way.. And most of all, he's a chemistry destroyer. No thanks, he's a diva.. Antonio Bryant is the best bet, but drafting 2 new receivers seems most likely to happen. Look for Baltimore to bring in a ton of unsigned free agent receivers and let them all battle for spots on the roster. The Ravens could use a whole new receiving core, so look for them to bring in 4-5 new faces after the draft.
                            GO RAVENS

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I love to watch people talk about TO as a cancer and then advocate getting a cancer in Bryant. Bryant ran himself out of Cleveland, Dallas, and now Tampa......And unlike TO Bryant has never been consistently productive. Give me TO 1,000 times out of 1,000 over Bryant!
                              HALL OF FAMER!
                              PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                              JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

                              Xbox Live - Kevown8999

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information