Julius Peppers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julius Peppers?

For some reason, Adam Schefter believe's that Baltimore is a potential landing spot for Peppers. Why? I for one think Peppers would be an awesome addition to our defense, He'd be hella expensive but would definitely be worth it. BUT, I would much rather have the front office put that kind of money into offensive playmakers ( i.e trade for and sign Marshall or sign Vincent Jackson. )

Here's an interesting article I found on BR.com

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/?p=3395

Thoughts?

If we had Peppers our pass rush would be SOOOOOO much better which makes our CB's better. If we got Peppers I would be ok with mediocre receivers again.
    Originally posted by SunTzu_22
    Just let it go RWO.
    We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
      If we had Peppers our pass rush would be SOOOOOO much better which makes our CB's better. If we got Peppers I would be ok with mediocre receivers again.
      good point. and we could always draft a WR (Benn, Lafell) or a TE to work the middle of the field. (Gresham)

Also, did anyone hear about Mason? Apparently, his agent is meeting with Ozzie to work something out. That's suprising, I thought for sure he'd retire this off season.

Comment

I would feel bad about not helping Flacco out but I am just a ***** for defense.....I mean can you blame me??? I have been spoiled with it for so long. I won't be happy unless we get Marshall or Peppers now.
        Just let it go RWO.
        We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall

Comment

If we get Peppers, we would have a pretty damn good 4 man rush (which we pretty much use exclusively on third downs now) with Suggs and Julius on the outside. I would sign him to a front-heavy deal to take advantage of the uncapped year, probably a contract similar in structure to Suggs'. He would definitely be a good addition to our defense.

Comment

He's getting 100 mil from someone. Almost Guarantee that. The Ravens aren't the type of team to try to outbid teams for a guy for a position that really isn't at the top of the priority list. Investing in WR's and CB's is way more important. Sure the greedy in every Raven fan would love to have him but the impact on future financial flexibility I think is too much to consider him.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Hell Yes To Peppers
              GO RAVENS

Comment

of course bringing in Peppers would be a huge upgrade to the defense and we could front load the deal and what not. But will we still go out and get a WR to help Flacco? AND draft a DB to help the secondary? We still need to sign Ngata and Gaither (granted he will come a little cheaper since he was hurt this season) and we still need to think we are going to have to resign Ray Rice, Joe Flacco and Michael Oher in the next few years.

Its doable at a 4 year deal longer then that I think we shoot ourselves in the foot give him a big signing bonus and ton's of incentives, he will make them if he stays healthy.

Don't we have a large cap # coming off the books from JO retiring and McNair this off season? or was that last year?

Comment

Singing Peppers to a 3 year deal would be perfect. Trevor Pryce is about to retire, and like someone said earlier, it would help our secondary immensely. Receiver and Corner can be taken care of in the draft..
                  C'MON PEPPERS, GET TO BALTIMORE!!!!!!!!!!
                  GO RAVENS

Comment

You do know that Peppers wants to play OLB in a 34, right? I don't think he will do well at that position. He's too tall.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                      You do know that Peppers wants to play OLB in a 34, right? I don't think he will do well at that position. He's too tall.
                      I think if he came here he would be more than happy to do as Ray Lewis says!

I mean everyone knows when the world ends Ray Lewis is who comes to take us to heaven.
                      Just let it go RWO.

John Wall

Comment

Who does Schefter see you guys losing to FA that would allow you to sign Peppers?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                          Tall isn't bad when the main coverage responsibility of the position is to drop into the flats. He has the wingspan to force QBs to throw over him.
                          No excuse for these players being left out of the Hall of Fame:
                          QB Ken Anderson
                          DT Alex Karras
                          LB Chuck Howley

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                            Who does Schefter see you guys losing to FA that would allow you to sign Peppers?

can we not re-sign a couple of no names and re-sign big names? or is it something like we have to let go a FA of a certain salary to sign a FA of a high salary.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post

Teams who made the final 8 have the ability to sign one player with a starting salary over something around 5 or 6 and a half million without any restrictions.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information