Stallworth to RAVENS...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
    Awful move, and if Ozzie uses this as an excuse not to go after a young WR such as Demaryius Thomas, or Arrelious Benn in the draft then Ozzie is dumber than I already think he is.

Absolutely sickening that Stallworth will get the honor of putting on a Ravens jersey, in fact I think Im gonna go vomit right now.
    what's wrong with it? It's a low risk, medium reward kinda deal. They signed him dirt cheap and he will be in their off season workout program. I don't see this as a bad move, I see it as a cheap gamble.

Well worth it.

Comment

I dont see this being anything big. But does it mean the end of Washington or Clayton in Baltimore? It wont help that much if we really want to see results we got to get a big name elite WR.

Comment

Is he going to run over an innocent man while driving drunk and high again in Baltimore? Ok, ok, low blow, but I really don't think he'd make much of an impact. He hasn't developed to what people thought he would be, he's very injury prone, and he's been out of the game for a year. It will be interesting to see how well he does.

I still think he's a **** human being and shouldn't be allowed to play in the NFl again.

Comment

I'm happy because it means you guys will pass on Golden Tate now. Yay! :D

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            I'm happy because it means you guys will pass on Golden Tate now. Yay! :D
            I would be happy if that happens as well. Don't think it changes any draft plans though.

Comment

Now they just need to sign Leonard Little. That would be a killer lineup along with Ray Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
                I would be happy if that happens as well. Don't think it changes any draft plans though.
                I was just about to post the same thing, out of all the WR's I think Tate is the one I want the least. If this stopped us from taking Benn though, someone (probably Stallworth) would get a karate chop to the throat.

I don't hate this move as long as he's nothing more than a #3 WR.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                  I was just about to post the same thing, out of all the WR's I think Tate is the one I want the least. If this stopped us from taking Benn though, someone (probably Stallworth) would get a karate chop to the throat.

I don't hate this move as long as he's nothing more than a #3 WR.
                  I never understood why some Ravens fans liked Tate. He's too similar to what you already got in Clayton. You need something different. Benn does make much more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                    Now they just need to sign Leonard Little. That would be a killer lineup along with Ray Lewis
                    not at all
                    he doesn't fit
                    GO RAVENS

Comment

He came very cheap so I don't have a problem with the move. He's got talent, and can be a mismatch with his speed. I don't think he's a character problem either, I think he'll mesh well with the guys in the locker room and will do good in the community. Thousands of people drive drunk every day and while its incredibly dangerous and stupid, it doesn't make you a **** human being as HinesWardJr said, but just a stupid and dangerous person. He's was remorseful and cooperative throughout the whole process and I have no issue giving him a second chance. I think he'll do whatever he can to leave a positive mark on the community.

Back to on the field, I think he can succeed as a slot receiver, especially on deep routes matched up against a safety. Yes DWill can also do this and he's good but if Harbaugh won't play him cause he's in the doghouse, someone needs to be able to run these routes. I think this signing doesn't pull us away from drafting a WR in the first at all; it might even point to us taking one as Ozzie is identifying the need for a wideout. Benn fits what we need much more than Tate does and should be in our range. If Mason comes back and Clayton and Washington go, that leaves us with Mason/Benn/Stallworth/Dwill which in my opinion would be an upgrade over last years and it wouldn't be costly, like signing Boldin or Marshall, which I don't even think we can do under this years CBA or whatever because we'd need to lose somebody of that value.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                        On a somewhate related topic i'm surprised they didnt sign Matt Jones who brings more to the table than Stallworth (in a good way).

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                          Stallworth i think will get cut after training camp, when you have to trim down rosters. Before he wasn't a good number 1 either, and now i don't think he can be effective as a number 2. Through out the years, he would just catch 1 or 2 deep balls a game. Slot WR for Stallworth
                          Stallworth was never a #1 guy, but always #2 and #3 in other places. I think this signing and drafting a rooking in the first would be a really good start to helping out your WR corps tho.

Comment

I really like the signing. Very low risk with the possibility to add a pretty decent pass catcher. There is a very good chance that he doesn't make it past training camp, but he could be a good player for us. I'm glad he came to a stable franchise if he really wants to turn his life around.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Not a bad signing by any means... Stallworth is a consistent threat, with awesome speed which is exactly what Flacco needs. This signing changes how Baltimore will target receivers in the draft IMO. All Flacco needs now is a big, strong, animal to handle short competitions. Like Golden Tate, but as much as I'd still love Golden in Baltimore, Arrelious Benn might be the likely selection in round 1.
                              GO RAVENS

Comment

Baltimore have used 4 of there last 5 first round picks on offense players I am pretty sure, certainly they could select a wr but just an interesting stat to hear.
                                Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                                Coples is that dude.
                                Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information