No announcement yet.

Stallworth to RAVENS...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stallworth ran a 4.40 flat ON GRASS for his Ravens tryout.. That's about a 4.35 on turf. Stallworth is super fast, and is a proven playmaker. At this point it's
    1WR- Mason
    2WR- Stallworth
    3WR- Clayton
    4WR- Washington
    Baltimore should pass on a first round receiver, and address TE (Gresham), CB (Cox) or DE (Dunlap/Price)..My front runners for being the new go to man in Baltimore are;

1) Jordan Shipley (SECOND ROUND)- My personal favorite. A+ potential. I got my fingers crossed..

2) Demaryius Thomas (SECOND ROUND) - Could end up being a star in the league.

3) Eric Decker (THIRD ROUND) - Great at what he does.
    GO RAVENS

Comment

Just because he can run fast doesn't mean he's good. We shouldn't use or rely on him as anything more than a slot receiver, nor should we pass up a receiver in the first if the value is there.

I'm also starting to think that Washington won't be back. Clayton will most likely be tendered and brought back, the coaching staff loves him and they value that a LOT. Then, if/when we bring in another receiver via FA or the draft (especially if it's a higher round pick), that would relegate him to the 4th/5th receiver spot. Of course that also depends on if Mason is re-signed.

Ugh, so much turmoil and questions about our receivers. I love it :).

Comment

I think the Raven's will take the BPA at DE or CB. My hopes are that Kyle Wilson is still on the board. If not him, then Carlos Dunlap.

The awesome thing about the Stallworth signing is that if we cut him before the regular season starts (aka, he doesn't make the team) then we don't have to pay him the 900,000. So basically, he's free unless he makes the team.

Comment

Wilson wouldn't be TOO bad, but Dunlap? C'mon man. Brian Price would be FAR better if we were hoping for a defensive lineman to fall to us.

Comment

you're probably right, I'm following the draft as close as I was last year, I just think Ozzie will take a pass rusher over a WR in the 1st round any day.

There's a lotta WR depth and I think taking the BPA in the first round is the best way to go.

Comment

In my ideal world, the Ravens trade their first round pick for Brandon Marshall. I really really really want Marshall in Baltimore. Really bad. He's a top 5 receiver in the NFL, which is exactly what Flacco needs. Give Baltimore Brandon Marshall, and the Ravens are winning the Superbowl
              GO RAVENS

Comment

Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
                In my ideal world, the Ravens trade their first round pick for Brandon Marshall. I really really really want Marshall in Baltimore. Really bad. He's a top 5 receiver in the NFL, which is exactly what Flacco needs. Give Baltimore Brandon Marshall, and the Ravens are winning the Superbowl
                I agree we need Marshall, but should we also trade away a #1? could we somehow package a #2 and next years #2 or a #1 in 2012? I mean look at what the Raiders gave up last year to the Pats to get Seymour. Maybe we can send next years #1 for Marshall and a 4th this year?

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information