Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3/5/10 Best Restricted WR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3/5/10 Best Restricted WR

    Which Restricted Free Agent do you think fits best in Baltimore, Anquan Boldin,

    Brandon Marshall,


    or Vincent Jackson?



    How do you feel about the Anquan Boldin Trade?


    Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER


    Originally posted by Raheem Morris
    Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

  • #2
    Boldin isn't restricted.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'd love Marshall, but with the addition on Boldin, we all know the Raven's are likely done with any more major additions.

      Maybe expect an attempt to re-sign Mason and we'd probably take another WR in the first 2 rounds. Still kinda bummed that we passed on Walter.

      Comment


      • #4
        Even with the signing of Anquan Boldin my mock really hasn't changed.

        Mardy Gilyard in round two would make our recievers nasty.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RavenMadness View Post
          Even with the signing of Anquan Boldin my mock really hasn't changed.

          Mardy Gilyard in round two would make our recievers nasty.
          true,

          Boldin is Flacco's aggressive possession WR.
          Stallworth is Joe's deep threat
          Clayton could have some success in the slot
          and Mardy Gilyard could bring that explosiveness that guys like DeSean Jackson and Santonio Holmes bring.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm not really that high on Stallworth. I think he may get the axe prior to the season. I wouldn't be surprised if we came away with 2 recievers on draft day.

            Comment


            • #7
              Vincent Jackson is the best of that list IMO, but I'll take Boldin for now.
              HALL OF FAMER!
              PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
              JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

              Xbox Live - Kevown8999

              Comment


              • #8
                How awesome would it we if we got Arrelious Benn in the first and land Damariyus Thomas in the 2nd? Our WR Corp would be nasty.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                  How awesome would it we if we got Arrelious Benn in the first and land Damariyus Thomas in the 2nd? Our WR Corp would be nasty.
                  I don't know about that. We still have some holes in both the secondary and on the defensive line. I'm all for taking Kyle Wilson (best CB on the board) with our first pick and Mardy Gilyard with our 2nd. Wilson solidifying our abysmal cover corners and Gilyard + Boldin + Clayton is fine by me. Add in the fact that we're a power running team that can easily run the ball and were looking pretty good.

                  BTW: What picks did we recieve compensation-wise this offseason?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm not sold on Gilyard, at all.
                    His hands are shaky, and he won't be able to beat the jam in the NFL.
                    Jordan Shipley is my #1 WR prospect for Baltimore. He's going to be a stud in the NFL, mark my words.
                    But it'll be interesting to see if Baltimore goes WR in the 1st after just signing 2 new, talented players.

                    TE- Jermaine Gresham is who I really, really want Baltimore to get. He would've been a top 10 pick if he didn't get injured, and if he slips to 25, Ozzie would be insane not picking him. Heap is getting old, and injury prone, and LJ Smith is small, and inconsistent. Jermaine Gresham, along with Boldin, Mason, and Stallworth would make the Ravens passing attack so much better.

                    DE- Strengthening the D-Line is huge. Gregg, and Pryce are getting really old and should be replaced asap. Jared Odrick , Lamarr Houston, Corey Wootonn and Brian Price are 4 guys that will get some consideration. But iMO, D-Line can be targeted in the later rounds. Alex Carrington would be a perfect pickup in round 2 to replace Pryce.

                    OLB- Getting a passrush is a top need for Baltimore. T-Suggs is awesome, but constantly gets double teamed. Jarrett Johnson is solid, but isn't the passrushing specialist we need. Baltimore will likely target a later round passrusher since the top 1st round options, will likely all be gone. This position is not a 1st round need.

                    CB- Joe Haden won't slip to 25. But other talented corners will still be available at 25. CB has been a really inconsistent, smallish group, so an upgrabe is necessary. Fabian Washington, and Dominique Foxworth are quicker, smaller guys, that don't have the physicality to cover big NFL receivers. Kyle Wilson is small, but doesn't play like it. He reminds me a lot of Winfield. He's aggressive, has terrific instincts, and can run with the fastest of receivers. Perrish Cox would be an instant upgrade for Baltimore. His size, and physical style is what the team needs. Patrick Robinson is arguably the most talented corner, and his feisty style would improve the group as well. If Cox, and Robinson are gone, Brandon Ghee will be a good pickup. He's got all the tools to be a solid NFL corner.

                    WR- If Baltimore wants another receiver to tighten up the crew, Demaryius Thomas, Jordan Shipley, or Damian Williams should all be available at 25. But I doubt they go WR in the 1st. Targeting a later round playmaking receiver would be a better idea. Jacoby Ford, Eric Decker, and Blair White are all later round guys with serious talent.

                    Baltimore will likely select either;
                    1) Jermaine Gresham
                    2) Perrish Cox
                    3) Kyle Wilson

                    My pick goes to Jermaine Gresham, aka future hall of famer.
                    GO RAVENS

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
                      I'm not sold on Gilyard, at all.
                      His hands are shaky, and he won't be able to beat the jam in the NFL.
                      Jordan Shipley is my #1 WR prospect for Baltimore. He's going to be a stud in the NFL, mark my words.
                      But it'll be interesting to see if Baltimore goes WR in the 1st after just signing 2 new, talented players.

                      TE- Jermaine Gresham is who I really, really want Baltimore to get. He would've been a top 10 pick if he didn't get injured, and if he slips to 25, Ozzie would be insane not picking him. Heap is getting old, and injury prone, and LJ Smith is small, and inconsistent. Jermaine Gresham, along with Boldin, Mason, and Stallworth would make the Ravens passing attack so much better.

                      DE- Strengthening the D-Line is huge. Gregg, and Pryce are getting really old and should be replaced asap. Jared Odrick , Lamarr Houston, Corey Wootonn and Brian Price are 4 guys that will get some consideration. But iMO, D-Line can be targeted in the later rounds. Alex Carrington would be a perfect pickup in round 2 to replace Pryce.

                      OLB- Getting a passrush is a top need for Baltimore. T-Suggs is awesome, but constantly gets double teamed. Jarrett Johnson is solid, but isn't the passrushing specialist we need. Baltimore will likely target a later round passrusher since the top 1st round options, will likely all be gone. This position is not a 1st round need.

                      CB- Joe Haden won't slip to 25. But other talented corners will still be available at 25. CB has been a really inconsistent, smallish group, so an upgrabe is necessary. Fabian Washington, and Dominique Foxworth are quicker, smaller guys, that don't have the physicality to cover big NFL receivers. Kyle Wilson is small, but doesn't play like it. He reminds me a lot of Winfield. He's aggressive, has terrific instincts, and can run with the fastest of receivers. Perrish Cox would be an instant upgrade for Baltimore. His size, and physical style is what the team needs. Patrick Robinson is arguably the most talented corner, and his feisty style would improve the group as well. If Cox, and Robinson are gone, Brandon Ghee will be a good pickup. He's got all the tools to be a solid NFL corner.

                      WR- If Baltimore wants another receiver to tighten up the crew, Demaryius Thomas, Jordan Shipley, or Damian Williams should all be available at 25. But I doubt they go WR in the 1st. Targeting a later round playmaking receiver would be a better idea. Jacoby Ford, Eric Decker, and Blair White are all later round guys with serious talent.

                      Baltimore will likely select either;
                      1) Jermaine Gresham
                      2) Perrish Cox
                      3) Kyle Wilson

                      My pick goes to Jermaine Gresham, aka future hall of famer.
                      First off, all the things you just said were exactly what they were saying about DeSean Jackson coming out. Not being able to beat the jam, shaky hands, poor route tree in college. Put on the film of Gilyard. He's a crazy quick guy that can take it too the house from anywehere on the field. Making some acrobatic catches and major YAC for the BearCats he's the type of reciever we need now that we have Boldin.

                      Now I'm also a fan of Jordan Shipley. But he's not worth a 2nd Round pick. He's a great route runner and can work the underneath but he's got some red flags as well. Injuries, Age, and Slow 40. I still like the guy but he's no where near the type of athlete and explosiveness that Gilyard provides.

                      I also like Gresham but you calling him Canton Bound...Are you kidding me. Fact of the matter is if he were in the 2009 draft he would been selected after Pettigrew. He's got some knee injuries dating back to HS, blocking concerns, and isn't the fastest guy in the world. That being said I love the guy and think he has the potential to be a Vernon Davis type player but this is a very deep TE class and the Ravens can find a pass catching TE in the later rounds.

                      I agree the part about the defensive line their are some later round guys I like. Arthur Jones and Corey Peters especially.

                      My sleeper of the draft is pass rushing specialist Eric Noorwood from SC. A guy we can get in the later rounds that was so consistent for the Gamecocks last season.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If you think Pettigrew was going to go before Gresham last year, I seriously question your draft knowledge. Gresham had it all before he decided not to enter the draft, great frame and an even better ability to catch the ball. Hell, Scott was even saying that he was a decent blocker.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
                          If you think Pettigrew was going to go before Gresham last year, I seriously question your draft knowledge. Gresham had it all before he decided not to enter the draft, great frame and an even better ability to catch the ball. Hell, Scott was even saying that he was a decent blocker.
                          Your kidding me right? Pettigrew is the same size, a vicious blocker, a great route runner, and fewer injury concerns. And he's not the greatest blocker in the world...Put on the tape.

                          While we all remember the infamous play where Pettigrew took Orakpo in the redzone and drove him back practically into the goal post.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
                            I seriously question your draft knowledge. Gresham had it all before he decided not to enter the draft..
                            Agree 100%
                            Gresham is one of the most talented, complete, NFL ready players in this years draft.
                            GO RAVENS

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RavenMadness View Post
                              Your kidding me right? Pettigrew is the same size, a vicious blocker, a great route runner, and fewer injury concerns. And he's not the greatest blocker in the world...Put on the tape.

                              While we all remember the infamous play where Pettigrew took Orakpo in the redzone and drove him back practically into the goal post.
                              Great, Pettigrew had one nice play against Orapko. Mark Clayton has had some nice catches in the NFL as well, does that make him good? No. You can't judge a player by one play or a highlight reel. I also never said that Gresham was a "great" blocker, but a decent one. Hell Scott Wright (you know, the guy that created this site and the one that knows more about all of these players than any one of us) said he could block. Gresham is just as good, if not better, a route runner than Pettigrew and he actually has great physical tools that help him get open and go up to get the ball. The injury concerns are there, sure, but Gresham still would have went before Pettigrew last year. And this si coming from someone who loved Pettigrew and was my #1 realistic target for the Ravens last draft.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information