Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Except Big Ben is capable of winning a game on his shoulders, Flacco is only as good as the people around him, so when he's not getting perfect protection he's fairly mediocre, and against the Jets, Steelers, and Colts you won't have perfect protection. It's too bad because if this offense was paired with the Ravens defense of the old, they would be unstoppable. So shocked at the inability of the Ravens defense to get off the field.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
      Except Big Ben is capable of winning a game on his shoulders, Flacco is only as good as the people around him, so when he's not getting perfect protection he's fairly mediocre, and against the Jets, Steelers, and Colts you won't have perfect protection. It's too bad because if this offense was paired with the Ravens defense of the old, they would be unstoppable. So shocked at the inability of the Ravens defense to get off the field.
      I don't even think Big Ben has looked all that good this season so far. Maybe it's because defenses finally know how to play him, but he's looked very rusty, and he's going on what, game 6? Plus, with the ****** offensive line and ****** play calling, it's taken a huge hit to our offense.

Comment

• Baltimore are actually ranked significantly higher in total offense then the Steelers are. Ravens are 13th, Steelers are 24th.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          Baltimore are actually ranked significantly higher in total offense then the Steelers are. Ravens are 13th, Steelers are 24th.
          Although it's rather meaningless, the Steelers were without their best offensive player for four games.

Comment

• EDIT: Whoops
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
              I feel ya. Our back 4 is so bad right now. I honestly don't see the Steelers or Ravens in the Super Bowl because we both have very obvious and glowing holes that it'll be hard to hide up, unless one of us gets hot. It seems like both our teams have similar problems.
              The Steelers at least have the coordinator and personnel to get a consistent pass-rush on defense. Honestly I don't think our corners are terrible, although they're not good enough to be left out in coverage for too long. We really need a #1 CB this off-season, thus moving Foxworth to #2 when he comes back and having Webb man the slot full-time. Re-sign Chris Carr and keep Cary Williams and we'll be set at CB. Sadly I doubt we get one in the draft and it'll be hard to get one via trade/FA.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                David Reed
                Marcus Smith
                Fabian Washington
                Jameel McClain
                Brendan Ayanbedejo
                Jalen Parmele
                Ken Hamlin

or of course the ol master of street clothes.....

Paul Kruger

Any of them sittin down wont hurt.
                Kruger has been active every game he's been healthy this season IIRC. He hasn't really made an impact on the defense though, just notching 2 pass-deflections and no tackles/sacks. :(

I'd be really surprised to see Miller added to the active roster though, we'd have 6 CBs on it and we would probably deactivate Cary Williams on game-day. I'd like to see David Reed get a chance at PR as well as KR since he doesn't see action on offense anyways.

Comment

• Predicted score -----> 28-16 Ravens.
                  - I wish Cliff Harris was eligible for the draft, he'd be a good fit on the defense.
                  - As far as return men, nobody would be more perfect than Shaky Smithson... he's from Baltimore and statistically speaking he's one of the best returners in college football.

:)
                  - Also, guys like:
                  - William Powell, RB, Kansas State
                  - Jeremy Kerley, WR, TCU
                  - Or of course, Jesus himself, Patrick Peterson.
                  GO RAVENS

Comment

• I posted this on baltimoreravens.com I figured Ill share it here

1)Let Flacco audible
                    -Cameron its time to let your ego go and let Flacco audible. He has the skills to do it. It is an option that all good quarterbacks have.

2)Employee 5 WR sets.
                    -Boldin,Mason,Hoosh,Stallworth,Heap all lined up at WR while FLacco is in the shot gun. We dont have to do this a lot but this will lead to a guarenteed mismatch and a guarenteed 10-15 yard gain. You can't complain with that.

3)Move Cousins to RG.
                    -This guy will be a great guard. He will be the meanest man on the line. He has the size and strength, along w/ enough quickness to pull and get to the second level. He just couldn't handle exotic blitzes at RT, but at RG he won't have to handle them as much.

4)Use 2 TE sets with Dickson.
                    -Being the #2 TE he maybe a after thought on the coverage. But he is a very good vertical threat at the TE position. He would be able to stretch the field deep.

5)Mix in McGahee more
                    -McGahee would be an above average starting back. He can wear down the defense. I am not saying have the carries be 50/50 between him and Rice but but 70/30 Rice.

6)Put Zbikowski at SS.
                    -The guy was built to be a SS. He will be fine in run support. And it has been shown he is a far better cover man then Landry.

7)Try out Jameel McClain at OLB. I love JJ as much as the next guy but unfourtanetly he hasnt produced at all this year. McClain is a true 34 OLB IMO. He was a DE in college so he will def be able to rush the passer.

8)Give Phillips a shot next to Ray.
                    -It has been shown in pre-season that Phillips is just a natural football player, I have given up hope that Ellerbe will ever get out of the doghouse so we gotta move on. Phillips can come out and be replaced by Gooden on passing downs.

9)Give Cody a lot more time.
                    -Unfourtanetly Gregg is done. Cody has shown to be a freak of nature in preseason and his athleticism has shocked us all.

10)Get more exotic in stunts for pass rush.
                    -Mattison wont be rex but his pass rushing is ridiculously bad. We gotta do something and I think getting suggs on stunts and what not can increase our pass rush.

11)Cut out this soft zone BS.
                    -This is just embarassing. At least let the CB be near the WR for god sake. It makes me puke.

12)Never have Suggs cover a FB out of the backfield on 3rd and long again.
                    -When I saw that happen I wanted to turn my TV off. It was the dumbest thing I ever saw. Have our best pass rusher to cover a FB on 3rd and 13.

Comment

• I like everything but 7. McClain really hasn't shown any explosiveness off the edge in the NFL and I doubt he'd be able to get near the QB. We need somebody to rush the passer in JJ's place but McClain isn't that guy IMO. Just because he played DE at Syracuse doesn't mean he'll be able to rush the passer in the NFL, there's a reason he went undrafted. I think he should be used mostly as a special teams guy myself, he's not really productive on defense and he was a great ST guy when he played there mostly.

Comment

• Im a fan of gettin Jameel McClain some unemployment checks!!!
                        HALL OF FAMER!
                        PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                        JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

• ya I agree the guy hasnt done **** but I look at it like this. Elllerbe will never see the field, he is probably farther in the doghouse then any one except Cmar. And Id rather have McClain in there on running downs besides Gooden.

Comment

• These are my suggestions.

1. Stop going empty backfield 3 plays in a row in the redzone. No reason to let our opponent know that we are passing. TE's make great receivers in the endzone.

2. RUN THE ******* BALL
                            Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                            Just let it go RWO.
                            We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

• Terrell Suggs called the patriots championships fake.

Sizzle needs to shut up/

Comment

• Brian St. Pierre is starting for the Panthers. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information