This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
    Flacco played well, he just needs to work on pre snap recognition, making audibles to pass protection or knowing where the heat is coming from. Flacco is a beast aside from his horrible pocket presense.
    Living in Baltimore now, I've watched more Ravens game this year than I've ever wanted to. Flacco is very good. In my opinion his main problem is either hesistancy or confidence. It's hard to see the coverage on TV, but Flacco holds onto the ball WAY too long, and chekcs down way too often. The playcalling is far from great, but with such an arm, you think he'd let it fly a bit more. He's the anti-Favre.

Comment

• I somewhat agree. Flacco needs to improve in his second half performances. He is a 101 Qb rating in the 1st half and a 86 in the 2nd half. Flacco still has a room for improvement and we will see how he continues to improve. He is only a 3rd year player, people seem to forget that.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Flacco crumbles with pressure, always has and hasn't made major improvements in that department. He gets way too flustered with pressure and loses his mechanics. I can only hope that he improves in this facet because his arm is special, he can make some throws that most QB's in the league can only dream about making with consistency.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• His arm is pretty great. The way he can work those passes on the outside numbers is awesome. It may be a 7 yard completion but he threw it all the way across the field to get there.

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• i just wonder what happened to the Joe Cool of his rookie year. Baltimore was on his nutz non stop because he wasn t frantic like BOller and he had a arm just as strong.

Also Stallworth and McGahee came out and said that Cameron doesnt have audibles in his offense. Im sure he has protection audibles though so Flacco needs to work on that.

The more i see Flacco I wonder if he will ever step into the elite level of QB or if he will just be on a Tony Romo like level for his career.

Comment

• Flacco looked so poised as a rookie because the team was a running machine and in play action he'd have all day. But against teams like the Steelers he's always played poor when pressured.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                i just wonder what happened to the Joe Cool of his rookie year. Baltimore was on his nutz non stop because he wasn t frantic like BOller and he had a arm just as strong.

Also Stallworth and McGahee came out and said that Cameron doesnt have audibles in his offense. Im sure he has protection audibles though so Flacco needs to work on that.

The more i see Flacco I wonder if he will ever step into the elite level of QB or if he will just be on a Tony Romo like level for his career.
                I think he's a lot like Romo performance wise. Has all the tools to win and be great, just is not clutch. You can take that as a good and bad thing. He'll put up great stats and win you a bunch of games, but he will never take you to the next level.

Comment

• Romo though is an escape artist, they are a different kind of unclutch. Romo makes horrible throws because he thinks he has the arm of God at times, Flacco makes bad throws because he panics.

Comment

• I see flashes of him being clutch sometimes though. 1st steelers game, falcons game, vikings game last year. I'm happy we have Flacco as our QB overall.

Cam is an interesting OC. It seems like he has a million great concepts and is a big offensive mind, but he doesn't know how to adjust or keep it simple sometimes. I'm glad that we have an actual offense now, but we should be producing more with the offensive talent.

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• I like what I'm seeing out of Flacco recently, he doesn't seem to be throwing off of his back foot anywhere near as much as earlier in the season and he's generally been good with decisions. It's sad that the offensive line has decided to fall apart on us, if they were anywhere close to what they were last season I think Flacco would lookk pretty damn good. He's still a top 10 QB as it is, but with the state of the defense (Mattison) and how our running game has been utterly ineffective most of the season I don't think we'll get anywhere. Flacco isn't quite the type of QB to put the team on his back, at least not yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                        Hey guys I'm looking to buy my little nephew some Ravens gear, shirts, sweatshirts, jersey, whatever, do you guys know anywhere cheaper to buy Ravens gears cause the stuff on NFL.com is pretty pricey.
                        Honestly check places like Rugged Warehouse and KMart.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Well one thing I have noticed about Flacco is, he is much more clutch when they spread em out and hes at the shotgun.
                          With the way the o-line has been playing this would make so much sense.

Look at the Steelers game earlier. He went through the D like swiss cheese when he was at shotgun and everything was spread out.

I was literally screaming at the television when he was at the single back formation against the Steelers. I just don't get Cam....

Comment

• great observation I agree with that. Flacco is terrible when pressured so we gotta get this o line better.

Also I hate to hear ppl say "we cant blitz because whenever we blitz we get torn up." I wonder why, rushing 3 or 4 people in the most bland formation possible all game. Then taking an engage 8 out of madden and it isnt working. God this D is ridic,

Comment

• big game lets go, if we can pull off a win then that would be great for our attempt for the 5th seed. In order for us to win I believe it has to be a very crappy day weather wise, the way this D looked last week Brees would put up 500 yards and unfortanetly w/ mattison I dont expect any adjustments. Im saying 31-13 Saints :(

Comment

• 31 Ravens 28 Saints!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information