This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    And to beat the Patriots to make sure there is a Steeler-Raven AFCCG.

:)
    Yep. I would much rather want to face the team that I own instead of Brady if I was a Steeler fan. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
      I can't see Ozzie is at blame here...
      You mean he can't predict if a guy will fall down the stairs and fracture his skull? Mind = BLOWN.

Comment

• yeah **** ozzie for taking a guy who was talked about as a potential top 20 pick at 43rd overall. Ozzie should have known that freak fall would have happened and he should have looked at his tweets to know the guy doesnt belong in the nfl.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score
          And to think, we could have had Jerry Hughes, Kyle Wilson, Dan Williams or Jared Odrick with that 25th overall...******* Ozzie and his love for mid rounders.
          Even using hindsight, non of those guys makes me regret us taking Kindle. None of those guys have been overly impressive. I LOVE Hughes but he has barely seen the field and Polian addmitted he regretted the pick. Wilson has been a very average nickel CB. Dan Williams has gotten very limited playing time on one of the worst defenses in the league and
          Jared Odrick broke his foot and has missed most of the season. Once we missed out on Dez, there weren't many very good options. No one could of foreseen what happened to Kindle. Looking at how the team has played this year, a versatile LB who can play inside and pass rush off the edge is exactly what we need. Its very unfortunate and unlucky what happened to him but I still think it was a good pick.

Comment

• It wasnt just hindsight. Ask TACKLE, I was very critical of the move at the time as well. Jbond can vouch for this as well, I was livid in his Ustream channel. I felt we needed to add a difference maker at the time, and I still do. Recouping those two mid rounders was nice, but using them on back to back tight ends was not.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• the only thing that could make a difference right away would be a CB or a pass rusher. We got the best value out of those positions w/ Sergio Kindle @ 43. Its very unlucky accident

Comment

• Hopefully we address CB early this year. I'd love to go CB, DE, CB. Carr, Fabian, and Wilson are FA's so I figure we'll be replacing a few of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                  It wasnt just hindsight. Ask TACKLE, I was very critical of the move at the time as well. Jbond can vouch for this as well, I was livid in his Ustream channel. I felt we needed to add a difference maker at the time, and I still do. Recouping those two mid rounders was nice, but using them on back to back tight ends was not.
                  I know you hated the move at the time. I still think had he not got skulled ******, Kindle would of been every bit the difference maker the other options there would of been.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                    It wasnt just hindsight. Ask TACKLE, I was very critical of the move at the time as well. Jbond can vouch for this as well, I was livid in his Ustream channel. I felt we needed to add a difference maker at the time, and I still do. Recouping those two mid rounders was nice, but using them on back to back tight ends was not.
                    and who exactly is the difference maker you're talking about?

as stated earlier, Hughes, Wilson, Williams and Odrick have all been somewhat disappointments in there own right.

At the time landing a top 20 talent at #43 AND acquiring more picks in the process was the best scenario.

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                      and who exactly is the difference maker you're talking about?

as stated earlier, Hughes, Wilson, Williams and Odrick have all been somewhat disappointments in there own right.

At the time landing a top 20 talent at #43 AND acquiring more picks in the process was the best scenario.
                      I agree. If you're going to be bitter about anything, be bitter about missing out on Dez. (damn that would of been amazing. *sigh*) Once he was gone, I think the move back to get Kindle where we did was one of the best things we could of done given the board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                        the only thing that could make a difference right away would be a CB or a pass rusher. We got the best value out of those positions w/ Sergio Kindle @ 43. Its very unlucky accident
                        I doubt even adding a CB would make much of a difference, we definitely need to address the DL first IMO. If we're going to keep Mattison around like I think we are, we need to add a pass-rushing UT and probably a LE that can get to the QB too. Opposing QBs just have too much time in the pocket, even adding a decent CB via the draft or free agency wouldn't really help us that much (unless it's a true #1 that can match up with the better and bigger receivers in the league).

I'm fairly confident that the team will let Washington walk and that we will keep at least one of Carr and Wilson. With Foxworth coming back next season that leaves us with Foxworth, Webb, Wilson and/or Carr, and maybe Cary Williams as well. I think we will really only have room to add one guy, and it needs to be a #1 or at the very least a top end #2 that can masquerade as a #1.

Comment

• overall prospect wise if we took Kindle or Cody at 25 no one would complain. We got both and chances are we got our future TE in the process. There is no point in debating, lets talk about Cleveland.

Comment

• Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
                            I doubt even adding a CB would make much of a difference, we definitely need to address the DL first IMO. If we're going to keep Mattison around like I think we are, we need to add a pass-rushing UT and probably a LE that can get to the QB too. Opposing QBs just have too much time in the pocket, even adding a decent CB via the draft or free agency wouldn't really help us that much (unless it's a true #1 that can match up with the better and bigger receivers in the league).

I'm fairly confident that the team will let Washington walk and that we will keep at least one of Carr and Wilson. With Foxworth coming back next season that leaves us with Foxworth, Webb, Wilson and/or Carr, and maybe Cary Williams as well. I think we will really only have room to add one guy, and it needs to be a #1 or at the very least a top end #2 that can masquerade as a #1.
                            I agree we need a complete overhaul with our front 7 basically. That is why Mattison is the worst DC in the NFL. The only player best suited for his system is Tavares Gooden.

I will admit though his play calling against Saints was a lot better.

Comment

• I wish we would have traded up for Dez Bryant...

Comment

• they were going to take Dan Williams. At the time, it would have been hard to argue that would have been a better pick than getting Kindle and Cody.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information