This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindle + Cody + the 3rd rounder >>>>>> just Dan Williams

Merry Christmas to all of you guys!! have a great, safe holiday season!

Comment

• Merry Christmas from your very favorite Steeler fan!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
        Kindle + Cody + the 3rd rounder >>>>>> just Dan Williams

Merry Christmas to all of you guys!! have a great, safe holiday season!
        Actually it would be Kindle + Dickson + Pitta, we had our second round pick and Cody likely would have been there regardless if we did that trade. I'm pretty happy with the trade myself, I think Kindle will be able to play football again and Dickson/Cody are both important pieces for the future of the team. Pitta could be valuable as well, but we're not really utilizing either of our rookie TEs this season with Heap and all the veteran receivers that we have to feed.

Comment

• We need to use 2 TE sets, that is why I originally bashed the Pitta pick because we dont even use 2 TE sets to begin with so take another one. If we use 2 TE sets then it would be effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
            We need to use 2 TE sets, that is why I originally bashed the Pitta pick because we dont even use 2 TE sets to begin with so take another one. If we use 2 TE sets then it would be effective.
            This... I was hoping Cam would be a lot more creative with the young TE's when we got them, I was hoping for a few 3 TE sets sometime this season... but Cams about as creative as a deaf dumb blind guy...(not the Pinball Wizard)

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
              Merry Christmas from your very favorite Steeler fan!!
              love ya Hines!!

and i agree its Cams fault we arent utilizing Dickson and Pitta. I have no problem w/ Pitta as a prospect I think he can be a nice checkdown for Flacco but we gotta utilize them.

Comment

• I actually think Pitta will turn out to be the better player. After watching so much of him in college, he reminded me of a smaller Jason Witten.

Hindsight is 20 20 and in no way am I blaming Ozzie, because no one could have predicted this whole mess with Kindle, but I would take McCourty over Kindle, Dickson, and Pitta. No offense to either of them, but Devin would have given us that #1 CB we've been lacking since the departure of C-Mac.

Comment

• This off season will be crucial for the future of Baltimore football.
                  There's a ton of 2011 contract players and even more aging, bruised up veterans. Offensively, 10 players (5 skill, 5 line) and defensively, 8 as well. Stud punter Sam Koch is will also be a free agent.
                  #1 PRIORITY
                  - Resign Haloti Ngata - Ozzie Newsome knows how to play his cards and who to pay, Ngata will retire in Baltimore.
                  ---------------------
                  LET GO- QB Marc Bulger - Soon to retire, low priority.
                  KEEP- RB LeRon McClain - Essential bruiser, high priority.
                  KEEP - WR TJ Houshmandzadeh - Crafty playmaker, medium, only if cheap.
                  KEEP - WR Donte Stallworth - Next year will be his best yet. medium.
                  LET GO -WR Marcus Smith - absolute bum. Very very low.
                  LET GO - OT Jared Gaither - Pricey and inconsistent, bye bye. Low.
                  LET GO - OT Tony Moll - better talent will be lurking. very low
                  KEEP - OG Marshall Yanda - Manbeast. Best on the team, arguably. High!
                  KEEP - OG Chris Chester - cheap, versatile leader. High.
                  LET GO - C David Hale -__-
                  With Ngata signed, that means a few defenders will hit the road.
                  LET GO- LB Dannell Ellerbe - in the dog house.
                  KEEP- LB Tavares Gooden - medium priority, needs to show more.
                  KEEP -LB Jameel McClain - high priority. Ray Lewis' most likely successor.
                  LET GO - CB Fabian Washington - Bye Bye, Way too inconsistent.
                  KEEP - CB Josh Wilson - Playmaker onces he plays with confidence.
                  KEEP -CB Chris Carr - Smart and solid, nothing special.
                  KEEP -S Dawan Landry - Medium priority, needs to show more as well.
                  KEEP -P Sam Koch - Best punter in the NFL, keeper for sure.
                  -- That leaves the team with a few holes; Let's consider age now,
                  + g.o.a.t LB Ray Lewis is 35, but I look for him to play for a few more years. Still, a replacement is calling. A young, athletic, energetic, leader of a LB is needed.
                  + WR Derrick Mason will most likely retire. A huge blow to lose a HOF player. If not this year, next will certainly be his last. With Housh also getting up in age, a young WR will be targeted in the draft.
                  + C, Matt Birk is 34. He's an animal but time isn't on his side. A smart, behemoth of a C is needed to learn all he can from a HOF player like Birk. 50% chance to retire, if not, next year like Mason.
                  + We all know S Ed Reed is always shaky about his future. Who knows what this man will do. Ozzie must prepare another athletic ballhawk to take over once hes gone. 75% chance to retire this year, please don't.
                  + Ayenbadejo is old and washed up, as good as gone, Kelly Gregg is nearing retirement as well AND McGahee's clock is ticking too.
                  __ Yes, I expect Mason, Bulger, Gaither, Smith, Moll, Hale, Ayenbadejo, Washington and Ellerbe to be elsewhere next year.
                  This sets up some very interesting needs.
                  Free agency will be huge, as will the draft. Baltimore must recongnize which positions strive for experience, knowledge and wit, and which they must draft for athleticism, potential, and development.
                  2011 FREE AGENCY ADDITIONS!
                  - Backup QB: Trent Edwards or Matt Moore.
                  - Starting RT: Tyson Clabo would be perfect.
                  - Starting CB:Carlos Rogers or Lito Shepperd would fit well.
                  - Passrushing OLB: Shawne Merriman!?? I doubt it, how about guys like Chris Gocong, Kamerion Wimbley, or Manny Lawson?
                  2011 DRAFT ADDITIONS!
                  1st - CB, Aaron Williams, Texas.
                  2nd - C, Stefan Wisniewski, Penn State.
                  3rd- OLB, Jeremy Beal, Oklahoma.
                  4th- ILB, Casey Matthews, Oregon.
                  5th - WR, James Cleveland, Houston.
                  6th- RB, Anthony Allen, Georgia Tech.
                  7th- FS, Marcus Gilchrist, Clemson.
                  ---
                  ---
                  Just imagine;
                  CB- Lito Sheppard
                  CB- Chris Carr
                  CB- Ladarius Webb
                  CB- Aaron Williams
                  and
                  Pass rushers; Suggs, Kindle, Lawson and Beal.
                  - Casey Matthews, the new Ray Lewis?

thats all
                  GO RAVENS

Comment

• So basically, if Pittsburgh beats Cleveland next week(1:00 game), then we can rest our starters.

If they lose, we have to beat Cincy to win the North and clinch home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Comment

• Gooden re dislocated his shoulder, i doubt we will bring him back. I just hope we have it all planned out because we got some good players still on their rookie deals.

Comment

• http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...-long-snapper/

Terrible news

Morgan Cox has been superb for us this year, never heard his name, which is what should happen with long snappers.

Harbaugh doesn't seem optimistic which means we may need to bring someone in.

the last thing I wanna see is long-snapping issues throughout the playoffs.

Comment

• ya he was a great LS, i am nervous a long snapper can really cost us.

Comment

• Koch wasn't as effective last season when Katula was sucking at long-snapping. This could be a pretty big loss, as a lot of times I think Koch pinning opponents deep in their own territory has as much effect on the game as the defense does.

Comment

• Just read that Kindle got arrested for DUI. I'll post a link when I find one.

Edit: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...d-for-DUI.html

Comment

• what an idiot.

I guess that fractured skull will leave some permanent damage.
                                Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz; 12-26-2010, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information