Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ya i still get nightmares thinking of daren stone. I made the 6 hour drive to pitt. I remember flacco was on fire the previous drive, he went 4-4 and we had that PI that got McGahee a TD. We have a 3 and out im pumped because we had a bit of hope. Leonard had a nice return but no Daren Stone had a genius idea to body slam a steeler 15 yards out of bounds after th whistle. Im glad that douche has never wore a NFL jersey again.

Comment

• If Kansas City rests there starters since they've already won the North, and loses against Oakland and Indianapolis beats Tennessee, then we will play KC instead.

Comment

• so its pretty much who will KC rather face A AFCN team (probably us) or th Jets.

Comment

• Josh Wilson you BAMF

Comment

• John Harbaugh said he's not resting the starters....

makes no sense to me. I like his explanation but really? We have the 5th seed all locked up, no one can take it and theres no way we move down to the 6th seed. I hope when he looks up at the scoreboard and Pittsburgh is beating Cleveland 24-0, he pulls guys like Reed, Lewis, Ngata, Flacco, Rice, Boldin, Mason, Birk, etc. There's no benefit in beating Cincy in my eyes. I don't believe "momentum" will play a big part in beating Indy/KC.

-
            Ravens Won’t Rest Players; Going For Win, Division

Fans have been discussing the benefits of resting Ravens players in Week 17 and simply getting ready for the first-round of the playoffs.

The Steelers matchup vs. the Browns is scheduled for the same 1 p.m. slot as the Ravens-Bengals game. The game’s outcome partly determines the Ravens’ division-winning chances.

That’s why Harbaugh admitted he will probably be scoreboard watching, but regardless of what happens in Cleveland, he intends to beat the Bengals.

"I’m sure we’ll be looking at the scoreboard… but we’re not pulling anybody out of the game. We’re trying to win," said Harbaugh.

Momentum is another key benefit of beating the Ravens’ division rival, as they could potentially head into the playoffs on a four-game winning streak.

"It’s our thing; it’s the situation we face," Harbaugh said. "So, we’re playing for something, so, we’ll play. Heck, it’d be great to have the No. 1 seed all wrapped up and be able to rest some guys, but we’re not in that situation.

"We’ve got something to play for. You continue to play, and you keep momentum going and you continue to improve."

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
              John Harbaugh said he's not resting the starters....

makes no sense to me. I like his explanation but really? We have the 5th seed all locked up, no one can take it and theres no way we move down to the 6th seed. I hope when he looks up at the scoreboard and Pittsburgh is beating Cleveland 24-0, he pulls guys like Reed, Lewis, Ngata, Flacco, Rice, Boldin, Mason, Birk, etc. There's no benefit in beating Cincy in my eyes. I don't believe "momentum" will play a big part in beating Indy/KC.

-
              Thats your opinion. But first of all anything is possible. Cleveland has been competitive and chances are that Pit wont blow them out.

Second of all, momentum can do wonders. I know last year both of the #1 seeds made it to the SB, but if you look at most years, teams with the most momentum make it to the SB.

Comment

• He is probably just going to starter his starters and then rest them as the game goes on. If Pitt is up by 20 or something he will start to pull some guys probably.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                  He is probably just going to starter his starters and then rest them as the game goes on. If Pitt is up by 20 or something he will start to pull some guys probably.
                  yeah. that's what I would do but when you read the quote I posted, it sounds like Harbaugh wants to win the game because the momentum of beating a lowly Bengals team should carry on into the playoffs.(makes no sense to me but w/e)

Comment

• Ray Lew, Suggs, Ngata, Reed, and Cundiff are pro bowlers. Koch, Grubbs, and McClain are first alternates, Flacco and Oher are third alternates, Rice, Boldin, and Landry are fourth alternates. Good for Cundiff though wasn't sure about him before the season but he's Matt Stover accurate but with a stronger leg. Best kick off guy in the league.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Honestly Im nervous Cundiff is going to get busted for HGH. He had 11 touch backs in 70 career games before this season. Now he has 38 in 15 games.

Comment

• Yeah there is definitely no explanation how he could improve so much exponentially, he's averaging like 5 yards more a kickoff than any other kicker in the league, before this year he was a mediocre kick off guy.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• ya it wont surprise me if any player in the NFL gets busted for HGH now adays.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                            Yeah there is definitely no explanation how he could improve so much exponentially, he's averaging like 5 yards more a kickoff than any other kicker in the league, before this year he was a mediocre kick off guy.
                            Confidence does wonders for some guys, and knowing he's "the guy" may have just clicked for him. Coupled with good special team coaching, maybe he just finally has the environment thats conducive to him.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...onsistent.aspx

great article on Flacco improvement

Comment

• I really hope we face Jacksonville in the playoffs.
                                Indy would give us some trouble
                                as would KC
                                Still, I love our chances.
                                GO RAVENS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information