X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
    Imagine Baltimore drafting Bruce Campbell
    Why would we want the crappy version of Jared Gaither? He cannot run block and he cannot play RT. I'm not sure if you were suggesting that it would a good or bad move. But let me tell you, it would be a very bad move.

Comment

• If we trade Gaither for a 2nd round pick this is what I'd like to happen;
      LT- Oher
      LG- Grubbs
      C- Birk
      RG- Yanda
      RT- Cousins
      - That's not too bad of a lineup considering the points everyone has brought up about the Gaither/Ngata conflict. I'd much rather have Ngata locked up & that starting Offensive line is pretty nice.
      GO RAVENS

Comment

• Early rumors have the Redskins and pick #36 and the Raiders and pick #39 interested in Gaither. I would assume alot of what the Raiders do is dependent on any McNabb developments though. If we DID manage to deal Gaither for a pick that high, Id like us to go Dline in the first, maybe Odrick, then possibly target someone like Kareem Jackson at the top of the 2nd. Or a pass rusher like Hughes.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          Early rumors have the Redskins and pick #36 and the Raiders and pick #39 interested in Gaither. I would assume alot of what the Raiders do is dependent on any McNabb developments though. If we DID manage to deal Gaither for a pick that high, Id like us to go Dline in the first, maybe Odrick, then possibly target someone like Kareem Jackson at the top of the 2nd. Or a pass rusher like Hughes.
          Yuck yuck and yuck lol. It seems you still believe the notion we'll be using a 3-4 type of defense still, or at least for the majority of the time.

Comment

• I believe we will be. Our personnel is perfect for, and used to, a 3-4 defense and while I agree the eventual change to a base 4-3 system is coming, it wont be this season. Both Odrick and Hughes are capable of playing in both systems, and Odrick would be a beast of a 3 tech next to Ngata in a 4-3. Hughes is just awesome no matter where he is playing, and could provide some much needed pass rush opposite Suggs. If they are drafted of course.

Im not buying that we will be running a base 4-3 this season, or even the season after.
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I believe we will be. Our personnel is perfect for, and used to, a 3-4 defense and while I agree the eventual change to a base 4-3 system is coming, it wont be this season. Both Odrick and Hughes are capable of playing in both systems, and Odrick would be a beast of a 3 tech next to Ngata in a 4-3. Hughes is just awesome no matter where he is playing, and could provide some much needed pass rush opposite Suggs. If they are drafted of course.

Im not buying that we will be running a base 4-3 this season, or even the season after.
              While I think that Odrick could play in the 4-3 (definitely not his ideal scheme IMO), Hughes really doesn't fit it on our team. I don't think either he or Suggs could play base end.

Comment

• Brandon Graham would be a great pickup because he can play DE and OLB.
                I still think it should be either Gresham or Dan Williams picked in the first round.
                GO RAVENS

Comment

• I'd love Graham.

and seriously guys, why does everyone think we'll be switching to a 4-3 permanently? Did Harbaugh ever say it?

I believe we'll will always run both 3-4 and 4-3 sets. Along with many other defenses.

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                    I'd love Graham.

and seriously guys, why does everyone think we'll be switching to a 4-3 permanently? Did Harbaugh ever say it?

I believe we'll will always run both 3-4 and 4-3 sets. Along with many other defenses.
                    I think we'll still be using 3-4 sets, just not in pressure situations. Last season when it came to third and medium/long Mattison primarily went with a 4-man line. As it stands right now I don't think our 3-4 sets need any/much help along the front seven, while the 4-man line does.

Comment

• The McNabb trade pretty much rules out the Redskins trying to get Gaither. I love that trade :).

Comment

• Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
                        The McNabb trade pretty much rules out the Redskins trying to get Gaither. I love that trade :).
                        it actually makes it more likely. They just got McNabb, so if Okung doesn't fall to them, they could very well be giving Ozzie Newsome a call.

Hell, maybe they even prefer Gaither > Okung and want to trade pre-draft. Who knows?

Comment

• I think he means the Skins no longer have the ammo to trade for Gaither. Unless they wanna ship us Fat Al. Which is just oh so much fun to imagine, but is completely unrealistic.

Comment

I think he means the Skins no longer have the ammo to trade for Gaither. Unless they wanna ship us Fat Al. Which is just oh so much fun to imagine, but is completely unrealistic.
                            The thought of Ngata and Haynesworth playing side by side entered my mind too. Ray would probably get like 200+ tackles. lol. But I know its never going to happen.

Comment

• Contract wise, it isnt feasible. But a defensive line consisting of Pryce, Ngata, Haynesworth, and Suggs would just be absolutely dominant. Those two DTs would make the 2000 group look like a bunch of pussies.

Comment

Contract wise, it isnt feasible. But a defensive line consisting of Pryce, Ngata, Haynesworth, and Suggs would just be absolutely dominant. Those two DTs would make the 2000 group look like a bunch of pussies.
                                lmao. the Raven games would look more like comedies instead of NFL Football. nobody could run on us, and opposing QB's would like about 3-4 seconds at most to throw..

but in reality..

is it really out of question that the Redskins won't give there 1st rounder for Gaither? I mean, they've had a history of trading picks, (yeah I know it's a new organization) but still, a 1st for Gaither isn't completely ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information