Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idc if a Steelers fan is here as long as there isnt trolling.

But, Isaac Bruce is somewhere close on that reception list and i dont think anyone would say he deserves to be in.

Ward only has 2-3 all pros and 4 pro bowls(pro bowls not the best reasoning)

I just have a hard time saying he should get in when guys like Carter and Reed arent in especially when you look at the WR of this era.

There is no debate that

Moss
    Owens
    Harrison
    Fitzgerald
    Andre Johnson

are better WRs.

Then guys like

Reggie WAyne
    Holt
    Ocho Cinco
    Boldin
    Smith

are close to skill wise and you could make a debate about it.

WArd is a great WR yes, but I think it will be tough for him to make the HOF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
      And I'm one of those who believe Hines Ward will be inducted into the Hall of Fame, eventually. Not first ballot, not second ballot, but eventually. Allow me to explain:

#8 most receptions in NFL history (tied with Randy Moss), #21 most receiving yards in NFL history, #19 most receiving TD's in NFL history.

All of this with the "and counting" at the end, even though I think he'll retire at the end of next year.

Again, not saying he deserves it more than other guys, Moss, Owens, Holt, Bruce, Carter, all those guys will enter before, but I do think he'll get in eventually.

And with that I leave. I know you probably don't want a Steelers fan here :S

/end post
      /stop posting on Ravens board
      Wines Hard will not be a HOFer. Period. I don't think at any point in his career he was a top 10 WR let alone a top 5 WR and an elite player.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
        Wines Hard will not be a HOFer. Period. I don't think at any point in his career he was a top 10 WR let alone a top 5 WR and an elite player.
        What are you talking about dude? Ward is a top 5 AND elite WR right now.

just kidding, just kidding

Anyways, I saw that you guys have 3 FA CB's, who do you think is retained? Is Fabian Washington the odd man out? Maybe too leave? I'm assuming that Carr and Webb will be the starters and Wilson the nickel.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
          What are you talking about dude? Ward is a top 5 AND elite WR right now.

just kidding, just kidding

Anyways, I saw that you guys have 3 FA CB's, who do you think is retained? Is Fabian Washington the odd man out? Maybe too leave? I'm assuming that Carr and Webb will be the starters and Wilson the nickel.
          Are you kidding? Hines Ward isn't even the best WR on his own team. He isn't close to being a top 5 or elite WR in today's game.
          I'd take any of these guys over him.

Andre johnson
          Larry Fitzgerald
          Reggie Wayne
          Calvin Johnson
          A.J. Green
          Greg Jennings
          Anquan Boldin
          Dwayne Bowe
          Roddy White
          Mike Wallace
          Brandon Marshall
          Santonio Holmes
          Stevie Johnson
          Jerome Simpson
          Pierre Garçon
          Miles Austin
          Dez Bryant
          Desean Jackson
          Jeremy Maclin
          Ray Rice
          Sidney Rice
          Michael Crabtree
          Etc
          I hope I misread your post or something, because there's no way Hines Ward is even close to being a top 5 WR right now.

An as for your CB question, hopefully it'll play out like this-
          Let Fabian go
          Keep Carr
          Somewhere in the draft, take a corner
          Foxworth-Wildon-Carr-Webb-draft pick. That what I would like to see.
          Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz; 01-16-2011, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• Time to start thinkin about goin a new way at QB, Flacco is complete garbage! And lets stop bitchin about the refs even with that holding call we got the ball deep in their territory. If you can't get in the endzone you don't deserve to win. This team is a ****** embarassment to the city of Baltimore.

And the Ravens/Steelers is no longer a rivalry, we would actually have to win a big game against them for it to be a rivalry. Its really just one team that completely owns another.

Revamp the WR core, revap the offensive line since we seem to wanna run the best OLman we have out of town, Revamp the defense completely. ****** embarassment
            HALL OF FAMER!
            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
              Ward is almost a lock to get in the HOF. You apparently aren't looking at the whole picture, which the HOF committee does. He changed the game from a WR's standpoint. Receivers are now expected to block. He has his own rule. He was also a pioneer of sorts where the draft is concerned. He wasn't a true full time receiver in college, he was an athlete prospect who played QB, RB, WR, and DB at Georgia. He has two SB rings, one SB MVP, and is the Steelers all-time leading receiver in every category. He's 5th all-time in post season receptions. The fact that he's half Asian is a feather in his HOF cap as well. He's been a model citizen off the field, so there are no issues there. With one more season he will likely be over 1,000 career receptions, nearing 100 career TD's, and could approach 13,000 career receiving yards with a solid year, so even without the things I already mentioned he has a shot at the HOF by his numbers alone.

So he wasn't an elite receiver during the stretch from 2001-2003 when he averaged 100 receptions, 1,165 yards receiving, and 9 TD's per year while playing on a run first team with a less than great QB? He was a Pro Bowler 4 years in a row as well (2001-2004).

Comment

• Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                Time to start thinkin about goin a new way at QB, Flacco is complete garbage! This team is a ****** embarassment to the city of Baltimore.
                Its really just one team that completely owns another.
                Revamp the WR core, revap the offensive line since we seem to wanna run the best OLman we have out of town, Revamp the defense completely. ****** embarassment
                - I feel your pain, but you're wrong on so many different levels.
                1) Flacco did have a poor game, but his offensive line is border line horrible in pass protection. I don't think you understand how difficult it is to coach a QB into a scheme and get him comfortable with the offense. Flacco needs better composure and field vision, yes I agree, but a new QB in town is not what we need. Flacco is a top 10 NFL QB, but you're right, he must improve next season. I wouldn't mind seeing us pick up a free agent in the draft.
                2) The Ravens are NOT a disappointment to Baltimore. We played a tough game, and we've been blessed to be one of the best teams in the NFL for a few years now. They didn't execute and we're all extremely disappointed, but our team is not a disappointment by any means.
                3) One team owns another? Yeah Pittsburgh's been winning the rivalry lately, but thats not to say every game isn't a hell of a ball game. Of course it's a rivalry, Pitt just has a faster defense and a better QB. Big Ben kills us everytime, but it's still one of the best rivalries in the NFL.
                ---------------
                My thoughts after this game;
                - I absolutely hate Marcus Smith. The guy gets all dressed up to sit to bench -_- then when he actually DOES play, he holds, and then is loud about it. C'mon son, you're a clown. I doubt he'll be back, he's horrible.
                - Our offensive line is atrocious. We NEED Gaither back at LT, move Oher over to RT. Then we got Birk at Center for another year, and we can get Grubbs and Yanda back at Guard. Chester is pathetic, he should be gone as well.
                - We need to draft youth on the O-line. We need big mean maulers in the run game to revamp Ray Rice. (who also played like ****) I want the biggest baddest run blockers the draft has to offer. Look for;
                - OG, Ben Ijalana, Villanova (3rd)
                - OG, Justin Boren, OU (5th)
                - OG, Thomas Claiborne, BC (6th-7th)
                GO RAVENS

Comment

• Originally posted by Day One Pick View Post
                  Ward is almost a lock to get in the HOF. You apparently aren't looking at the whole picture, which the HOF committee does. He changed the game from a WR's standpoint. Receivers are now expected to block. He has his own rule. He was also a pioneer of sorts where the draft is concerned. He wasn't a true full time receiver in college, he was an athlete prospect who played QB, RB, WR, and DB at Georgia. He has two SB rings, one SB MVP, and is the Steelers all-time leading receiver in every category. He's 5th all-time in post season receptions. The fact that he's half Asian is a feather in his HOF cap as well. He's been a model citizen off the field, so there are no issues there. With one more season he will likely be over 1,000 career receptions, nearing 100 career TD's, and could approach 13,000 career receiving yards with a solid year, so even without the things I already mentioned he has a shot at the HOF by his numbers alone.

So he wasn't an elite receiver during the stretch from 2001-2003 when he averaged 100 receptions, 1,165 yards receiving, and 9 TD's per year while playing on a run first team with a less than great QB? He was a Pro Bowler 4 years in a row as well (2001-2004).

You cant say Ward is a lock when Cris Carter isnt even in. Come one now yout getting ridiculous.

Comment

• I think we need to make Gaither a big apology note for the media being ******* pushing for the storybook Oher at LT cause of that stupid ******* movie!!!!!

We get Gaither back at LT, Oher to RT. Yanda at RG we are set. O line was and will actually be able to run up the middle.

Then we gotta get some young D talent. IDC what position it is we can use youth everywhere execept DT.

Im also wondering if Harbaugh is even a good coach. These 2nd half flops are flat out embarassing. And some of it boils down to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                      You cant say Ward is a lock when Cris Carter isnt even in. Come one now yout getting ridiculous.
                      I think Mason and Hines SHOULD be in the HOF. Hall of Fame is all about numbers, and they have the numbers to get in. It might take a while, but they'll get in IMO.

Comment

• I agree with everything being said about Jared Gaither.

When he's back on this offense, our line is one of the best(if not THE best) in the league. Yanda is a Pro Bowler at Guard, Oher is a Pro Bowler at RT but when they are forced to move out of position they struggle.

With that said, once the o-line is set, the run game will be back on track, which establishes play-action, which makes things so much easier for Flacco and the passing game.

Comment

• Gaither-Grubbs-Birk-Yanda-Oher

that is 4 guys who will be in the mix for the pro bowl and a veteran knowledgeable C.

We will see how retirement is, if i hope our veterans can come back for one more year like Mason, LEwis, Reed. I dont give a flying **** if Hoosh comes back.

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                            Are you kidding? Hines Ward isn't even the best WR on his own team. He isn't close to being a top 5 or elite WR in today's game.
                            I'd take any of these guys over him.

Andre johnson
                            Larry Fitzgerald
                            Reggie Wayne
                            Calvin Johnson
                            A.J. Green
                            Greg Jennings
                            Anquan Boldin
                            Dwayne Bowe
                            Roddy White
                            Mike Wallace
                            Brandon Marshall
                            Santonio Holmes
                            Stevie Johnson
                            Jerome Simpson
                            Pierre Garçon
                            Miles Austin
                            Dez Bryant
                            Desean Jackson
                            Jeremy Maclin
                            Ray Rice
                            Sidney Rice
                            Michael Crabtree
                            Etc
                            I hope I misread your post or something, because there's no way Hines Ward is even close to being a top 5 WR right now.

An as for your CB question, hopefully it'll play out like this-
                            Let Fabian go
                            Keep Carr
                            Somewhere in the draft, take a corner
                            Foxworth-Wildon-Carr-Webb-draft pick. That what I would like to see.
                            White text my friend, white text :)

Good to know about the CBs. Also, I'm guessing there's no way you let Yanda go, right?

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
                              - I feel your pain, but you're wrong on so many different levels.
                              1) Flacco did have a poor game, but his offensive line is border line horrible in pass protection. I don't think you understand how difficult it is to coach a QB into a scheme and get him comfortable with the offense. Flacco needs better composure and field vision, yes I agree, but a new QB in town is not what we need. Flacco is a top 10 NFL QB, but you're right, he must improve next season. I wouldn't mind seeing us pick up a free agent in the draft.
                              2) The Ravens are NOT a disappointment to Baltimore. We played a tough game, and we've been blessed to be one of the best teams in the NFL for a few years now. They didn't execute and we're all extremely disappointed, but our team is not a disappointment by any means.
                              3) One team owns another? Yeah Pittsburgh's been winning the rivalry lately, but thats not to say every game isn't a hell of a ball game. Of course it's a rivalry, Pitt just has a faster defense and a better QB. Big Ben kills us everytime, but it's still one of the best rivalries in the NFL.
                              ---------------
                              My thoughts after this game;
                              - I absolutely hate Marcus Smith. The guy gets all dressed up to sit to bench -_- then when he actually DOES play, he holds, and then is loud about it. C'mon son, you're a clown. I doubt he'll be back, he's horrible.
                              - Our offensive line is atrocious. We NEED Gaither back at LT, move Oher over to RT. Then we got Birk at Center for another year, and we can get Grubbs and Yanda back at Guard. Chester is pathetic, he should be gone as well.
                              - We need to draft youth on the O-line. We need big mean maulers in the run game to revamp Ray Rice. (who also played like ****) I want the biggest baddest run blockers the draft has to offer. Look for;
                              - OG, Ben Ijalana, Villanova (3rd)
                              - OG, Justin Boren, OU (5th)
                              - OG, Thomas Claiborne, BC (6th-7th)

1. I understand how difficult it is to play football, and adapt to schemes and be comfortable......it's been 3 years he's not gonna get it, he is complete garbage. You're crazy if you think he is a top 10 NFL QB. And I'd rather start over now then spend 3 more years on this clown just to see what we all know now, he is not the answer.

2. Our team is a complete disappointment and embarassment to this city, run your mouth and then get clowned on national television is embarassing!

3. Who gives a **** if they are close games or blowouts, a loss is a loss. When you continually pile up losses against someone they own you. Pittsburgh owns us, its no longer a rivalry. We look at it as a rivalry out of jealousy, Steelers fans know they're gonna win everytime they play us in a big game, thats not a rivalry.

We still need to get one of the young impact WRs over anything else. WR is the worst position on this team, because there is no hope at the position they're all old and finished. At least at CB we have some youth, you can be hopeful they might develope.
                              HALL OF FAMER!
                              PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                              JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

• 1. I understand how difficult it is to play football, and adapt to schemes and be comfortable......it's been 3 years he's not gonna get it, he is complete garbage. You're crazy if you think he is a top 10 NFL QB. And I'd rather start over now then spend 3 more years on this clown just to see what we all know now, he is not the answer.

"Flacco's not the answer", "throw him out", "cut him". yeah right... gimmie a break dude. You're so quick to throw Flacco under the bus yet you defended your boy Kyle Boller for the longest time. Look how he turned out.... This franchise has had winning playoff season ever since Flacco got here(and Boller left) We could be a lot worse.

2. Our team is a complete disappointment and embarassment to this city, run your mouth and then get clowned on national television is embarassing!

We make the playoffs for the third straight year, we win in the playoffs, for a third straight yet, yet we are a complete disappointment? Why don't you go cheer for another team then? You only show up on these forums after we lose games anyways, obviously this team isn't good enough for you. Again, there are tons of teams that are in a lot worse shape than the Ravens.

We still need to get one of the young impact WRs over anything else. WR is the worst position on this team, because there is no hope at the position they're all old and finished. At least at CB we have some youth, you can be hopeful they might develope.

WR is not the weakest position on this team, we have great possession guys in Boldin and Mason, we just need someone to stretch the field. Dickson should play a greater role next year, we always have Rice outta the backfield and hopefully David Reed is used more next year as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information