This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
    1. I understand how difficult it is to play football, and adapt to schemes and be comfortable......it's been 3 years he's not gonna get it, he is complete garbage. You're crazy if you think he is a top 10 NFL QB. And I'd rather start over now then spend 3 more years on this clown just to see what we all know now, he is not the answer.

"Flacco's not the answer", "throw him out", "cut him". yeah right... gimmie a break dude. You're so quick to throw Flacco under the bus yet you defended your boy Kyle Boller for the longest time. Look how he turned out.... This franchise has had winning playoff season ever since Flacco got here(and Boller left) We could be a lot worse.

2. Our team is a complete disappointment and embarassment to this city, run your mouth and then get clowned on national television is embarassing!

We make the playoffs for the third straight year, we win in the playoffs, for a third straight yet, yet we are a complete disappointment? Why don't you go cheer for another team then? You only show up on these forums after we lose games anyways, obviously this team isn't good enough for you. Again, there are tons of teams that are in a lot worse shape than the Ravens.

We still need to get one of the young impact WRs over anything else. WR is the worst position on this team, because there is no hope at the position they're all old and finished. At least at CB we have some youth, you can be hopeful they might develope.

WR is not the weakest position on this team, we have great possession guys in Boldin and Mason, we just need someone to stretch the field. Dickson should play a greater role next year, we always have Rice outta the backfield and hopefully David Reed is used more next year as well.
    Yea I was quick to defend Boller and I learned my lesson. Flacco is a slightly more talented Boller. He continues to not progress and make the same mistakes game after game year after year. Not sayin throw him out and cut him, but an upgrade is needed.

They are a complete disappointment, and I came in here all year win or lose. in the playoffs I always stay away until its over because thats my superstition, thats my routine. And no Im not gonna go root for somebody else, because I love my ******* team. But so what if you go to the playoffs every year, don't mean **** unless you win it all!

Our WRs are pathetic, slow old WRs that don't get solid seperation consistently.

Dickson better have a bigger role next year, he should have already had a bigger role on this team, we consistently waste talent. Why sign Stallowrth to leave him on the bench? This team has a laundry list of problems and we need to start fixin them instead of just puttin a bandage on them that holds for a bit then falls apart when it matters most.
    HALL OF FAMER!
    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
      You cant say Ward is a lock when Cris Carter isnt even in. Come one now yout getting ridiculous.
      I said almost a lock, and Chris Carter not being it yet has nothing to do with Chris Carter the player. It has everything to do with the young, drug addict Chris Carter. He will get in though.

Comment

• Flacco improved every year ERU.

And I agree we need a spark in the WR corp. I also agree Dickson should get more time, I love DIckson talent.

Im begining to question Harbaugh as a coach, the talent is obvioujsly there but our flops the past 2 years are the most frustrating thing ever. And these 2nd half flops are just embarssing. Ask Madden was better then some **** that Cameron and Mattison called throughout the season and nothing really seemed to change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Day One Pick View Post
          The fact that he's half Asian is a feather in his HOF cap as well.
          lol darnik. I'm sure that will push him over the top.

Comment

Flacco improved every year ERU.

And I agree we need a spark in the WR corp. I also agree Dickson should get more time, I love DIckson talent.

Im begining to question Harbaugh as a coach, the talent is obvioujsly there but our flops the past 2 years are the most frustrating thing ever. And these 2nd half flops are just embarssing. Ask Madden was better then some **** that Cameron and Mattison called throughout the season and nothing really seemed to change.
            I honestly can't see where Harbaugh is the problem. The team isn't giving up out there, they're always playing hard and that's the main responsibility of the head coach IMO. The game-plans on both sides of the ball is what gets us into trouble. Maybe Harbaugh should be more assertive, but he doesn't really have experience on either offense or defense since he has a special teams background. If we fire Harbaugh it will be the biggest mistake we could possibly make.

Receiver is definitely one of the weak spots on this team and we need to bring in a guy that will be able to get separation quickly and/or be able to get deep. However, whoever we bring in also needs to be able to get on the field (AKA get an OC who can field a balanced team). Stallworth has plenty of speed but Cameron never utilized him correctly or enough.

The weakest spot on the team has definitely been the offensive line IMO. Oher should be moved back to the right side, but I don't think that's going to happen. He and Grubbs rely too much on athleticism and not technique so they make a bad pairing on the left side of the line, instead of a balanced pair like Gaither (who has both tecnique and athleticism) and Grubbs on the left and Yanda and Oher on the right. Birk has declined as well and he doesn't get that push in the running game that we desperately need up the middle. I'd be 100% behind bringing Gaither back to play LT, but I just don't think the FO will do that and IDK how much Gaither wants to return.

Comment

Flacco improved every year ERU.

Has he?

He still gets rattled by a pass rush

He still overthrows simple throws

He still keys in on certain guys and leaves others out of the game

He still hasn't beaten the Steelers with Ben starting

He still hasn't led the team to victory with the division at stake

He still lacks touch on throws over 20 yards

In big games he crumbles. Yes he has seen improvements in his numbers each year, but he still doesn't get "it".

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
                I honestly can't see where Harbaugh is the problem. The team isn't giving up out there, they're always playing hard and that's the main responsibility of the head coach IMO. The game-plans on both sides of the ball is what gets us into trouble. Maybe Harbaugh should be more assertive, but he doesn't really have experience on either offense or defense since he has a special teams background. If we fire Harbaugh it will be the biggest mistake we could possibly make.
                Yes I may have overreacted saying we have to fire Harbs now but I bash him because he has the ultimate authority. He could say to MAttison or Cameron to cut this crap out but he hasnt because they kept up their stupid stuff all year.

Also bout Flacco he has improved statistically this season and his accuracy has improved bit IMO. Granted he will probably never develop into elite QB but he can be at a level where he is around for the future
                Last edited by Ravens1991; 01-16-2011, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• I really don't think Mattison or Cameron could change much, it's just they're style of play-calling. It could work with other teams, but just not this one the way the personnel is now. Cameron specifically would have to change a ton of stuff to really maximize the potential on offense, starting with the designs of routes for the receivers we have/had. Mattison got better later in the year, but he's still not an ideal fit for the defensive front we have. We need to add a pass-rusher or two regardless if he's brought back but his passive stance just doesn't fit what we have to work with. Basically what I'm getting at is that no matter what Harbaugh could say to either of them nothing would change much.

Comment

• Sucks if Jets win. Would have been a home playoff game for the super bowl.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Ya im about to lose it and get into pottery or something. I cant believe or take this.

Comment

• god just seeing the Jets win gets me frustrated even more. I hate football

Comment

• yeah, with the Jets winning, I have to force myself to root for Pittsburgh in the AFC.

Still pulling for GB to win it all.

Comment

• The Jets showing how you win with a young QB, GIVE HIM DEEP THREATS!

Fire Ozzie Newsome, he's become a joke

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• I think the Ravens have spent too much time, effort, and draft picks getting a bunch of "tough guys." Now they need some skill players at the WR and CB positions. They could also use a scat back type. Perhaps Noel Devine or someone comparable.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                                The Jets showing how you win with a young QB, GIVE HIM DEEP THREATS!

Fire Ozzie Newsome, he's become a joke
                                what deep threats did you want him to pick up for us?

from twitter looks like Washington and McClain are gone. McClain last tweet was "UFA!!!!" sucks but he isnt irreplaceable.
                                Last edited by Ravens1991; 01-17-2011, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information