Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Mattison didnt blow the covergae on 3rd and 19 or turn the ball over three times in our own territory. Did I think he was great.....no, but you guys act like he is the main problem and he isn't. It's a lack of talent on the field.
    HALL OF FAMER!
    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

• Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
      Greg Mattison didnt blow the covergae on 3rd and 19 or turn the ball over three times in our own territory. Did I think he was great.....no, but you guys act like he is the main problem and he isn't. It's a lack of talent on the field.
      No, but he called the play that almost assured Roethlisberger of a clean pocket to throw in. It's not the first time he went too conservative either, we've all seen his prevent(win) defense multiple times the last two seasons.

I agree with your point about the offense losing the game though.

Comment

• the guy had some of the worst calls I ever saw during the season. Im not blaming him for the steelers lose but his gameplans were pathetic. Prevent D when your up by 7. WTF.

Comment

• It was the right defense the players just didnt execute the call, and he got hung out to dry for it. Were some of his game plans questionable.....absolutely. But when it comes to defense I tend to blame the players more than the coaches.
          HALL OF FAMER!
          PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
          JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

• Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
            Greg Mattison didnt blow the covergae on 3rd and 19 or turn the ball over three times in our own territory. Did I think he was great.....no, but you guys act like he is the main problem and he isn't. It's a lack of talent on the field.
            I agree in the sense that players win and lose games, not coaches. But as a coordinator, you have to know your personnel and call your defense accordingly. You have to play to your strengths. Mattison didn't do that effectively. It's no secret that the weakness of our defense overall is in the secondary. So by rushing only 3 in key situations, which he did numerous times on Saturday and throughout the season, he is giving the opposing QB all day to throw and is letting the WR's routes develop which is actually putting more pressure on the DB's to hold their coverage for longer. This defense is built around the front seven and will thrive if put pressure on the QB. When we don't make an effort do that, this defense struggles.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not nearly as excited about Matty leaving as others. Sure an upgrade could have been used, but Cam is the only one who I wanted to see gone, and hes still here. (as of right now at least)

Comment

• I agree Cam is the worst, but Mattison was bad too. He had his times when even Cameron had better game plans then him. Now we just got to keep our fingers crossed Cam leaves.

Comment

• Pagano is supposed to be a lot more aggressive than Mattison - Great news IMO

Also, I know Harbaugh said Cam's job is safe, but I think he still needs to hear Steve Biscotti and Ozzie Newsomes opinion before he makes the final call.

Comment

• Harbs said at the press conference that we were going to overhaul and build this O from the ground up. What are your thoughts with that? Honestly we arent old anywhere but C and WR. So IDK why we would need a complete overhaul.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                      Harbs said at the press conference that we were going to overhaul and build this O from the ground up. What are your thoughts with that? Honestly we arent old anywhere but C and WR. So IDK why we would need a complete overhaul.
                      Could mean a different scheme.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                        Could mean a different scheme.
                        I'd like that, but with us keeping Cameron I wonder how much we can really change it.

Comment

• Appaently harb is going to help create the system this year. it should be interesting because he doesnt have O credentials, but he does have common sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                            Appaently harb is going to help create the system this year. it should be interesting because he doesnt have O credentials, but he does have common sense.
                            How much change will he actually implement? I don't know. But I don't think anyone here is going to complain about a refreshed offensive approach. It's nice to see that Harbs recognizes something needs to change there. The Harbaugh's have always put run a lot two back sets, multiple TE packages with a physical running game and a passing game based off play action. If this is any indication, I'd be happy to see the offense move in that direction.

Comment

• if we wanna get physical like that we need Yanda at RG. Chester isnt physical enough to pound the rock up the middle 25 times a game.

The Ravens presently have the following 29 players under contract for 2011 (with 2011 base salaries):

QBs (1): Joe Flacco ($4.485M)

RBs (2): Willis McGahee ($6M), Ray Rice ($555K)

WRs (4): Anquan Boldin ($6M), Derrick Mason ($4.5M), David Reed ($405K), James Hardy ($480K)

TE (4): Todd Heap ($4.6M), Ed Dickson ($405K), Dennis Pitta ($405K), Davon Drew ($405K)

OL (4): Michael Oher ($630K), Matt Birk ($3M), Ben Grubbs ($795K), Ramon Harewood ($405K)

DL (6): Kelly Gregg ($3.5M), Cory Redding ($2.5M), Terrence Cody ($405K), Brandon McKinney ($1.4M), Paul Kruger ($480K), Arthur Jones ($405K)

LBs (5): Ray Lewis ($4.5M), Terrell Suggs ($3.4M), Jarret Johnson ($3.5M), Brendon Ayanbadejo ($775K), Jason Phillips ($480K)

CBs (2): Domonique Foxworth ($4.4M), Lardarius Webb ($480K)

S (1): Ed Reed ($6.5M)

The following 8 players are Exclusive Rights Free Agents (EFAs):

LS – Morgan Cox

LB – Dannell Ellerbe

LB – Sergio Kindle

RB – Matt Lawrence

OT – Bryan Mattison

OC – Daniel Sanders

DT – Kelly Talavou

CB – Carey Williams

The following 8 players are Restricted Free Agents (RFAs):

OL - Oniel Cousins (3rd)

DT - Lamar Divens (Undrafted – No Compensation)

LB - Tavares Gooden (3rd)

LB - Jameel McClain (Undrafted – No Compensation)

S - Haruki Nakamura (6th)

RB - Jalen Parmele (Undrafted – No Compensation)

WR - Marcus Smith (3rd)

S - Tom Zbikowski (3rd)

The following 17 players are Unrestricted Free Agents (UFAs) and - unless Franchised or re-signed - are allowed to sign with any team once the FA period begins (hopefully) in March:

QB – Marc Bulger

LB – Prescott Burgess

CB – Chris Carr

OG – Chris Chester

PK – Billy Cundiff

OT – Jared Gaither

LS – Kevin Houser

WR – TJ Houshmandzadeh

P- Sam Koch

S – Dawan Landry

RB – Le’Ron McClain

OT – Tony Moll

DT – Haloti Ngata

WR Donte Stallworth

CB – Fabian Washington

CB – Josh Wilson

OG – Marshall Yanda

http://ravens24x7.com/columns/The-Mo...84fc778aa21d,0

We have 94 million dollars in signed players, and the last salary cap was 136 mil.

looking at that Greg and even McGahee maybe cap casualites assuming the cap is anywhere near what the cap was this season.

Comment

• Foxworth is also likely to be a cap casualty - his cap number next season will be $7.4m (assuming similar cap rules). McGahee's will be $8.5m - far too much for a goal line back - and I would think he will be released after June 1 when the dead money accrued would be spread over the next few seasons instead of just 2011 (assuming he isnt traded/re-negotiates his contract which are unlikely imo).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information