This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    Awful mock. Why the hell would we draft a RB in the third? Especially a slow, unexplosive one?
    -Awful? Are you serious?
    We all agree Jimmy Smith is a beast, end of discussion.
    Jeremy Beal has a ton of potential as a 3-4 OLB, he sure as hell isn't awful by any means. I love his explosion and energy. A lot of potential there.
    Royster is a ******* steal, are you kidding me? You don't become Penn States all time leading rusher by being awful.. Have you seen Baltimore try to run the ball up the gut? it's horrendous. Royster is a powerful, short yardage back, that will get our run game going again. C'mon son, just look him up.
    If you think Cecil Shorts is awful you're absolutely the dumbest kid on these forums. Cecil is amazing, maybe you should look him up too son.
    The rest of them, Tejay Johnson is incredible.
    Brad Jefferson is a ******* beast, but I bet you've never heard of him either right?
    Cortez Allen is a project, I just like his game a lot. Could be a FS too.
    Looks like you've got some work to do boy.
    GO RAVENS

Comment

• Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
      1st- CB, Jimmy Smith, Colorado.
      2nd-OLB, Jeremy Beal, Oklahoma.
      3rd-RB, Evan Royster, Penn St.
      4th-WR, Cecil Shorts, Mt. Union.
      5th-FS, Tejay Johnson, TCU.
      6th-ILB, Brad Jefferson, Georgia Tech.
      7th-CB, Cortez Allen, Citadel.
      - I love it. what does everyone think?
      I think we need to draft a OT or a Center

I'm good with the Jimmy Smith pick depending on who else is available when we pick. Royster I would be OK with as well depending on what we do with Willis and with Webb already on the roster I wouldn't want us to draft another "project" player in Allen I would rather see us draft another guy like Harewood late in the draft..

Comment

-Awful? Are you serious?
        Jeremy Beal has a ton of potential as a 3-4 OLB, he sure as hell isn't awful by any means. I love his explosion and energy. A lot of potential there.
        Royster is a ******* steal, are you kidding me? You don't become Penn States all time leading rusher by being awful.. Have you seen Baltimore try to run the ball up the gut? it's horrendous. Royster is a powerful, short yardage back, that will get our run game going again. C'mon son, just look him up.
        If you think Cecil Shorts is awful you're absolutely the dumbest kid on these forums. Cecil is amazing, maybe you should look him up too son.
        Brad Jefferson is a ******* beast, but I bet you've never heard of him either right?
        NO to Evan Royster. We don't need a running back. The problem with our short yardage package this year wasn't the running backs, it was our line.

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
          NO to Evan Royster. We don't need a running back. The problem with our short yardage package this year wasn't the running backs, it was our line.
          Pretty much, although I'd say that McGahee isn't really a great short-yardage back due to his running style. Royster wouldn't be an upgrade in that role anyways, wasting a third round pick on a situational player (especially a RB when we have Rice) just can't happen with the needs we have across the board.

Comment

• would anyone be opposed to cutting McGahee(id be sad to see it but its the nature of the business) and having McClain fill his role. Meanwhile we spend like a 5th on a blocking FB and a special teams ace.

Comment

• I think everyone on the forum is in agreement on that Ravens, cut Willis unless he wants to restructure his deal so we could sign McClain.

I think there will be a veteran blocking back we could bring in vs drafting one.

Comment

-Awful? Are you serious?
                Beal has looked atrocious so far at the Senior Bowl. He isn't explosive and he has no pass rush moves whatsoever. Keep him the hell away from our team, there are a plurality of pass rushers who would be much better for us. Royster is slow, unathletic and regressed seriously this past season. Moreover, RB is one of our deepest positions, why in god's name would we spend a third round pick there? Hell, keep Raymell on the field in goal line situations, I dont give a ****. Thats a wasted pick.

Id love our first 5 rounds to work out something like

1) Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
                2) Titus Young, WR, Boise State
                3) James Carpenter, OT, Alabama
                4) Alex Wujciak, LB, Maryland
                5) John Moffitt, C, Wisconsin

Id explode from enthusiasm if our draft worked out like that.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                  Beal has looked atrocious so far at the Senior Bowl. He isn't explosive and he has no pass rush moves whatsoever. Keep him the hell away from our team, there are a plurality of pass rushers who would be much better for us. Royster is slow, unathletic and regressed seriously this past season. Moreover, RB is one of our deepest positions, why in god's name would we spend a third round pick there? Hell, keep Raymell on the field in goal line situations, I dont give a ****. Thats a wasted pick.

Id love our first 5 rounds to work out something like

1) Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
                  2) Titus Young, WR, Boise State
                  3) James Carpenter, OT, Alabama
                  4) Alex Wujciak, LB, Maryland
                  5) John Moffitt, C, Wisconsin

Id explode from enthusiasm if our draft worked out like that.

Just saying, but Woodley looked like **** during the Senior Bowl as well and he's had an OK career so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                    Just saying, but Woodley looked like **** during the Senior Bowl as well and he's had an OK career so far.
                    Woodley was also an animal in college. I really wanted him on the Ravens that year. Beal has done nothing to impress me his entire college career. I don't think the guy is a success at the next level.
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                      I agree. Bad performances in the senior bowl aren't good, but they definitely are more overrated than anything.

Comment

• I agree about Beal... Woodley was knocked because of his height coming out... not because of his motor

Comment

• Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
                          I agree about Beal... Woodley was knocked because of his height coming out... not because of his motor
                          They also thought he couldn't play in coverage as a LB and wasn't big enough to put his hand on the ground to play DE.

Comment

• Woodley was also perceived as lacking athleticism as well. Didn't test overly well. That said, all you had to do was put on the tape and see what he did at Michigan to realize how great of a player he could be. Beal isn't the same sort of player as Woodley.

Comment

• McGahee can definitely get cut.
                              I love him as a player, but he's getting old and a bit worn down.
                              The team would benefit a whole lot more if they got a few offensive lineman in free agency. 1 center and 1 guard.
                              RESIGN GAITHER PLEASE

PS, Alex Wujciak, LB, Maryland is not an NFL linebacker.
                              he runs a 4.9 thats horrible for our defense.
                              we need someone who can cover TEs and RBs.
                              someone who runs a 4.5-4.6
                              GO RAVENS

Comment

• Wujciak will be a starter in the NFL. He's too smart and instinctive not to be. I love him in a 3-4.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information