Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would hope thats not true, because siding with Cam over your franchise QB is just mind boggling to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by thegreatone View Post
      I would hope thats not true, because siding with Cam over your franchise QB is just mind boggling to me.
      Maybe behind closed doors they don't think he's a franchise QB......but prolly more likely that the report is wrong.

As for Willis, I would not cut him.....you dont have to give Ray Rice a new deal til after next year. If something happens to Ray, having Willis is an excellent security blanket. Le'Ron McClain is not on Willis's level as a RB it was one fluky year based more around how amazing Lorenzo Neal was that year for us and our OL. I'd keep Willis around for one more year and draft a RB in the later rds to develop, then cut Willis after next year and give Rice his huge payday.
      HALL OF FAMER!
      PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
      JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

• Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
        Maybe behind closed doors they don't think he's a franchise QB......but prolly more likely that the report is wrong.

As for Willis, I would not cut him.....you dont have to give Ray Rice a new deal til after next year. If something happens to Ray, having Willis is an excellent security blanket. Le'Ron McClain is not on Willis's level as a RB it was one fluky year based more around how amazing Lorenzo Neal was that year for us and our OL. I'd keep Willis around for one more year and draft a RB in the later rds to develop, then cut Willis after next year and give Rice his huge payday.
        After all the crap this organization has went through in terms of QB's, I have a hard time believing they don't have enough faith in Flacco to think hes the franchise QB. Especially Ozzie whose been here from the start.

I don't think Willis could start and give you good production consistently. Hes strictly a good goal-line/relief RB, so if Rice went down, we'd be in trouble either way. I'd rather get a cheap vet, or draft a RB. Good ones can be found in the late rounds.
        Plus lets not forget how injury prone he has been. I know hes been healthy for a while now, but no telling if it comes back if hes given a bigger role.

With all that, hes not worth all that we're paying him.
        Last edited by thegreatone; 01-29-2011, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• I'm not happy about it and they know I'm not happy about I don't think it was a good decision

I feel a little bit like I'm being attacked. Usually when you fire a position coach its because you're not happy with how that position did. I had a pretty good year and you fire the qb coach its kind of an attack on me I feel like it is what it is

Quotes from Flacco. Aaron Wilson tweeted it.

Harbaugh is putting his friendship w/ Cam over the organization. This is bull

Comment

• wow, I'm definitely not a fan of this move then. If Flacco wants Zorn, or if he wants Cameron gone, it needs to be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
              I feel a little bit like I'm being attacked. Usually when you fire a position coach its because you're not happy with how that position did. I had a pretty good year and you fire the qb coach its kind of an attack on me I feel like it is what it is
              I personally think Flacco is a ***** and needs a fire to be lit under him because we cannot get to the next level until he takes that big step. He didn't do anything very impressive this year, especially given the talent surrounding him. He just doesn't have "it" in my opinion.

Comment

I'm not happy about it and they know I'm not happy about I don't think it was a good decision

Quotes from Flacco. Aaron Wilson tweeted it.

Harbaugh is putting his friendship w/ Cam over the organization. This is bull
                That's some bullsh*t. I love Harbs but I just don't trust the guy when it comes to putting a staff together. I understand Cam got Harbs a job back in the day at Indiana, but put that personal **** aside do whats best for the team.

Comment

• ya I disagree w/ you there America. I mean i can see Flacco never reaching the elite status but i think he can be at that 2nd tier for QBs. All reports I have seen is that Flacco works very hard. But from what we have seen so far is that Cam is not only a terrible OC but he is a douche. Not letting a QB audible WTF. Get over yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by America View Post
                    I personally think Flacco is a ***** and needs a fire to be lit under him because we cannot get to the next level until he takes that big step. He didn't do anything very impressive this year, especially given the talent surrounding him. He just doesn't have "it" in my opinion.
                    Please define what "it" is.

I wont blame Flacco for a ****** OC, and hes given very little control to go with that. Watch Matt Ryan and than watch Flacco. One looks like a vet, while its pretty obvious one is still handcuffed like hes a rookie or second year player.

Until hes given the freedom to audible and have more input in the game, I wont blame Flacco one bit.

I've said this many times, but its looking more and more like Brees and River's success after Cam left them is no coincidence. Hes good at developing young QB's but hes way too controlling to let them take the next step.

Comment

• Originally posted by thegreatone View Post
                      Please define what "it" is.

I wont blame Flacco for a ****** OC, and hes given very little control to go with that. Watch Matt Ryan and than watch Flacco. One looks like a vet, while its pretty obvious one is still handcuffed like hes a rookie or second year player.

Until hes given the freedom to audible and have more input in the game, I wont blame Flacco one bit.

I've said this many times, but its looking more and more like Brees and River's success after Cam left them is no coincidence. Hes good at developing young QB's but hes way too controlling to let them take the next step.
                      I'm not a fan of Cameron either but I'm a big believer in players play and coaches coach. "It" in my opinion is the ability to take over a game and will a team to win. Joe is great at doing what it takes to beat the teams we are supposed to beat, minus Cincinnati earlier in the year. But it just doesn't seem like he makes the money throws when the time matters. Yes, he had the game winner at Pitt, but more times than not, he falters in the spotlight. Maybe the losses stick more than the wins, but I feel like we lose most of the primetime games, and Joe is often out preformed by the opposing quarterbacks, like Big Ben, Matt Ryan, and Tom Brady. In the past two years, the only good quarterbacks Joe has beaten Philip Rivers and Drew Brees. But, Joe completed 27 total passes for 360 total yards in those games.

Take for example, at Pitt, 2nd game of the season, 4th and short and he blows an easy throw to Dickson. In the playoff game, it was overthrow after overthrow on the final drive. Yes, Housh dropped a pass he should have caught, but Joe had 3 other tries to make a play and he couldn't. We didn't move a single yard on that drive.

I completely respect yalls opinion. Cam Cameron is an awful playcaller. He won't let Joe audible, but Joe just needs to say **** it and take control. It needs to be his team, and until he shows the balls to do that, I don't have much faith in him. If he would audible and make a great play, he'd inspire his teammates, and its not like the coaches are gonna bench him because he disobeyed Cam.

Ravens1991, the only problem with second tier is that those guys don't often win Superbowls, and when you're team is stacked with Pro Bowlers, it just sucks that your QB is holding you back. I don't think he doesn't work hard. My reference to lighting a fire under him was to get him fired up to take control. He still doesn't seem confident and he rarely shows the huge arm he's supposed to have. His deep balls flutter and most always are under thrown. I'm just sick and tired of losing close games and Joe looking like a complete ***** when the offense ***** up.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Cameron either but I'm a big believer in players play and coaches coach. "It" in my opinion is the ability to take over a game and will a team to win. Joe is great at doing what it takes to beat the teams we are supposed to beat, minus Cincinnati earlier in the year. But it just doesn't seem like he makes the money throws when the time matters. Yes, he had the game winner at Pitt, but more times than not, he falters in the spotlight. Maybe the losses stick more than the wins, but I feel like we lose most of the primetime games, and Joe is often out preformed by the opposing quarterbacks, like Big Ben, Matt Ryan, and Tom Brady. In the past two years, the only good quarterbacks Joe has beaten Philip Rivers and Drew Brees. But, Joe completed 27 total passes for 360 total yards in those games.

Take for example, at Pitt, 2nd game of the season, 4th and short and he blows an easy throw to Dickson. In the playoff game, it was overthrow after overthrow on the final drive. Yes, Housh dropped a pass he should have caught, but Joe had 3 other tries to make a play and he couldn't. We didn't move a single yard on that drive.

I completely respect yalls opinion. Cam Cameron is an awful playcaller. He won't let Joe audible, but Joe just needs to say **** it and take control. It needs to be his team, and until he shows the balls to do that, I don't have much faith in him. If he would audible and make a great play, he'd inspire his teammates, and its not like the coaches are gonna bench him because he disobeyed Cam.

Ravens1991, the only problem with second tier is that those guys don't often win Superbowls, and when you're team is stacked with Pro Bowlers, it just sucks that your QB is holding you back. I don't think he doesn't work hard. My reference to lighting a fire under him was to get him fired up to take control. He still doesn't seem confident and he rarely shows the huge arm he's supposed to have. His deep balls flutter and most always are under thrown. I'm just sick and tired of losing close games and Joe looking like a complete ***** when the offense ***** up.
                        great post. I couldn't agree more. However, I am on the bandwagon(if thats what you'll call it) for getting Cameron out of town.

Comment

• Joe may not have "it" as of yet, but let us not forget that he just completed his 3rd full season. This current era of football has spoiled us as fans, lets just admit it, making the playoffs without a Super Bowl is a disappointment. We're in a division with Pittsburgh thats making its 3rd Super Bowl appearance in 7 years and frankly we're jealous as hell. Yes because its Pittsburgh, but even more so is that we can't beat them with Ben on the field.

We all want Joe to be better, and to lead us past Pittsburgh but it hasn't happened. Our team is the ultimate bipolar situation, we have a great defense but and abysmal offense then we make the upgrades on offense and now our defense has suffered. Ozzie Newsome for all his triumphs in free agency and the draft has yet to build a complete team both on the field and on the sidelines. Until it all comes together we will have the same debates year in and year out.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Okay, Joe has definitely shown he could take over. He won us the game in ATL. The defense cost us that one. He played excellent against NE, but Cam went conservative and our D choked. Also, last year him and Rice put the team on their backs against Minnesota (one of the best teams in the NFL that year, at there place), but the D and kicker choked.

As for the second Pittsburgh game, I'll admit that was a bad throw. But why you have Flacco in the single back formation on 4th down when the o-line was playing terrible and the whole country knew the pass was coming is beyond me, when we all know Flacco is at his best in the shot-gun.

As for the playoff game, Flacco didn't play great but not many QB's do @ Pittsburgh, but the guy made a great TD throw to Q which was dropped. And for the last drive, Ben is the same way. He'll have 3 bad plays, and than he'll make a brilliant play on 3rd or 4th down, which Joe made. (Housh dropped)

You got to remember where Joe is coming from. He was supposed to be a project who wouldn't be ready until a couple years. Players have admitted that there are no audibles built in to the offense. How is Flacco supposed to make them? Also, Flacco has said he wants more control and input in the gameplan. Unless you want him to throw tantrums in front of the media, I really don't know what else he can do.

Its way too early to assume Flacco will only be a 2nd tier QB. That is an absurd assumption for only a 3rd year QB, whose only improved each and every year.

For a QB who had a bad o-line, terrible OC and a bunch of WR's who don't compliment each other one bit, Flacco had a damn good year.
                            Last edited by thegreatone; 01-30-2011, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• W/ that game 2 pittsburgh throw he has no excuses for missing it. But remember Dickson had to move in as the #1 TE and perhaps he was supposed to sit in the flat and not fade to the sideline. But still Flacco has to make that throw.

Flacco has shown flashes of being very clutch but he also had bad times. But he is in a offense that doesnt bring out his best attributes. And that is Cams fault

Comment

W/ that game 2 pittsburgh throw he has no excuses for missing it. But remember Dickson had to move in as the #1 TE and perhaps he was supposed to sit in the flat and not fade to the sideline. But still Flacco has to make that throw.

Flacco has shown flashes of being very clutch but he also had bad times. But he is in a offense that doesnt bring out his best attributes. And that is Cams fault
                                I'm a big basher of Cameron, but come on now it has to be both ways here. Cam's system is mindboggling we all admit this, but at the same time Joe isn't exactly adjusting to it either. He can't sit there and boo-hoo the fact that the offense isn't catered to him, he has to play within the system and make adjustments. No team is going to build an offensive system around his whim and he needs to keep progressing in this system and make the adjustments and then and only then will he grow as a QB and garner Cameron's respect and faith.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information