This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...h-round-picks/

I love this 2 fifths for them. This gives us 9 picks in the draft. I wonder if Ozzie will be tempted to trade up in this draft.

Comment

• I have read Muhammed Wilkerson being linked to the Ravens in the first.

Comment

• Isnt he a 43 UT? But if we draft a DT we should just cut Gregg. There has been rumors that Harbs wants to transition to a 43 and have Jim Johnson like plays. They said Mattison was the guy for that but he just ran the biggest clusterfuck defense I have ever seen in my life. My guess is our front 7 will look like this.

DE-Suggs
        DT-Wilkerson/Redding
        DT-Ngata/Cody
        DE-Johnson?/Redding?/Kruger? I have no clue who would play there. probably one of the first 2.

OLB-JJ/Ellerbe
        MLB-Ray
        WLB-Gooden

Alll I gotta say is I hope we stay 34 because we have no weakside LB and a questionable LDE.

Comment

• Wilkerson can play DE in a 34.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
            Wilkerson can play DE in a 34.
            That's definitely his best spot. He actually played the 5-tech a decent amount at Temple. He also has had 16 sacks over the past two season so he's definitely got some pass rush ability.

As it stands now, it seems like the guys they are most interested in are Wilkerson, Kerrigan and Houston.

Comment

• Fail on my part.
              I have no problem getting Wilkerson and im a Jones fan. It all starts in the trenches. Though my #1 pick would be Houston. Im learning towards him over Reed right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                Fail on my part.
                I have no problem getting Wilkerson and im a Jones fan. It all starts in the trenches. Though my #1 pick would be Houston. Im learning towards him over Reed right now.
                Houston has a great ball get-off, I think one of the best 10 yard splits of any DE or LB. But he's not too special going the other way. I think he's a stud if he goes to a team like Tampa, New Orleans or Chicago, but throwing him in a 3-4 isn't playing to his strengths.

Comment

• what do you mean in coverage? He still has a year or 2 to work on coverage while JJ is still around. I love his raw speed

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                    what do you mean in coverage? He still has a year or 2 to work on coverage while JJ is still around. I love his raw speed
                    I'm not saying he can't learn to cover. I'm saying from his drills at his Pro Day and Combine, he's not too good changing direction and isn't that quick. His straight line speed and acceleration are amazing, which is ideal for a 4-3 end. But his physical abilities don't translate well to dropping in coverage. He might be able to "learn" coverages sitting behind JJ, but that doesn't mean he's going to be able to execute. He can't just learn that sort of athleticism.

Comment

• I'm sure you guys have seen this before but I just saw it for the first time tonight and it gave me goosebumps! Epic pump up vid! I'm not a Ravens fan by any means but I friggin' love Ray Lewis. It'll be a sad day whenever he calls it a career, one of the most intimidating players in football. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0ysMOV8TYU

Comment

• ^ Great video.
                        As far as pass rushers, I only want Brooks Reed, Aldon Smith, or Sam Acho, that's it. Nobody else is worthy to be a Raven
                        GO RAVENS

Comment

• Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
                          ^ Great video.
                          As far as pass rushers, I only want Brooks Reed, Aldon Smith, or Sam Acho, that's it. Nobody else is worthy to be a Raven
                          What about Houston?

Comment

• Steelers
                            @ Titans
                            @ Rams
                            Jets
                            BYE
                            Texans
                            @ Jaguars - Monday night, yet another away MNF game. I just don't get it.
                            Cardinals
                            @ Steelers
                            @ Seattle
                            Bengals
                            49ers - Thursday night
                            @ Browns
                            Colts
                            @ Chargers
                            Browns
                            @ Bengals

We have to take care of the "easy win" teams like Seattle, San Fran, St. Louis, Jacksonville, Cleveland(x2), Cincy(x2), Arizona, and Tennessee.

Comment

• So excited to open up against you guys. Should be a great first week of the season!

Comment

• Steelers WIN
                                @ Titans WIN
                                @ Rams WIN
                                Jets WIN
                                BYE
                                Texans WIN
                                @ Jaguars WIN
                                Cardinals WIN
                                @ Steelers LOSS
                                @ Seattle WIN
                                Bengals WIN