Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep in mind, Jets dont have Santonio for the first 4 games, so that negates one of their key offseason acquisitions.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• No reason to say we are going to get our asses kicked, its going to be a good game. I just want to see Ray Rice stiff arm bart scott after SCott talked **** on Harbuagh after that pre-season game.

Comment

• Lets see where we stand after the preseason with injuries and what not then we'll have a fair assessment of what to expect for the Jets game.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• I was thinking, do you guys think we could use Dickson like we used Kelly Washington in the slot last year? A bigger reciever who is a step faster then LBs but to big for your common nickelback.

Comment

• I heard we signed Prince Miller as a UDFA, he maybe our return man next year or at least compete for that spot.

Comment

• Out of the UDFAs, I think that Miller has one of the better chances to make the team considering his special teams value and the fact that he plays corner, at which we might need a body or two in the beginning of the season if Webb and/or Washington can't go.

Here's the list of UDFA we signed, from http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/p/201...ee-agents.html :

Rodelin Anthony, WR, UNLV
              John Fletcher, DL, Wyoming
              Albert McClellan, DE, Marshall
              Ashton Hall, S, Marshall
              Curtis Steele, RB, Memphis
              Mike McLaughlin, LB, Boston College
              Morgan Cox, LS, Tennessee
              Prince Miller, CB, Georgia
              I've also read that we'll be trying McLaughlin out at FB. Don't really see any of the other guys having a shot at the roster unless they are excellent in camp.

Comment

• I am intrigued by McLaughlin, he put up some solid combine #s (top performer in bench, vertical jump, 3 cone drill, and 20 yard shuttle) and he is a tough hard nosed competitor. I think he could be a back up FB and a special teams contributor.

Comment

• I saw Mike McLaughlin play a couple of times, he's a beast vs. the run
                  GO RAVENS

Comment

• from reading up on him I would want us to try him at LB but we are so stacked there, a guy like Jason Phillips probably wont make the team. I think either McLaughlin or Edgar Jones will make the team as a backup FB and special teams contributor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                      from reading up on him I would want us to try him at LB but we are so stacked there, a guy like Jason Phillips probably wont make the team. I think either McLaughlin or Edgar Jones will make the team as a backup FB and special teams contributor.
                      If an UDFA makes this team over a draft pick that was hurt and never got a chance to show his worth, thats not a good sign. Picks need to be given seniority over UDFA's.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Personally I don't support that theory if a 2nd year 5th round pick loses out on the roster for a UDFA at a different position.

Comment

• I don't think Phillips will lose his roster spot for anybody this season, unless he totally blows in camp. That doesn't seem likely with the kind of player he was coming out of college, a hard-nosed good worker that has adequate physical tools. Personally I like him better than Gooden inside, and especially over McClain.

Comment

• I agree that McClain belongs at 34 OLB. But lets se how it plays out, he probably will make the team but there is a chance he doesnt. He is your typical 2 down run stuffer in a 34. Gooden I think belongs in a 43. We will see how it plays out.

Comment

• I would say given how incredibly awful Matt Katula is that Morgan Cox has a pretty good shot at making the team.
                              HALL OF FAMER!
                              PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                              JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

• he was hurt at the end of the season, hopefully Katula improves.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information