This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
    So next year, I expect Anquan Boldin and Derrick Mason to be our starters. I expect there to be a battle for the slot with David Reed winning it since the coaching staff rarely plays our rookies. I can see Smith getting lots of chances to run simple go routes, screen plays and get plenty of opportunities returning punts and kicks.
    Dont forget the end arounds. :p We all know how much Cam loves taking his fastest WR and making him run end arounds instead of running deep routes

Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
    As for our corner situation, I really don't see us retaining Chris Carr. I know he was probably our best corner last year but I have a feeling he will either ask for more $ than we are willing to pay him or some other team will pay him more than we will, so I an assuming he won't return.

Wilson
    Foxworth
    J. Smith
    Webb
    I personally think that Carr is more likely to come back than Wilson is. Wilson is likely to cost more than Carr, Carr sounded more positive about coming back during interviews with the Ravens' website when the season ended and IIRC Carr followed Pagano here from Oakland because he loves him so much and didnt want another DB coach.

That being said, Wilson is the better CB and should be the one that the team prioritises as a key re-signing when the lockout ends (assuming the NFL wins their appeal and we dont play under 2010 salary rules)

Comment

• We really need Carr back.
      Special teams value, great in rupport, consistent!, tough, getting better, really solid man to man guy. I want him more than Foxworth.
      GO RAVENS

Comment

• Depends on the CBA but I could see us trying to restructure Fox deal.

Also in round 4 im hoping for Christian Ballard from Iowa.

Comment

• Originally posted by America View Post
          Sam Acho would be a money pick. Don't see us trading up for him though cause we lack the ammo. Liked the Smith's picks. Not a huge fan of Jah Reid, but I can live with the pick even though I don't think we needed to trade up for him. I've only watched his game against Georgia though, so maybe I'm missing something.

For Day 3 - Definitely think we need to go after an end and a pass rusher and maybe a fullback. I'd be very happy with Anthony Sherman as one of our compensatory picks. A guy like Christian Ballard could be a steal in the 4th despite his character concerns. Pernell McPhee is another lineman I'd like in the 4th. DeAndre McDaniel could be a good safety to look at in the later rounds, he could be a solid special team guy. Casey Matthews and Quan Sturdivant are still on the board so I think we might look at those guys.
          I don't see us going after a DE. For who's left there's not really an upgrade over Redding/Kruger and we're fine depth-wise. McPhee adds nothing to the front, especially if we play him at the hybrid DE role. Ballard is interesting but I doubt he makes it to our pick.

Fullback is a position I fully expect us to go after, especially if we can't sign UDFA. Acho and Carter are two DE/OLB types I'd really like but again I doubt they fall and we don't have the ability to trade up (unless we use a future pick).

Comment

• Anthony Allen is a great pick in the 7th. Power back and a downhill runner who could compliment Raymell. Might have some potential as FB as well.

Comment

• Any chance we sign a big name free agent OLB?
              Tamba Hali would be expensive but the top choice.
              Kiwanuka would be fantastic
              Also, Mark Herzlich would be well worth the risk.
              Mario Addison has a great amount of potential as well.
              Ryan Winterswyk could be a good option.
              I also really want Noel Devine! He's easy to discourage but he's a damn good runner with excellent vision and elusiveness.
              GO RAVENS

Comment

• I doubt there will be a significant change w/ the salary cap if/when a CBA is formed. So I doubt we make a move. If they go back to 2010 rules and there isnt a salary cap for the 2011 season I hope we go after someone. Give them a ******** in the first year. Its crunch time to get Reed and Ray a ring

Comment

• Check out this speech by Ray Lewis.

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/ran...r-room-speech/

Comment

• That was amazing. There is more to life then wins and loses. And we are the luckiest football team in the NFL to have Ray.

Comment

• Ozzie mentioned about wanting to bring in a pass rusher in what would pressumably be free agency. I would LOVE to bring in Cliff Avril as an edge rusher opposite of Sizzle. We should be able to have a little bit of wiggle room with Gaither and possibly Carr and McClain being allowed to walk. Mathias Kiwanuka would be another intriguing option.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                        Ozzie mentioned about wanting to bring in a pass rusher in what would pressumably be free agency. I would LOVE to bring in Cliff Avril as an edge rusher opposite of Sizzle. We should be able to have a little bit of wiggle room with Gaither and possibly Carr and McClain being allowed to walk. Mathias Kiwanuka would be another intriguing option.
                        Is Avril for sure going to be a free agent? I loved him coming out of the draft, always thought he would have been better in a 3-4.

Comment

• Originally posted by America View Post
                          Is Avril for sure going to be a free agent? I loved him coming out of the draft, always thought he would have been better in a 3-4.
                          He will be and Detroit decided not to tag him so he'll be on the open market. He may return to Detroit but it would be amazing if we could bring in his speed and pass rush ability opposite of Suggs.

Comment

• lets notforget mcclain is a beast of a pass rushing olb
                            GO RAVENS

Comment

• Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
                              lets notforget mcclain is a beast of a pass rushing olb
                              He might have been an end in college but let's not forget he went undrafted for a reason. And he wasn't very good as a starter last season either.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                                He will be and Detroit decided not to tag him so he'll be on the open market. He may return to Detroit but it would be amazing if we could bring in his speed and pass rush ability opposite of Suggs.
                                He wasn't tagged but they tendered him at the 1st and 3rd round pick level. If that holds up there's no way we're getting him. I think they'll shell out the cash for him anyways, he's pretty much the only "pure" pass-rushing end they have. He's a prototypical fit for DE in Schwartz's system.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information