This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
    He's a great blitzer. I just wouldn't trust him in coverage beyond 15 yards.
    Idk about that. He may be the worst tackler in this entire draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
      Idk about that. He may be the worst tackler in this entire draft.
      He actually does have a nice natural timing in his blitzes and can blow by a blitz pick up. That said it's not really hard blitzing from the QB's blindside to get in a good hit. So he can wrap up a 6ft 5 statue standing in the pocket, but when a back lowers his shoulder into him it's a whole nother story. I'm rooting for him though. He's a good kid and he's got potential.

Comment

• Chykie Brown still needs a lot of work. His technique and his decision making need a ton of help, but he will do work on punt coverage. He needs a few years on the bench but eventually I see him putting it all together
        GO RAVENS

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
          What are you all's opinion on Chykie Brown?
          A great pick-up. He needs some good coaching and polish but all the tools to be a stud Corner and a future starter and at that point in the draft why not? He's gonna be depth and play ST right now anyway, but if he has someone who works with him there is no reason he can't start. Great skillset and tools to mold, I think by year 2 he will be able to contribute in passing downs and by his 3rd year should be good enough to be a solid #2 guy.

Aaron Williams might end up playing Safety, Curtis Brown has a higher floor and is more ready to play right now, but Brown has the highest ceiling and while you need to be more patient he's a pick you should expect more and more out of down the line.

If he had the same ball skills that Aaron Ross did coming out he would have been a late 1st rounder. I think all his problems are correctable though.
          Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 05-05-2011, 05:24 PM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            A great pick-up. He needs some good coaching and polish but all the tools to be a stud Corner and a future starter and at that point in the draft why now? He's gonna be depth and play ST right now anyway, but if he has someone who works with him there is no reason he can't start. Great skillset and tools to mold, I think by year 2 he will be able to contribute in passing downs and by his 3rd year should be good enough to be a solid #2 guy.

Aaron Williams might end up playing Safety, Curtis Brown has a higher floor and is more ready to play right now, but Brown has the highest ceiling and while you need to be more patient he's a pick you should expect more and more out of down the line.

If he had the same ball skills that Aaron Ross did coming out he would have been a late 1st rounder. I think all his problems are correctable though.
            yeah, after I read some reports on him, I thought the same thing, all his weaknesses are coachable. Hopefully he will become a solid #2 guy for us down the road, gonna be fun watching him develop.

Comment

• Just watch him end up being better than J. Smith in the end. I'm not saying its gonna happen or that I believe in it, but it would just be one of those weird draft things that happens.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• I compare Chykie Brown to a Tyrus Thomas for you NBA fans. All the physical tools to be dominant, he can either become a stud by developing his skills and IQ, or he could be just another guy on special teams skating by on athleticism. But for a 5th round pick well worth the risk. Very few guys in this draft had the phyiscal gifts to potetially be a #1 corner. Even if Chykie never develops he will be a good special teamer which is all you can ask for in a 5th rounder.
                Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP; 05-05-2011, 04:46 PM.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                  I compare Chykie Brown to a Tyrus Thomas for your NBA fans. All the physical tools to be dominant, he can either become a stud by developing his skills and IQ, or he could be just another guy on special teams skating by on athleticism. But for a 5th round pick well worth the risk. Very few guys in this draft had the phyiscal gifts to potetially be a #1 corner. Even if Chykie never develops he will be a good special teamer which is all you can ask for in a 5th rounder.
                  This is more like it. Chykie was supposed to be the next great Longhorn DB when he got on campus. Very highly recruited and had all the tools. He redshirted, so people figured he was just getting everything down before they threw him in the fire. Plus Tarrell Brown and Aaron Ross were starting so we didn't need him. Curtis Brown (5-star recruit) then showed up on campus in 2007, and the two were hyped up to be a lockdown duo. First season together, they really didn't do anything. We got by with two much less athletic and smaller corners. Again, going into 08, and Aaron Williams came in, and none really made a huge impact, but they were all in and out of the starting lineup. Finally in 2009 (National Championship game), they were great with Earl Thomas and Blake Gideon over the top, plus a great D-line. Going into 2010 they were supposed to be the best defensive backfield in the country and it all fell apart, and they were average, Chykie reverted back to his younger years and gave up huge plays and never really looked like he knew what he was doing. If he can play like he did in 2009, which is a huge if, we could have an enormous steal. But I don't think it's that likely. His career has been a huge what if and he rarely delivers. Really hoping he does though obviously cause he's a Horn and now a Raven.

Comment

• Is it motivation? Does he simply not care as much for football? How's his character?

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                      Is it motivation? Does he simply not care as much for football? How's his character?
                      All I've ever heard from Mack Brown or the posters on Orangebloods (UT sports site) is that he's a stand up kid who works hard and plays hard. He just never picked up the game like they thought he would I guess. Some guys take a while to get the mental part down or maybe he just doesn't have the instincts. Longhorn DB's all have great coaching, that's why they get drafted high and win the Thorpe Award (Huff, Ross), but maybe Akina (DB coach) never got through to Chykie. That's what I'm hoping because you can't really teach instincts.

Comment

• http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...?module=HP_cp2

Josh Freeman rated higher than Joe Flacco. Quite frankly, I agree. Freeman has the swagger that Joe is starting to find. But he's leaps and bounds ahead of him in that department in my opinion.

Comment

• Smaller sample size but yeah I like Freeman more than Flacco, I think Freeman will be an all pro for a while. The difference between them is Freeman is gifted outside of the pocket and improvising. Flacco needs perfect protection, I always get scared whenever he's pressured. I really think Freeman will be a star in this league, Big Ben but with a higher IQ. Flacco is a good QB and can be a championship QB with a great team around him but I would not have Flacco as a top 10 QB in this league.

Comment

• I just wanna know w hat happened to his composure he had from his rookie year.

Comment

• I'm excited to see how Flacco progresses now that he has a solid stable of receivers. Some games he does buckle under pressure and will force some passes but that's his lines fault. The offensive line played awful down the stretch last season, so it'll be interesting to see if the group gets any better.
                              Anyways, I feel like Flacco is in for his best season yet. I'm guessing;
                              (4000 yards and 30 TDs)
                              GO RAVENS

Comment

• Flacco has the arm to make every throw imaginable but his pocket presence is awful. He's lucky he hasn't fumlbed it more. He has no sense of when the pressure is coming and he is not good with ball security. He also is fairly slow moving out of the pocket. I just wish he dumped it off into the ground more.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information