This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
    Of all our FA's, I'd rank him the 2nd highest priority behind only Yanda.
    How bout Ngata?

Comment

• Originally posted by America View Post
      How bout Ngata?
      Ngata is just a given I'd guess. Was he tagged and will that tag even hold up?

Either way he is by far the most important FA

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• For CB, I can see Smith, Wilson (if back), Webb, and Foxworth all battling for those 2 starting spots. With Smith, this group is pretty solid and is a huge turn around from a couple of years ago. We have good depth all around with Smith having the potential to be a real lock down guy eventually.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...year_deal.html

The agent for Haloti Ngata says the Pro Bowl defensive tackle has signed a one-year contract with the Ravens for the franchise number, or $12.5 million.

Agent Mike McCartney did not specifiy in an email when Ngata signed, only that he had.

The Ravens put the nonexclusive franchise tag on Ngata, 27, before the lockout because rules under the previous CBA prohibited it. According to the CBA, a player who made 30% or more in 2010 from his 2009 contract cannot renegotiate or receive an extension.
          Whether or not that holds up under a new CBA is questionable but at the moment I don't consider him a free agent.

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
          If we don't bring back Wilson, I'll be pissed. He played great last season and really stepped up his game down the stretch. He shouldn't be too expensive to bring back. Of all our FA's, I'd rank him the 2nd highest priority behind only Yanda. Jimmy and Wilson should be the starting CB's week 1 and moving into the future and I'll be upset if they're not.
          Wilson is probably our best free agent behind Yanda, but I don't think he'll be cheap to bring back. He played well last season and other teams noticed it, and with his age that's only going to make him a more attractive option on the free agent market. If we're able to retain him as a RFA then that's great but at this point it's hard to tell.

Comment

• http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...g-game-player/

Good article bout Doss, IDK he was such a big time gamer.

Comment

• Love what Flacco has been doing with the rookies. He's making this his offense, and showing the new guys he's the boss. Hopefully that leadership and bravado transfers to the field.

On a side note, does anyone think Joe is very skinny for being listed at 230?

Comment

• I can see that, but at 6'6 being 230 you will look like a twig compared to other NFL players.

I also think this youth movement at WR is good. Perhaps Flacco was a little intimidated by the careers and names of Boldin/Mason/Hoosh so that could have effected their communication. Now it will be reversed.

Comment

• i'm really starting to think that doss may end up being better than torrey.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                    i'm really starting to think that doss may end up being better than torrey.
                    He might be more productive in the long run. But I think Torrey is going to play a more significant role this year. Mason and Boldin can do everything Doss does but at a significantly higher level. We don't have anyone on the roster than can stretch the field over the top like Torrey. It might not show up on the stat sheet that much but his presence should benefit the underneath routes.

Comment

• Originally posted by America View Post
                      He might be more productive in the long run. But I think Torrey is going to play a more significant role this year. Mason and Boldin can do everything Doss does but at a significantly higher level. We don't have anyone on the roster than can stretch the field over the top like Torrey. It might not show up on the stat sheet that much but his presence should benefit the underneath routes.
                      i don't disagree with you at all there.

Comment

• I agree with everything everyone said bout Doss VS. Smith. Im still nervous about Smith as a prospect but Doss has everything to be a good starter in this league, good size, great hands and routes, he is tough(playing through 2 hernias) he is fast enough and Flacco loves him.

Also another random thought is Im real excited about our CB depth. I assume we will resign either Carr or Wilson. Smith,Fox,Carr/Wilson,Webb is a great 4some. I wouldnt complain w/ Webb as a starter and he may end up being a #4. This depth is great, we need it against teams that like to do the spread like Packers, Pats etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                          Also another random thought is Im real excited about our CB depth. I assume we will resign either Carr or Wilson. Smith,Fox,Carr/Wilson,Webb is a great 4some. I wouldnt complain w/ Webb as a starter and he may end up being a #4. This depth is great, we need it against teams that like to do the spread like Packers, Pats etc.
                          I really hope that we resign Wilson. Carr gets credit as our most consistent CB, but Wilson really came on strong late in the season and Carr really struggled against the Steelers in the playoffs. I've heard the Lions are very interested in Carr and might throw a big deal at him too.

Wilson is younger, more of a playmaker, and has that extra gear. He slides into the slot well just like Carr and plays with that "Raven" mentality.

Not to bash on Carr at all, I just think letting Wilson go right as he reaches his prime is a big mistake. Carr is an opportunistic corner who plays with intensity but I think he will be overvalued in free agency. Go watch the Houston game and the Steelers playoff game and he just gives up a ton of big receptions.

I don't think Webb is ready to handle a starting job and I'm very iffy about Foxworth's recovery. He's still pretty young, so that's good but the amount of cutting required by CBs is ridiculous and I wouldn't want to depend on Webb and a rookie if he's not 100%.

I expect Landry to get a big FA deal and have Zbikowski replace him. Carr will get a decent deal and we're letting Fabian walk. Webb can play safety in a pinch and is a solid gunner to replace Marcus Smith, who I can't see room for with the new wideouts. While Fox is getting back into the groove, I'd play Wilson and Jimmy Smith as starters and have Fox come in and Wilson play the slot against three wide. 3rd and long, we could play a nickel and three safeties, I'd actually rather have Webb back there instead of Haruki. And the coaches like to play Haruki in the slot in dime packages too. Chykie Brown probably won't be on the active roster much, but he needs time to develop before he sees the field, although he is a great blitzer. Thinking about this stuff just gets me really excited for the season and really jealous of Chuck Pagano's job. Being the Raven's D coordinator would be awesome. Hopefully we blitz a whole lot more this season and forget about the three man rush. I sure Pagano has some stuff up his sleeve.

Comment

• I agree that Wilson>>>>Carr but Wilson will probably want a contract similiar to what Fox recieved when he came here. Carr will probably be cheaper.

Also I think Zbi will be an upgrade over Landry at SS so hopefully Landry goes.

Carry Williams/Brown whoever our #5 CB will be will be a good gunner on Special teams. David Reed was a good gunner last year also Im not worried about that.

also I dont get the facination the coaching staff has w/ Nakamura. He is a high energy special teamer and thats it. I sure as hell hope he doesnt see the field.

and I agree w/ Pagano we better blitz more. The lack of CB skill isnt an excuse not to blitz. Look at 2008. Cmac got IRd so our CBs were Rolle,Washington,Walker,Ivey. W/ injuries in the AFC title game Walker was our number ******* 1 and we were able to at least not get embarassed by PITT @ Pitt. We need to bring the heat. I know it sucks we lost 2 years of our lives watching Mattison lolly gag w/ the D but now we have someone who knows what they are doing it seems like

Comment

• Yeah, those days are over. Pagano looks like he knows what he's doing.

As for Landry, I think he's as good as gone. We have so many other players that are more important that him + we have a history of letting our SS's next to Reed walk.

Comment

• Does anyone else think Zbi will be an upgrade over Landry also? He may be a slight downgrade in run support but a big upgrade in pass coverage.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information