This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
    Say Flacco was able to Audible to Boldin or Hoosh with a slant up the middle. That would help immensley. Cam ego, Harbaughs blind loyalty and this doghouse ******** is destroying our title hopes!
    Cam Cameron has done well with quarterbacks before. I don't know why he's so reluctant to let Joe call audibles. But yes, I'm also annoyed about this power struggle ******** going on. But I like what Harbaugh has done with the team. I'd rather we get back to establishing the running game and keeping our defense fresh. I loved the 2008 season when we ran the ball 600 times or whatever it was. Lorenzo Neal and LeRon in the backfield was awesome.
    Last edited by America; 05-31-2011, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• The Bucs receivers are young but I think they have the physical ability to make a play on the ball if it's thrown in their area, at least moreso than the guys we have. Winslow can't be forgotten either and while he's not the same he was before his injury he's still a pretty good receiver at TE. Same goes for Heap too though. Mason is one of my favorite players on the team (Michigan State homer :D) but I don't think he has the ability to really compete for the ball in the air anymore. As it stands now I'd also take our skill guys over Tampa's (adding Smith and Doss is huge, as would be getting Dicskon and Pitta more involved).

The offensive line was hugely disappointing last season, that's a good point to bring up. We probably had the best talent at the skill positions Flacco has ever had (possibly the Ravens franchise too) but then the protection wasn't there. Flacco still had his best season (in my mind at least) but I wish we could have seen what he could do with the protection from 2009-2010 and the receivers from 2010-2011. Oh well...

Comment

• Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
        The offensive line was hugely disappointing last season, that's a good point to bring up. We probably had the best talent at the skill positions Flacco has ever had (possibly the Ravens franchise too) but then the protection wasn't there. Flacco still had his best season (in my mind at least) but I wish we could have seen what he could do with the protection from 2009-2010 and the receivers from 2010-2011. Oh well...
        Let's just hope each position group is hitting on all cylinders next season. Unfortunately the most uncertain group is the offensive line and they need to improve the most.

Comment

• some key predicted stats.
          Ravens record --> (11-5/13-3)
          Joe Flacco --> (350+ completions, 4,000+ yards, 30+ TDs, Pro bowler)
          Ray Rice --> ( 300+ carries, 1400+ yards, 10+ total TDs)
          Anquan Boldin --> (75+ catches, 1000+ yards, 8+ TDs)
          Torrey Smith --> (30+ catches, 4+ TDs)
          Terrell Suggs --> (12+ sacks)
          GO RAVENS

Comment

• Originally posted by America View Post
            That's a good point. I haven't heard anything about him his offseason either. Hopefully he's doing what it takes to remain in decent shape. He can be extremely valuable this year if he can keep the double teams off of Ngata. We really needed this offseason to develop the younger D-lineman (Cody, Kruger, Art Jones, Kindle if he's healthy). JJ has lost some quickness and doesn't have the moves to be an effective pass rusher, so we need some of the big guys to get some pressure.
            Regarding Cody...

http://twitter.com/RavensInsider

RavensInsider Aaron Wilson
            Terrence cody is here and looks like he's in pretty good shape wouldn't say what he weighs but said he's lighter than last season
            RavensInsider Aaron Wilson
            Several teammates including ben grubbs and lardarius webb impressed with terrence codys conditioning grubbs said cody is serious about it
            @RavensInsider Aaron Wilson
            Terrence cody: 'I'm training harder and harder I'm waiting til the season to let people know how much I weigh I'm in pretty good shape'
            Well that's a good sign. I wouldn't think Cody would have let himself go anyways, not when he has a good chance to get a lot of playing time next season and possibly even taking over the starting role from Gregg. If not next year he's definitely getting it the year after since I can't see Gregg coming back.

He also had this to say about a week ago regarding Arthur Jones:

I mentioned this the other day but @artj97 Ravens defensive lineman Arthur Jones has lost a lot of weight and looks much quicker and leaner.
            And the prior Tweet he was referring to:

Defensive lineman Arthur Jones' MMA training with his brother Bones Jones is paying off, much leaner and quicker now.
            Last edited by coordinator0; 06-05-2011, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• I was at the Ben Grubbs charity softball game today and he really did look noticably thinner. I was gonna post it even before coordinators post.

Comment

• apparently Sergio Kindle has been cleared by nearly every medical expert in Baltimore according to Mike Preston. I Cant wait to see him on the field

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                  apparently Sergio Kindle has been cleared by nearly every medical expert in Baltimore according to Mike Preston. I Cant wait to see him on the field
                  Any link for this?

This would be a gigantic addition for us. He has had a year of sitting and learning in the system so he should be able to hit the ground running. I really hope he can be a contributor out there. We have NO ONE opposite Suggs.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Well, we have Johnson but I get what you're saying. Kindle could really add something to our pass-rush if we get him on the field. I still expect us to add a pass-rusher in free agency but nobody that's going to command too high of a price. Perhaps Matt Roth? Ideally I would like Kiwanuka but I'm not sure what kind of money he's going to get.

Comment

• I wonder what type of deal Kindle will get, I believe he is technically a EFA.

Also I assume Kindle will recieve a 4 game suspension for his DUI he got this past december.

Comment

• I wonder what type of deal Kindle will get, I believe he is technically a EFA.

Also I assume Kindle will recieve a 4 game suspension for his DUI he got this past december.

Comment

• Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                          Any link for this?
                          http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...4154010.column
                          Sergio Kindle: The second-year outside linebacker has been cleared to play by almost every medical expert in Baltimore, but no one can predict what will happen until the contact starts. Kindle, who fractured his skull while falling down two flights of stairs last summer, needs time to learn the defense. The Ravens want him to become a good pass rusher opposite Terrell Suggs.

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                          This would be a gigantic addition for us. He has had a year of sitting and learning in the system so he should be able to hit the ground running. I really hope he can be a contributor out there. We have NO ONE opposite Suggs.
                          Agreed. JJ doesnt provide enough of a pass rush to really be counted on. When he is on the field we may as well be playing in a 4-3

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                          I wonder what type of deal Kindle will get, I believe he is technically a EFA.
                          Assuming the same rules are in place as the previous CBA, then yes he would be a ERFA which would mean another 1 year 330k contract unless the Ravens wanted to give him a bigger, longer contract but I don't see why you would except maybe signing him to what his rookie contract would have been as a good faith gesture

Comment

• Woodley said Flacco will never win a title in his lifetime. We better beat them next year.

Comment

• Can someone give me a breakdown of Dawan Landry. What type of season did he have last year, what type of player is he, better as a SS, FS, etc. I am targeting him and Huff for the Cowboys, not sure who is better at the moment and who is cheaper.

He's not likely to be re-signed right? I get the sense he's gonna ask more then what he's worth to your team. He's obviously not a guy you can build around, but if you were starting Alan Ball and Gerald Sensabaugh he'd have to be an upgrade. Just not sure how much of 1 and if it's worth the price tag.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                Can someone give me a breakdown of Dawan Landry. What type of season did he have last year, what type of player is he, better as a SS, FS, etc. I am targeting him and Huff for the Cowboys, not sure who is better at the moment and who is cheaper.

He's not likely to be re-signed right? I get the sense he's gonna ask more then what he's worth to your team. He's obviously not a guy you can build around, but if you were starting Alan Ball and Gerald Sensabaugh he'd have to be an upgrade. Just not sure how much of 1 and if it's worth the price tag.
                                He wants an average of 5 million per year which I think is way too high for him. He's one dimension in that he's an in the box player, good against the run, and even bigger backs, but can't man up and isn't that great in zone. He has his moments though and is pretty instinctual. A lot of his fallacies can be attributed to his lack of top end speed and quickness, but he's moderately instinctive and has a pretty good feel for the game. I though Zbikowski was better, especially in coverage. But Landry is around the action a lot, can make the big play, and is a pretty sound tackler.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information