Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure anyone is replaceable but you are talking about losing players who have been in the system. Also unlikely you find a FB or backup HB at the level's of McClain and Mcgahee. You are losing a ton of players who played important roles, sure talent wise you could probably find replacements but because of continuity it's never a good idea to lose so many players who actually played.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• It's been reported that we're only $5-$6 mil. under the cap at the moment so it's hard to bring in anybody of substance. I agree with America that the guys we've lost are replaceable, in fact we've already have youth at the positions to take over for Mason, Heap, and Gregg. Oddly enough losing McGahee has probably created the biggest hole but since he's just a backup and there are a plethora of veteran RBs on the market we should be able to find one. This is a good free agent market for FBs and I have no doubt we're going to find one, the team utilizes the position too much to just have Jason McKie.

Comment

• Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
        It's been reported that we're only $5-$6 mil. under the cap at the moment so it's hard to bring in anybody of substance. I agree with America that the guys we've lost are replaceable, in fact we've already have youth at the positions to take over for Mason, Heap, and Gregg. Oddly enough losing McGahee has probably created the biggest hole but since he's just a backup and there are a plethora of veteran RBs on the market we should be able to find one. This is a good free agent market for FBs and I have no doubt we're going to find one, the team utilizes the position too much to just have Jason McKie.
        McClain has lost his value to the team because he's dropped a lot of weight and is trying to be a running back. We need him as a blocker so I think we'll be fine getting Lawrence Vickers. McClain might have been a good player, but he was hardly used as an offensive weapon, so we wouldn't be losing as much as you'd think. McGahee might have been good, but he averaged under 4 ypc, wasn't a receiving threat, and really struggled at the goal-line last year. His 100 carries are substantial but I really believe we can replace him with a small-name guy.

Comment

• And apparently we're looking at Osi Umenyiora, which is a surprise to me. We need some pass rush but he'd have to take JJ's spot, which I don't see happening. Although that could maybe force JJ to cross train at ILB which I think he could do better than other of the young options there.

Comment

• Did you quote the wrong person? Like I said both were replaceable, especially in this market. Getting a true blocker at FB might be the best route to go anyways, like you said McClain has been slimming down a bit so he can run the ball more and that's not what we need at the moment. I'll miss the versatility he brings to the table though.

I despise McGahee and the role he played for us. His style wasn't suited for the short-yardage situations and I'm all too happy to move on from him.

Comment

• Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
              Did you quote the wrong person? Like I said both were replaceable, especially in this market. Getting a true blocker at FB might be the best route to go anyways, like you said McClain has been slimming down a bit so he can run the ball more and that's not what we need at the moment. I'll miss the versatility he brings to the table though.

I despise McGahee and the role he played for us. His style wasn't suited for the short-yardage situations and I'm all too happy to move on from him.
              Yeah I meant to quote SeanTaylorRIP. My bad.

McGahee signed a 3 year deal worth $7.5 million with the Broncos. Good for him.

Now KFFL is saying that isn't true.
              Last edited by America; 07-29-2011, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• Looks like Landry is going to the Jaguars. Good riddance.

Comment

• Apparently we are in talks with Chris Carr. At this point, it's probably best to get him back just for the sake of continuity. With a shortened training camp, adding a lot of new faces could be a bad thing.

I hope Landry gets a good deal. I love compensatory picks.

Comment

• totally agree. We need players who know this team and know the defense. We have Pittsburgh in 44 days and we could use a guy like Carr. I will be content if we can retain Carr and nab Vonta Leach or even McClain(just cause he's a familiar face)

Comment

• GONE--> McGahee, Gaither, Chester, Carr, Mason, Heap, Landry, Wilson, McClain.
                      COME BACK! --> Mason, Heap, Carr.
                      AREAS OF NEED --> FB, RT, OLB, CB.
                      TOP 8 BPA --> FB: Vonta Leach, Lawrence Vickers OL: Max Starks, Shawn Andrews, OLB: Osi Umenyiora, kamerion Wimbley CB: Richard Marshall, Antonio Cromartie
                      GO RAVENS

Comment

• Id really love for us to add Richard Marshall, he'd be such a coup at this point. Young, athletic guy with good experience and pedigree. Osi's an interesting idea as well...If he comes for something like a 4th rounder Im all for it, but Ive the sneaking suspicion the Giants will want more for him. Cromartie is a guy Ive long supported as a football player but lampooned as a person, Im not sure if Id want him around Jimmy Smith early in his career.

I really wanted Greg Olsen dammit. And for a third? Come on. I don't care if we just drafted Dickson and Pitta, Greg Olsen is a much more talented football player then both of them combined.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Cro is so tempting due to his athletic ability. Imagine him somewhat caring with pagano as his coach. Look at what Pagano did with Carr, Pagano could make Cro lockdown. But he isnt a harbaugh kinda player so I doubt he will be back

Comment

• Apparently we cut Parmele along w/ Marcus Smith. Divens and Steele failed physicals also. It looks like we will need a RB in FA.

Comment

• has anyone heard any word whether or not Sergio Kindle is going to be making a comeback to the league?

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
                              BK sig is straight sex
                              THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
                              Baltimore Ravens
                              Cleveland Cavaliers
                              Cleveland Indians
                              Chelsea FC
                              Originally posted by keylime_5
                              Miller is visual sex on the field.

Comment

• Hey Ravens fans!

Can you guys tell me a little more about Kelly Gregg? I know what most people say about him but I'd love to get a Ravens fans perspective on him.

Thanks doods!

Originally posted by fenikz
                                His soft D really turns me off
                                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information