Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindle has been practicing so he will make a comeback.

And Gregg has been one of the most underrated players a DT for years. He isnt as good as he once was but he has about a season or 2 left in the tank. He will be a NT for you guys.

Comment

• Jerrell Powe will really benefit from having Kelly Gregg around. He plays with better technique than most every other NT out there. His knees are starting to go and he's never had great size, so he's losing effectiveness but he's a great locker room guy and fully capable of playing 1st and 2nd down.

And Richard Marshall just signed a one year deal with the Cardinals. Guess Ozzie is waiting out the market looking for really cheap players.

Comment

• Carr resigns. Sounds like a 4 year deal.

Comment

• Well it looks like our CB situation should be pretty locked up.

With Gregg gone Harbaugh named Cody the starting NT now. I sure hope that his conditioning is better than it was. He should be able to pick up where Gregg left off pretty easily, good team management here IMO.

Also a report says that were starting contract talks with Ngata in a couple of days. Ozzie was probably waiting until we settle in to FA. I have little doubt that Ngata will get locked up soon.
          Last edited by niel89; 07-30-2011, 01:36 PM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
            Apparently we cut Parmele along w/ Marcus Smith. Divens and Steele failed physicals also. It looks like we will need a RB in FA.
            Parmele and Marcus Smith got resigned today.

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Originally posted by niel89 View Post
              Well it looks like our CB situation should be pretty locked up.

With Gregg gone Harbaugh named Cody the starting NT now. I sure hope that his conditioning is better than it was. He should be able to pick up where Gregg left off pretty easily, good team management here IMO.

Also a report says that were starting contract talks with Ngata in a couple of days. Ozzie was probably waiting until we settle in to FA. I have little doubt that Ngata will get locked up soon.
              Once Ngata gets his deal, that should fee up some more space this year since his 12.5$ million deal is taking up more than 10% of our cap.

As long as Carr's deal isn't outrageous, I'm fine with that. He's consistent but he gives up too many plays underneath for me, but maybe with a better pass rush he won't have to give so much of a cushion. He can play the slot, with Fox and Smith outside. And a lot of analysts think Ladarius Webb can become an impact player in the secondary. Hopefully he can keep Haruki out of the dime package.

Comment

• yea I never got the Haruki hype. The guy is a special teamer and thats it. But we will be fine with Fox/Smith/Carr/Webb and either Williams/Brown as the #5

Comment

• Fabian Washington to the Saints.

Comment

• Didn't they just draft his clone last year? Meh, makes no difference. It's been known Fabian wasn't coming back since about halfway through last season. He started out playing well then really **** the bed. We're probably set at CB with Foxworth, Carr, Smith, Webb, Brown, and Williams. I wonder how many corners we'll carry this season. I think we kept six last year but I'm not sure.

Comment

• Chykie Brown has looked great in press coverage supposedly. That was his strong suit at Texas and the reason why we always thought he would turn out to be a star, but he never put the rest of it together.

I wonder if any corners will cross train at safety since we only have three on the roster. I'd rather have Webb as the 4th safety than an undrafted guy, although I think Silva has a shot to be a solid role player in this league.

Comment

• This Defense is looking pretty good this year, if Kindle can come back and live up to his potential the pass rush opposite Suggs would be much improved, the line should still be pretty solid.

Only thing I would have liked to have seen was a pick up at CB to play opposite Smith but Fox is a legitimate enough of an option.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
                        BK sig is straight sex
                        THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
                        Baltimore Ravens
                        Cleveland Cavaliers
                        Cleveland Indians
                        Chelsea FC
                        Originally posted by keylime_5
                        Miller is visual sex on the field.

Comment

• Well Heap apparently has agreed to a 2 year deal with the Cardinals.

Comment

• Vonta Leach is probably a better version of what we had in Lorenzo Neal (mostly because Neal was pretty old when we got him).

I'll miss Heap, but we're probably ready to move on. I'd look for us to sign a blocking TE now and that will help our running game even more. With Leach leading the way, Yanda moving back inside, and getting a good blocking TE for the first time in a couple of years Rice should have a really nice year. I'm not worried about the RT spot for the running game since it looks like Reid or Cousins will start there and neither would be a liability in that regard.

Comment

• Vonta is an awesome pickup. He's extremely physical and is basically a pulling guard who runs a 4.8. I'm also a Texans fan so I wanted them to keep him but it's a bittersweet consolation that he's going to my other favorite team in Baltimore. This should be a great help for Raymell.

Comment

• I LOOOOOOVE signing Vonta Leach. I view this as a considerable upgrade as a true fullback. McClain is a great all around FB because he can block, carry, and catch, but I think that Leach will be a big upgrade in purely blocking IMO.

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information