This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by niel89 View Post
    I LOOOOOOVE signing Vonta Leach. I view this as a considerable upgrade as a true fullback. McClain is a great all around FB because he can block, carry, and catch, but I think that Leach will be a big upgrade in purely blocking IMO.
    ^^^^

this.

Comment

• This is great for Rice. I expect big things for Rice next year.

BTW how is Leach as a pass blocker

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
        This is great for Rice. I expect big things for Rice next year.

BTW how is Leach as a pass blocker
        He can stick a D-end as well as most lineman, but the one downside is he's not a threat at all on passing downs so most of the time he's subbed out for a 3rd wideout or 2nd tight end. But for basic passing out of two back sets or the 11 formation or whatever you want to call it, he's very good.

However, he's still much better going forward run blocking, making play actions more ideal because he can de-cleat a linebacker and open up the middle of the field for Rice, Boldin, whoever.

Comment

• I've read that he actually isn't bad as a receiver out of the backfield. He has had a couple of 20 catch season with Houston (not bad for a FB, but last season was pretty uneventful in that category). That's definitely not the reason we signed him though.

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nt-feel-great/

Not good

Comment

• Apparently are in the hunt for Osi. Im not gung hoe on that move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                Apparently are in the hunt for Osi. Im not gung hoe on that move.
                It appears as though they'll wait to deal him. I really don't feel as though he'd fit at all in our scheme.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44

Comment

• Thoughts on Le’Ron McClain?

Comment

• Le'Ron is a nice player to have. He's not a great lead-blocker but he's very versatile. He wanted more carries so going to Kansas City was a bit of a surprise for me.

Comment

• The Chiefs had trouble in short yardage situations last year. I'm sure Le'Ron is going to be used in that role.

Comment

• Echoing reports out of Houston, hearing Ravens will add former Texans safety Bernard Pollard. T. Zbikowski on non-football illlness list.
                        http://twitter.com/RavensInsider/sta...12971446693889

If only we were playing the Pats this year ...

Comment

• you guys think Pollard is going to be in the mix to start at SS or just a body to have until Zbi gets healthy.

And splat LeRon will be a fine short yardage back for you. He also wasnt a bad lead blocker. He was above average id say

Comment

• Apparently its a 2 year deal for Pollard. I'm hoping we use both Zbi and Pollard and alternate them depending on the situation as they have complimentary strengths - Zbi in coverage, Pollard tackling.

Maybe we use Pollard in obvious running downs and Zbi in passing situations?

Comment

• Pollard is a good SP teams player and solid against the run but I can't stress enough how bad he is vs the pass...

Comment

• yea everyone has said Pollard sucks in coverage. Im hoping its just a body til Zbi gets healthy.

Also anyone know how much $ McCLain signed for? I kinda wish we got him back as our goalline back

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information