Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pollard is tremendously awful in playing "centerfield" pass coverage, but he is one hell of a run stopper and trash talker. He is downright nasty. He can man up on the TE better than you'd think and complements our other safeties really well. I like this pick up a lot. He'll bring some more swagger to the D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7afJJsMzwQ

Comment

• YO America do you think he is an upgrade over Landry?

Comment

• I love the Bernard Pollard signing, but probably for different reasons then most. He's an absolute missile on special teams and a monster kick blocker. I think he had 6 blocks kicks at Purdue? The guy is an absolute weapon. Id imagine he'll get some snaps across from Reed, but he is absolutely awful in coverage. We're talking Roy Williams bad here.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I see it sounds like Zbi will get time as well. It all depends on the package.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            I love the Bernard Pollard signing, but probably for different reasons then most. He's an absolute missile on special teams and a monster kick blocker. I think he had 6 blocks kicks at Purdue? The guy is an absolute weapon. Id imagine he'll get some snaps across from Reed, but he is absolutely awful in coverage. We're talking Roy Williams bad here.
            Pollard is like Williams, but five times worse in coverage. He can hit and you're right about him on special teams, but don't expect him to cover anyone at any time. He can't do it.

Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
              YO America do you think he is an upgrade over Landry?
              Nah, he's more one dimensional though. Pollard is a freak athlete. He looks like a small outside linebacker. He's great on kickoffs and punts so I'm sure be on those units but he's really just too big of a liability in coverage.

However, to be fair, the Texans D last year was very vanilla, especially when Demeco Ryans went down and Cushing was coming back from his suspension (plus he stopped taking steroids). They played Pollard in the worst way, giving him over the top coverage in cover two seemingly almost every play. He can't do half the field. He's too aggressive, looking into the backfield and biting on fakes. But he's money close to the LOS. He should have specially designed packages on our D that are tailored more to his talents.

Comment

• Word is that Malcolm Floyd wants to be a Raven and we've made him an offer to join us. Deal could be done by Friday!!

I know he's no Randy Moss or Vincent Jackson but he is a big body, someone who knows Cameron's system and gives Joe his first legitimate target to throw to thats taller than 6-1.

I know Flacco has great chemistry with Mason, but we need a different type of WR, Floyd is exactly what our offense needs.

If we can bring him in our WR corp looks like this -

WR1- Boldin
                WR2- Floyd
                Slot - Torrey Smith/Tandon Doss/David Reed
                WR4- Torrey Smith/Tandon Doss/David Reed
                WR5- Torrey Smith/Tandon Doss/David Reed

TE - Ed Dickson - Dennis Pitta

I know its a lot of youth and it will take Flacco a while to get used to, given the crazy offseason and such but I think in the long run, this is going to be a much better WR corp than last year... just pray we land Floyd within the next 48 hours!!

Comment

• Ill love that WR corp. Floyd compliments Boldin infinetly better then Mason did. Ill miss Mason but it was time to move on

Comment

• I think Floyd would be a nice addition to the Ravens.

Comment

• I expect Tandon Doss to contribute alot this year. He's a tad bit more polished then Torrey and Harbaugh has been raving about his hands and toughness already. I can see him being effective working out of the slot, especially if we get Floyd to add a deep presence down the field on the outside.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I see Doss stepping into the role TJ Hoosh and Kelly Washington had the past 2 years.

Also I wonder how David Reed will fit into this mix. I remember Harbaugh being on his nuts last pre season. Saying he will be a star WR in this league.

Comment

• I think Floyd would be a solid addition. However, I wouldn't get too excited about his potential. For one, he will be thirty this season, and even though he has only started three years, thirty is always a natural point where the body starts to slow down (except for freaks like T.O.). Two, Phillip Rivers might be the best deep ball QB in the league and that offense is tailored to move the ball down the field. Three, even with Vincent Jackson out, Floyd only averaged about three receptions a game and had almost 30% of his season yards in a game against the Raiders. Lastly, he will only have the preseason to establish a rapport with Flacco and that usually takes some time. I think he will be a good player and certainly bring a new element to the receiving core but I don't think he'll have nearly the same sort of production or impact as he did in San Diego. The one area where he might not drop off in is TD's because he lost a lot of those redzone fades to Gates, and we have no one for that role now.

Comment

• Yea im not saying he will be a superstar but I think that he will be an improvement over Mason judging the style of play that he brings to the table

Comment

• Nice to see Zibi back at practice. He must have had some kind of weird skin thing to keep him out like that.

I think that Pollard is a nice addition if we use him correctly. We know he is very weak in coverage and can't be a center fielder type, but we don't need him to be a center fielder. As long as we are able to adapt the defense a little to him, we should have a productive player.

I would be a big fan of signing a guy like Floyd. He is a good receiver and you just can't teach 6'5". I think that a big target will really be a nice thing for Flacco. The young WRs have potential to be good but are completely unproven. Floyd fills in that #2 WR role nicely. He won't be some superstar, but should be a nice big target that will be a nice redzone help.

Side note: If we really are looking to add size at WR, it kinda seems like a waste giving this guy what I assume is a pretty nice deal. I know its been a while but Clarence Moore still is a FA and I'm sure he's still ready to give it another shot. You know the man didn't shrink.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Floyd resigns with San Diego.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information