Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im going to Ravens practice here are some things I will focus on.

1)How Foxworths knee is
    2)What young WRs are stepping up
    3)Ellerbe, will his head be out of his ass. I read they had Burgess over him
    4)The right tackle battle of Reid and Cousins
    5)The TE battle of Pitta VS. Dickson

Comment

• I'd keep an eye out on the SS competition too, it looks like Zbikowski is back practicing so you should be able to see all 3 guys compete. I read that Burgess was starting next to Lewis too, although I'm not sure it's anything more than just trying out something new. McClain was never really good/consistent for us last season and I still think that the position is up for grabs.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68...br-2010-season

Flacco ranked 12th in "Total Quarterback Rating." There's another article that better explains the metrics and how every play is incorporated, but it all makes a lot of sense and is a better measure than the conventional rating. 12th is a good sign though. Hopefully this year he can make a jump and lead the team to a Superbowl win.

And while Floyd would have been a great addition, the fact that San Diego is keeping him just frees up money we would have allotted to him to resign some of our own guys. I'd still like to push for D-Mase to come back. I don't think there's anyone out there that would have as much of an impact as Mason, given his history with Joe and the limited time to get the offense up to speed. Maybe by some miracle, James Hardy will turn into a monster and become the number 2 wideout.
        Last edited by America; 08-05-2011, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• In the preseason I am interested to see who steps into the #2 role. Could be Torrey with Doss in the slot but still not crazy about so much raw youth for a team which should be competing for a super bowl. Also interested to see if as a rookie Tyrod can prove enough so that the Ravens only have to carry 2 QB's on roster. Also will be watching Art to see if he can capture that starting role, definitely rooting for him.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Well, the aging veterans at WR didn't work for us last year so why not try something new? I'd prefer to have a mix but I'd rather have a Boldin/Smith/Doss over Boldin/Mason/Houshmanzadeh.

Comment

• I was at Ravens training camp on satuday and Flacco really targeted Torrey Smith. I think he is ahead of Doss. But we will see in the first pre season game.

During that practice they actually had Boldin in the slot and working the middle.(I was shocked)

We also looked like a Rex Ryan D.

Carry Williams impressed me, It will be interesting to see what we do with CBs. are we gonna keep 6 CBs (fox,smith,webb,carr,williams,brown) or will Brown or Williams leave.

Cousins started over Jah Reid and thats just scary.

Our dline also was kicking the olines ass. But we didnt have Birk in and Grubbs was just coming off of that ankle injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
                Well, the aging veterans at WR didn't work for us last year so why not try something new? I'd prefer to have a mix but I'd rather have a Boldin/Smith/Doss over Boldin/Mason/Houshmanzadeh.
                i agree with you man. We desperately needed to get younger and faster on offense. While cutting Mason, Heap and McGahee was tough (especially HEAAAPPPP) Flacco will eventually get used to and develop chemistry with the younger guys in Dickson, Pitta, Smith, and Doss, and hopefully Anquan can replace Mason as Flacco's safety net.

Comment

• His focus is awesome, he's doing great in the classroom, and it's showing up out on the field," Pagano said. "He's getting some quality reps in certain situations. He's been a real pleasant surprise, and if he'll stay with it and keep grinding and stay focused and stay in playbook and come out here and work the details of the game, then I think you're going to see a real different Paul Kruger."

Apparently Kruger is back at OLB now. I like it cause we need more OLB depth. Hopefully he can give us something.

Comment

• I have mixed feelings about Ricky Williams

good to have a vet presence, especially with the shorten offseason and all. This also might mean we are planning on running it more this year, another good sign.

but honestly, I haven't paid much attention to Williams, he's 34 years old, how much tread does this guy have left on his tires?

Comment

• Im shocked we got him. But he averaged 4.4 ypc against PITT last year. Hopefully he has something left in the tank

Comment

• I go to UT so obviously this is great news for me. Ricky is a legend.

Comment

• Love the signing. Rick is one of my all-time favorite players so obviously I'm thrilled to get him. He gives us some stability behind Raymell and imo, is an upgrade over Willis as a short yardage, big back. I think he's got more left in the tank than he gets credit for.

Comment

• Yeah, Willis wasn't an ideal short yardage/goal line back. Hopefully Williams will dance around less and just put his head down and hit the hole hard.

Comment

• Ricky is also a better receiver than Willis. It's a push to whose a better pass blocker, but he's on a max of $4 million over two years (base 2.5/2 years) so it's a heck of a financial swap.

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                                I have mixed feelings about Ricky Williams

good to have a vet presence, especially with the shorten offseason and all. This also might mean we are planning on running it more this year, another good sign.

but honestly, I haven't paid much attention to Williams, he's 34 years old, how much tread does this guy have left on his tires?
                                There were 2 years in there where he wasn't in the NFL and then add another year off because of the injury after his reinstatement. Then add in the fact that after his most recent return he split carries with Brown and he's had some considerable rest period.

While his 2,323 career carries in the NFL (add 100ish I believe for his CFL season) probably nixes any idea of him being a feature back I certainly think he has enough in the tank to be a complimentary back to Rice.

I like the pick up

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
                                BK sig is straight sex
                                THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
                                Baltimore Ravens
                                Cleveland Cavaliers
                                Cleveland Indians
                                Chelsea FC
                                Originally posted by keylime_5
                                Miller is visual sex on the field.

Comment

Working...